Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Questions for Californians and a Vent
missjenny 10:30 PM 09-25-2012
Getting a license is confusing and trying to get a hold of someone from resource and referrals is next to impossible. For the Californians on this site, it says I have to send in the complete application or it will be sent back but in order to make it complete I need the faculty number on some of the forms, but to get the facility number I have to send in the application. Could someone give me some clarification so I can submit my application?

So now my vent I was planning on taking my time in setting up my daycare only now I have to put it into hyper drive as I will be out of a job in less then a month. Yay layoffs and store closers. At any rate I put out a craigslist add to start baby sitting just to bring in some extra money as the website said it could take anywhere from 60 to 90 days to get a license. I have one good lead from it, a single dad with two boys who needs someone on the weekends and some weekdays. The boys are great albeit a little hyper at times but running around in the backyard helps.

Today I received another call for a lady looking for full time Monday through Friday starting in two week and of course stupid me I said I would not be available till at least mid October. My husband was nice enough to remind me that since I can care for the children of one family without a license I should have a least set up an interview and if it went well just quit my job since all I would need is one child enrolled to make more then what I earn now. Now I feel stupid but at the same time glad that my one ad is actually getting some people to call.

Also awhile ago I had asked my mother in law if she would be willing to assist me if say I ever fell ill or had some appointments. I guess she took it as we are now partners and expects that once I have it set up she’ll be there all the time. In addition I guess she told another friend of hers what I was doing and now her friend is setting up a day care and luckily that’s in the next city over but since this is California that means only about 10 miles away. She is helping her friend out and keeps coming over to ask how far along have I gotten and when we are going to get started and all this we we we. And yes I know I owe her, she did help my husband and I out a lot but I can’t afford to pay her for all the time. I only plan on taking maybe 4 kids. That would be all the money I would earn minus the expenses for the daycare. And on top of that she is going through the whole process too and for the life of me I don’t know why since she says she is not planning on running a day care from her home. Sigh. End vent.
Up