Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Venting Thread
Patches 05:39 AM 01-30-2014
Would've been nice to sleep in! I was up and ready by 6:30 this morning and my 6:30 drop off didn't show up. My next one didn't show up until 7:20. So, had I known my early one wasn't coming, I could've slept in another 45 minutes
Naptime yet? 01:05 PM 01-31-2014
My dearest DCM,

There is no need to prolong your taking your child home, trying to prove to me you have control when you ask your child to do something & he refuses. There's no need to sit on the floor & reason with your toddler about why he has to wear his coat in 10 degree weather. Your actions speak much louder than your words.

And when you wonder why he listens so well to me & not you? Hmmmm...

I hope those teenage years treat you much better than these toddler ones.

Your humble provider.
SilverSabre25 12:35 PM 02-03-2014
Sent one home with pink eye.

My eyes are just itching because I'm paranoid. Like feeling bug tickles. Right? Right?
TwinKristi 12:38 PM 02-03-2014
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
Sent one home with pink eye.

My eyes are just itching because I'm paranoid. Like feeling bug tickles. Right? Right?
Right!! Maybe you can do a saline squirt in your eyes?
SilverSabre25 01:55 PM 02-03-2014
Originally Posted by TwinKristi:
Right!! Maybe you can do a saline squirt in your eyes?
I acutally have some leftover pink eye drops from when DD had it awhile back. I'm considering a "preemptive" dose of them...

my eyes are still itching and are starting to feel a bit more watery than normal. *sigh* I'm trying to will it to be my imagination....but will the wildfire listen?
Lyss 08:04 AM 02-07-2014
Ugh!!! We have a significant amount of snow (which we rarely get) and are expected to get more. Schools/gov't offices/businesses are closed.

All my families have called in, except one. My most 'cautious' family too!! The family where DCM picks up if there's a lot of planes flying overhead (she's concerned of chemtrails) or will leave town if there is a fire near her house but apparently icy roads are fine... argh!
SilverSabre25 09:15 AM 02-07-2014
Most common cause of my deciding to quit (which I do most days at some point, lol) is DCB1.75yo and his screech-cry. He has one cry, which he uses for everything, and when he cries he gets slimey (nose, drool, tears, everything. It's really gross) and rubs his hands in his face and his face and hands all over me....multiple times a day, for everything from being bored to being bitten.
jgcp 01:11 PM 02-10-2014
Why is it the worst dck I have is the first to show up and the last to leave??? I think the universe hates me uggg and she wakes everyone else up an hour before they should. Fml
JoseyJo 01:49 PM 02-10-2014
Originally Posted by jgcp:
Why is it the worst dck I have is the first to show up and the last to leave??? I think the universe hates me uggg and she wakes everyone else up an hour before they should. Fml
I think above is VERY common - I think it is one of two reasons, or maybe both in some cases:

1. Child is a handful so parents choose to spend as little times as possible with the child- leaving them at daycare, relatives, playdates, sports activities, etc as much of the time as possible.

2. The parents choose not to spend time with their child due to mixed up priorities- being a workaholic, liking to party, needing extreme amounts of "me" time, etc, so the child is acting up because they miss their parents and don't have a strong primary care giver laying down the law.

Parents who don't spend lots of time with their children also tend not to see the importance of manners, discipline, and self help because they aren't with their child enough for it to really make a difference to them if they have to wipe 5 yo Timmy's behind once a week.

I feel for you! I had a dcb whose parents were just like that. Never figured out if it was 1 or 2 but in either case the result is the same- a sad/grouchy/testing/"high spirited"/annoying brat- and it's all the parent's fault IMO!!!
racemom 11:38 AM 02-11-2014
Originally Posted by JoseyJo:
I think above is VERY common - I think it is one of two reasons, or maybe both in some cases:

1. Child is a handful so parents choose to spend as little times as possible with the child- leaving them at daycare, relatives, playdates, sports activities, etc as much of the time as possible.

2. The parents choose not to spend time with their child due to mixed up priorities- being a workaholic, liking to party, needing extreme amounts of "me" time, etc, so the child is acting up because they miss their parents and don't have a strong primary care giver laying down the law.

Parents who don't spend lots of time with their children also tend not to see the importance of manners, discipline, and self help because they aren't with their child enough for it to really make a difference to them if they have to wipe 5 yo Timmy's behind once a week.

