Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Kidkare
sharlan 10:18 AM 08-22-2017
I hate it. After 3 months, I finally was able to make out an invoice and mark it paid. Too complicated for me.

Bring back MinuteMenu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Meeko 10:35 AM 08-22-2017
Originally Posted by sharlan:
I hate it. After 3 months, I finally was able to make out an invoice and mark it paid. Too complicated for me.

Bring back MinuteMenu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leigh 11:07 AM 08-22-2017
Ugh. I hated Minute Menu, but I'd give anything to have it back now!

Has anyone here had a problem with kids who were signed in having their times disappear? I noticed it before I submitted my last claim, called my sponsor (who hadn't heard the complaint from anyone else), went back and added the times in AGAIN, and was shorted for 11 meals in my report because it showed the kids as not present.

I am hoping someone else has seen this and heard of how to fix?
Josiegirl 01:33 AM 08-23-2017
Do we have to be on KK by Sept. 1 or Oct. 1? As you can see, I'm a procrastinator.
MissAnn 04:28 AM 08-23-2017
My minute m u is still wo king but I use KidKare. Everything I enter into KidKare is also going into Minute Menu. What I miss about MMK? It keeps track of how many hours a kid is here. Why can't KidKare do that???? Also.....with minute menu if you want to enter 50 hours of cleaning the daycare at the end of the year....you can. With KidKare you have to enter the exact date and time. So if you haven't enter d it every time......it's a pain. Not sure I'm explaining that clearly......time space/when children are not present.
midaycare 05:47 AM 08-23-2017
Originally Posted by MissAnn:
My minute m u is still wo king but I use KidKare. Everything I enter into KidKare is also going into Minute Menu. What I miss about MMK? It keeps track of how many hours a kid is here. Why can't KidKare do that???? Also.....with minute menu if you want to enter 50 hours of cleaning the daycare at the end of the year....you can. With KidKare you have to enter the exact date and time. So if you haven't enter d it every time......it's a pain. Not sure I'm explaining that clearly......time space/when children are not present.
I entered t/s stuff with no issues. I'll take a look to see how I did it at naptime today.
Blackcat31 11:09 AM 08-23-2017
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Do we have to be on KK by Sept. 1 or Oct. 1? As you can see, I'm a procrastinator.
I heard October 1st but my rep just texted me and said my agency said NO LATER than August 31. I too am procrastinating. I will make the change but not until August 31st....probably around 11PM
Cat Herder 11:25 AM 08-24-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I heard October 1st but my rep just texted me and said my agency said NO LATER than August 31. I too am procrastinating. I will make the change but not until August 31st....probably around 11PM
I plan on printing everything out for taxes on September 29th, then freehand Oct-Dec and hope for the best.

My hope is they will have the kinks worked out before the big force out. Their constant facebook page apologies make me less hopeful.
284878 06:11 PM 08-25-2017
Originally Posted by Leigh:
Ugh. I hated Minute Menu, but I'd give anything to have it back now!

Has anyone here had a problem with kids who were signed in having their times disappear? I noticed it before I submitted my last claim, called my sponsor (who hadn't heard the complaint from anyone else), went back and added the times in AGAIN, and was shorted for 11 meals in my report because it showed the kids as not present.

I am hoping someone else has seen this and heard of how to fix?
It has happened to me, I have lost meals because of KK. I have refreshed the screen and seen check out times disappear. I have deleted a meal and have it not delete but kk removed the kids from the meal. And when I run any report the meal does not come up in the report but it did in reps report and when I go to that day and meal directly.
I proved to my rep that it doesn't come up on my report nor can you save a meal with out a least one child in attendance for that meal. She removed the warning off my account. But won't do anything when a child's in or out disappeared. I verbally told her that she holding things against me that are out of my control and that when we used mm I wasn't getting errors once I learned the system (those were my fault or maybe hers for confusing me, either way I didn't protest those)
No I don't have a solution, but to create a meal and attendance report before you submit then email the report to your rep.
Leigh 08:58 PM 08-25-2017
Originally Posted by 284878:
It has happened to me, I have lost meals because of KK. I have refreshed the screen and seen check out times disappear. I have deleted a meal and have it not delete but kk removed the kids from the meal. And when I run any report the meal does not come up in the report but it did in reps report and when I go to that day and meal directly.
I proved to my rep that it doesn't come up on my report nor can you save a meal with out a least one child in attendance for that meal. She removed the warning off my account. But won't do anything when a child's in or out disappeared. I verbally told her that she holding things against me that are out of my control and that when we used mm I wasn't getting errors once I learned the system (those were my fault or maybe hers for confusing me, either way I didn't protest those)
No I don't have a solution, but to create a meal and attendance report before you submit then email the report to your rep.
Thanks for the response to my question-I hadn't considered saving the report for my rep. I'll definitely do that from now on!
hwichlaz 11:56 AM 08-28-2017
Originally Posted by Leigh:
Thanks for the response to my question-I hadn't considered saving the report for my rep. I'll definitely do that from now on!
I save mine by "print to pdf" and email it in. Just in case...because I don't trust.
Josiegirl 03:07 AM 10-01-2017
Can you believe I haven't even started on KK yet? We had until this month to do the switch-over. Haha Nothing like the last minute for me.

