Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Toy / Product Reviews Idea for Daycare.com
Michael 07:19 PM 05-06-2011
There was a thread on the forum that brought up and idea I had last year about product/toy/game reviews. If any of you are interested in reviewing a toy or product, that you like or dislike, I have a place where you can do it called Building Blocks. in the past I know Mattel use to send toys/games for out review and the user got to keep them. Possibly this section/service might find the same interest in the toy manufacturers.

https://www.daycare.com/buildingblocks/

Let me know your suggestions and if it is an idea that has merit. I'm just writing/thinking out loud.
WDW 08:03 PM 05-06-2011
Sounds kinda fun!
Michelle 08:23 PM 05-06-2011
Originally Posted by Michael:
There was a thread on the forum that brought up and idea I had last year about product/toy/game reviews. If any of you are interested in reviewing a toy or product, that you like or dislike, I have a place where you can do it called Building Blocks. in the past I know Mattel use to send toys/games for out review and the user got to keep them. Possibly this section/service might find the same interest in the toy manufacturers.

Let me know your suggestions and if it is an idea that has merit. I'm just writing/thinking out loud.
so you're hearing voices again?
PitterPatter 08:42 PM 05-06-2011
Originally Posted by Michael:

I think that's a great idea! I would be interested in seeing reviews as well as giving my own on toys and games. I think that would help everyone.

I often check reviews on other websites but I never know if they can be trusted. Like are the excellent reviews placed there by the toy company in order to boost sales. Here it would be all ours and trusted. I am a suspicious person at times I know.
Michael 10:01 PM 05-06-2011
Originally Posted by Michelle:
so you're hearing voices again?
Yes, I do. They are usually right.

Originally Posted by PitterPatter:
I think that's a great idea! I would be interested in seeing reviews as well as giving my own on toys and games. I think that would help everyone.

I often check reviews on other websites but I never know if they can be trusted. Like are the excellent reviews placed there by the toy company in order to boost sales. Here it would be all ours and trusted. I am a suspicious person at times I know.
It would be interesting if as a toy critic we could reference all the reviews for each different writer. That way visitors could also click on a writer's name to find all of their reviews if they like the writer's suggestions.

I could see what is the benefit for Daycare.com but I am trying to find the "benefit" for those that take the time to write. Obviously if we get toy makers to engage, it would allow for them to send products to those writers for their review/feedback/suggestions. Afterall, it is you the provider that knows what's best for you and your children.

If someone has a product that they want to write about, PM me with your review and maybe a rating on

Ease of Use
Level of Engagement
Price Worthiness
Single or Multiple User
Learning Curve

I will post the first one to see what everyone here thinks and we can move from there. Any other suggestions?
countrymom 04:42 AM 05-07-2011
sounds good, I did it for a toy company. they sent me the product, and then I had to fill out a questioner and send it back.
Abigail 09:30 AM 05-07-2011
I think if we do reviews we should be required to write a short paragraph. I've read too many reviews that I didn't care for because it was simply a "good" answer with ratings on the general categories. A lot of places have the age of the buyer and whether they bought it or got it as a gift, but I don't find those completely necessary. I would rather know how long and how often and how many other toys the child had as a choice at that point in time. Some people often review a toy on day one with a great impression just to find after they did the review the child lost all interest on day two, etc.
KEG123 10:54 AM 05-07-2011
Hey, if it means I get free toys, I'm in. lol
Tags:building blocks, games, product reviews, toys
Reply Up