I feel for you! I had a dcb whose parents were just like that. Never figured out if it was 1 or 2 but in either case the result is the same- a sad/grouchy/testing/"high spirited"/annoying brat- and it's all the parent's fault IMO!!!
I think it is both 1 & 2. Number 1 happens because number 2 is the way these children are treated. I find in my experience any way the children that go from day care to grandmas or any other sort of care crave attention and often do not know the right way to recieve it so they become difficult.
providerandmomof4 04:34 PM 02-11-2014
Everyone has a horrible snotty, sneezy,germs flying, little boogery hands touching everything. Aah! Now today two of them have the smelly, runny, not quite diarrhea but horribe loose bm! And to top it off, I tell dcd that dcg had diarrhea today so please moniter the situation and without missing a beat he asks dcg if she is ready to go and eat KFC buffet. Seriously?Did he hear a word I said? Just get out...he was late at pickup too
!!!
mema 09:53 AM 02-13-2014
I think if parents come in saying good luck, don't know how your day is going to go, that they should have to take their child(ren) home and find out how the day is gonn go. Parents, be the parent-PUT YOUR CHILD TO BED
DaycareMomma 01:19 PM 02-13-2014
Dear 13 month old dcg,

Will you EVER wake up from a nap without crying like a damn infant?! I am so sick and tired of listening to your crying while everyone else is waking up nice and pleasant.

Sincerely,
Your cranky daycare provider

PS While you are at it, why don't you learn that no matter what mom lets you get away with at home, pulling hair, pushing my daughters face into the floor, biting, hiting and being held all the time are NOT ACCEPTABLE HERE. The rules have not changed in the 11 months you have been here!
TwinKristi 02:10 PM 02-13-2014
^^ ugh I had one who did this until he left at 23mos. Seriously woke up like someone stabbed him in the eye every.single.day! Mom hated it too but nothing worked for getting him to stop. Going in made it worse sometimes. I would go in and tell him it's still nap time and he needs to be quiet because Jack & Jill were still asleep. Sometimes he would quiet for 30 min, sometimes more/less. When he was sick he slept horribly and it made nap time horrible. Since he left I've been able to get everyone down for nap until this week! Not sure what changed but naps have been horrible this week!!
Oss_cc 02:24 PM 02-13-2014
Ugh. Today is my one day a week with 5 yo non napper DCG and her 2.5 yo younger sister. My 4 yo DD rarely takes naps, I decide on a day by day basis if she needs one. Of course with DCG here, no way will she nap. I let them play quietly (color, leappads etc) and they are usually pretty good, but today they decided to randomly be noisy and wake up all the other kids an hour early. Thanks, girls!
TwinKristi 05:42 PM 02-13-2014
Originally Posted by Oss_cc:
Ugh. Today is my one day a week with 5 yo non napper DCG and her 2.5 yo younger sister. My 4 yo DD rarely takes naps, I decide on a day by day basis if she needs one. Of course with DCG here, no way will she nap. I let them play quietly (color, leappads etc) and they are usually pretty good, but today they decided to randomly be noisy and wake up all the other kids an hour early. Thanks, girls!
That was my day yesterday... Two drop ins were woken up but the hustle and bustle of the SA kids coming home but the other 2 slept through it. I said they could quietly lay there but laying there turns into giggling and playing so I had to separate them and they still managed to wake up the other 2... Today it was my DS who was doing it and woke up DCB. Kids!!
Meyou 10:39 AM 02-14-2014
3 year old DCG I really, really want to give you your valentine's box and treats this afternoon. I want you to have fun and enjoy yourself. The fact you took off your pants and put them on as a hat at naptime indicates you don't feel the same way about this afternoon as I do.
childcaremom 08:18 AM 02-17-2014
Dear DCP#1, Thank you for telling me that you will be picking up one hour later today, and that you would let me know about Tuesday and Wednesday. Please read my memo to you that lets you know that you may make requests and I will then refuse them.

Dear DCP#2, Thank you for sending splash pants for your child when it is -19 (so bloody cold) instead of snow pants. It is winter and cold and yes, that means you will need to bring her snow pants or else pick her up.

Dear Monday, I am done with you.