It can't be that bad, is it, if you don't do invoicing or anything else on it, except enter the foods/children?
MyAngels 12:06 PM 10-01-2017
Can you believe I haven't even started on KK yet? We had until this month to do the switch-over. Haha Nothing like the last minute for me.

It can't be that bad, is it, if you don't do invoicing or anything else on it, except enter the foods/children?
That's all I use it for and I haven't had any problems.
amberrose3dg 04:12 AM 10-02-2017
I only use it for menus for food program. It works fine for me. I guess I like being able to use my phone. It saves on the paperwork later so to speak.
Blackcat31 08:57 AM 10-02-2017

Originally Posted by MyAngels:
That's all I use it for and I haven't had any problems.
Same here

I finally made the switch a couple days ago.

I don't use it for invoicing or payment.
Only for menus, recording meals and submitting claims.

So far, no issues.
Cat Herder 05:59 AM 10-03-2017
I don't like it at all. I am coping, but I don't like it. Easy to figure out, but much less offered and less useful to me.
  1. It takes 5X as long to enter meals/attendance.
  2. The printout forms look amateur/cheap/ugly other than the W-10 which I greatly appreciate they left alone.
  3. The sign in sheets are useless with one page per day in micro-print. Has to be stored for 2 yrs, impractical AH.
  4. I am still waiting on auto-pay approval which is the main reason I moved over to begin with; continuity.
  5. There are no curriculum planning, daily sheets, certificates or charts.

We are paying more for less. Probably not for long, though.
Leigh 06:20 AM 10-03-2017
I think I am going to switch to submitting paper menus. KidKare is glitching somehow and deleting in/out times for me. I can add them over and over, and they still disappear. It takes me hours longer each month to enter my meals, and I have had 5 open tickets with KidKare for 2 months with no response. I thought MM was primitive and could use some upgrades, but KK is not a step up, IMO.
Blackcat31 06:54 AM 10-03-2017
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I don't like it at all. I am coping, but I don't like it. Easy to figure out, but much less offered and less useful to me.
  1. It takes 5X as long to enter meals/attendance.
  2. The printout forms look amateur/cheap/ugly other than the W-10 which I greatly appreciate they left alone.
  3. The sign in sheets are useless with one page per day in micro-print. Has to be stored for 2 yrs, impractical AH.
  4. I am still waiting on auto-pay approval which is the main reason I moved over to begin with; continuity.
  5. There are no curriculum planning, daily sheets, certificates or charts.

We are paying more for less. Probably not for long, though.
I have noticed the same thing.... it takes more time to enter things and I can't "customize" the list of kids in the manner I want to list them.

I am muddling along like everyone else but I do.not.like. this new program. Grrr!
284878 04:13 AM 10-02-2017

That is all I use it for and I have issues too. I had error found only on my consultant end, that caused me to loose a refund for that meal and every month before I submit, I have to go back and clock a child out from random days. (The same child, I do all clock in and out at the same time.)
Last week kk decided to do updates in the middle of the day on cereal and yogurt. Both items I had served and I was unable to enter them. I had to call my consultant and explain to her that I could not find the food to enter them, just in case they did not appear again that day. I also sent a ticket into kk and asked why were they updating during the day when providers needed to enter meals. The actually responded with they would not do that again. During their update my screen refreshed and I got locked out of my account and had to reset my password. Then when I got in I had lost the meal I was entering and had to start over. Wasted my whole nap time on this, not joking.
Josiegirl 09:52 AM 10-14-2017
Anyone know the answer to this? I wasn't aware until Wed. that we could claim an infant if the dcm came in at lunch time to breastfeed so I haven't been claiming lunches, just breakfast/p.m. snack for him. I did this week okay because I usually only enter meals on weekends, but tried to go back and add lunches for him for last week and it said something about being 'outside of the array'. So does that tell me I cannot fix that now?
Thanks for any help you can offer.
Country Kids 11:14 AM 10-17-2017
I cannot figure out for the life of me how to print an invoicing! Plus one of my parents needs receipts of payment and I can't figure out how to get a receipt for them
Cat Herder 12:05 PM 10-17-2017
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
I cannot figure out for the life of me how to print an invoicing! Plus one of my parents needs receipts of payment and I can't figure out how to get a receipt for them
Accounting>Invoices, click on specific invoice. When it opens there will be a printer icon in the top left corner.
Country Kids 09:28 PM 10-17-2017
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Accounting>Invoices, click on specific invoice. When it opens there will be a printer icon in the top left corner.
Thank you so much! After I posted my hubby came home and was able to get it all figured out for me.

I think I was just in a rush and its hard to do with the littles here
Blackcat31 11:23 AM 10-17-2017
Anyone know the answer to this? I wasn't aware until Wed. that we could claim an infant if the dcm came in at lunch time to breastfeed so I haven't been claiming lunches, just breakfast/p.m. snack for him. I did this week okay because I usually only enter meals on weekends, but tried to go back and add lunches for him for last week and it said something about being 'outside of the array'. So does that tell me I cannot fix that now?
Thanks for any help you can offer.
I wonder if all agencies set the software up to their requirements ? I rarely enter meals during the day and sometimes enter them weeks later. I track them using paper attendance and menu forms for verification purposes but I am able to enter meals as far back as last month...well basically until a claim for that time period os submitted.
Josiegirl 02:41 AM 10-18-2017
I wonder if all agencies set the software up to their requirements ? I rarely enter meals during the day and sometimes enter them weeks later. I track them using paper attendance and menu forms for verification purposes but I am able to enter meals as far back as last month...well basically until a claim for that time period os submitted.
I talked with my sponsor and she said I should be able to go back and change it. If I couldn't she would. I was able to change a few days but there was 1 I couldn't. I just think KK has some glitches getting worked out of its system. I have no idea about their software, etc., but you'd think everybody would be on the same page to make it easier. Oh wait, it's the government. That ain't gonna happen.
Josiegirl 02:48 AM 10-18-2017
Thanks Unreg.! That's helpful.
hwichlaz 04:57 PM 10-24-2017

My sponsor runs a report of all of their providers every Friday. After they run the report they freeze Mon-Thurs so that no changes can be made. They can also put individual providers on a "daily" setting so they can't make any changes to the current day after midnight. They do this when they put someone on a plan of correction.
Mom2Two 07:45 PM 10-24-2017
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
My sponsor runs a report of all of their providers every Friday. After they run the report they freeze Mon-Thurs so that no changes can be made. They can also put individual providers on a "daily" setting so they can't make any changes to the current day after midnight. They do this when they put someone on a plan of correction.
What is a "plan of correction"? Actually, I'm a bit scared to ask--it sounds like something new and horrible dreamed up to make dc providers want to quit.
Josiegirl 02:10 AM 10-25-2017
Originally Posted by Mom2Two:
What is a "plan of correction"? Actually, I'm a bit scared to ask--it sounds like something new and horrible dreamed up to make dc providers want to quit.
If they start making this whole thing more difficult, I'll quit. So far, it's been alright for me but then I don't use anything other than the menu part of it all. Don't they WANT us to stay on their food program? It makes money for them doesn't it?
Josiegirl 02:14 AM 10-25-2017
Now *there's* a show of support from an agency. I'm so glad our region of the state is very helpful and extremely supportive of it's participants. You can tell our sponsors are on our side.
Blackcat31 08:12 AM 10-25-2017
I'd quit.

I don't like to be micromanaged by people that don't technically have the power to do so.

I'd make it clear as to why I was quitting too!

The whole point of this program is so that kids that otherwise don't have the opportunity to get well balanced nutritional meals can have access to them in daycare, preschools and schools and if they (the agency handling the program in my area) wants to assert power verses support, encourage and lead they can take their egos and over inflated concepts of leadership and serve it to themselves.

I understand the consequences etc for those on a probationary status (too many programs/providers are dishonest) but for others that follow the rules and do things according to the federal guidelines, that kind of micro-managing hurts the CACFP program and the kids that NEED it the most.
hwichlaz 09:00 AM 10-25-2017
I'd quit.

I don't like to be micromanaged by people that don't technically have the power to do so.

I'd make it clear as to why I was quitting too!

The whole point of this program is so that kids that otherwise don't have the opportunity to get well balanced nutritional meals can have access to them in daycare, preschools and schools and if they (the agency handling the program in my area) wants to assert power verses support, encourage and lead they can take their egos and over inflated concepts of leadership and serve it to themselves.

I understand the consequences etc for those on a probationary status (too many programs/providers are dishonest) but for others that follow the rules and do things according to the federal guidelines, that kind of micro-managing hurts the CACFP program and the kids that NEED it the most.
Except federal guidelines say you're never to be more than 24 hours behind on paperwork for the FP. In your case, since you do it on paper daily and add later, you're in compliance. My sponsor is pretty flexible and would work with you on that. But most people do one or the other.
renodeb 02:10 PM 10-24-2017
I hate kk and I don't even use the book keeping part. Every time I get on there is some kind of issue. I really am thinking of bagging it all together!
Tags:kidkare, kidkare issues, minute menu
Reply Up