A seriously annoyed dc provider
Wubby 06:14 PM 02-17-2014
I just found this forum. Wow a place to vent.
Dear DCM, When you call and say daughter 14mos. has a double ear infection and daughter 4 yrs has an ear infection, a bad cough (your words), a bright red throat, and let us not forget the pinkish red eye that could be a cold in her eye or an infection. And my response is "Call me tomorrow and we will see how their doing" Your response " What, I can't bring them, but I have a dentist appointment at 1" THAT'S RIGHT. Pull your head out of your butt.....
Thank rant over.
Sunshine74 08:22 PM 02-17-2014
OT, but I am sick again! I just got over bronchitis, now I have a cold. Hopefully it doesn't move back into my chest. I really need to build up my immunity somehow.
Luna 03:24 PM 02-18-2014
Tomorrow morning I'm going to text my 7:45 am drop off parents at 7:30 and tell them I'm running a bit late and I'll be ready sometime after 8. I'll text them when I'm ready. They are so loose with my schedule I'd love to mess with theirs for a change.
JoseyJo 05:16 PM 02-18-2014
Originally Posted by Luna:
Tomorrow morning I'm going to text my 7:45 am drop off parents at 7:30 and tell them I'm running a bit late and I'll be ready sometime after 8. I'll text them when I'm ready. They are so loose with my schedule I'd love to mess with theirs for a change.

MarinaVanessa 07:29 PM 02-18-2014
I can just picture it ... 7:30 am "I was having a delicious dream and overslept this morning so I'm running late. You were late picking up little Johnny last Tuesday so I figure it's a wash. Thanks for understanding. I'll be ready by 8:15 am"
3twinkles1 08:19 AM 02-19-2014
Ok so frustrated. I have a mom who keeps insisting her kids never get sick and they must be getting it from my house, let's see...one of her kids goes to preschool in a public school. She claims this child has never once gotten a stomach flu or thrown up in all 5 years of life. whatever. I find that hard to believe...if it is true great, but does this parent really expect that in 18 years of raising her kids that they are not going to ever get sick? She claims that well the kids have been in other daycares before with more kids and never got sick. ok whatever. I have disnifected my daycare so many times, and when the sick child that showed up last week got here, the second I realized the child was sick I sent them home. What does she expect me to do? geez. get a grip..kids get sick from time to time. and mom is sick too although it is with something entirely different then what went through my childcare center...in fact my entire family got sick too. This mom also expects that if she decides to take vacation or take a day off that she should not have to pay either. really? sweet family but mom needs to get a clue.
3twinkles1 08:54 AM 02-19-2014
you cant fix stupid lol. I had a parent once who insisted her child that I sent home with 102 fever puking, was "just fine" at home. She also insisted her kids were never sick anywhere but daycare or school. must be nice to only have healthy kids at home. grrrr.
jgcp 08:56 AM 02-20-2014
So i just have to say i hate living in a small town sometimes. You usually know most of your dc fams personaly and it makes confronting them hard!! I cant even bring myself to hang out with my friend anymore cause i cannot stand how inconsistant she is. I dont want my child around the dcg more than he has to be. (shes a horrible, spoiled rotten child) shes my only full time cause there is probably a childcare provider every 5 houses where i live it sucks!! Wish my dh actually took me serious about moving he thinks im just talking out of frustration? But on a good note i love this forum and its what gets me through my day/week sometimes!
Play Care 09:09 AM 02-20-2014
This week has been AWFUL!!! I only have 3 dck's and my own two kids. Hubby is also off (teacher) I had planned a low key, lots of free play, free art, etc kind of week. But the kids have been whining, arguing, disobeying, talking back - my kids included! My oldest has had to be spoken to several times for getting the dck's riled up. DH has been useless!! I don't expect him to do anything with dc, but it would be nice if he could PARENT while I'm WORKING!!
Of course he blames me for all of it - according to him I "allow" our kids to talk back, argue, etc. Apparently it hasn't occurred to him that I might be, I dunno, BUSY WORKING and am getting frustrated by the extra work I'm dealing with because they are all home.
On top of this one of my dcp's has decided that he's going to be dropping the child off ten minutes early each day - when I had given permission for inclement weather days only...
Sunshine74 11:05 AM 02-21-2014
I cannot wait until the SA kids go back to school.
melilley 11:10 AM 02-21-2014
Originally Posted by Play Care:
This week has been AWFUL!!! I only have 3 dck's and my own two kids. Hubby is also off (teacher) I had planned a low key, lots of free play, free art, etc kind of week. But the kids have been whining, arguing, disobeying, talking back - my kids included! My oldest has had to be spoken to several times for getting the dck's riled up. DH has been useless!! I don't expect him to do anything with dc, but it would be nice if he could PARENT while I'm WORKING!!
Of course he blames me for all of it - according to him I "allow" our kids to talk back, argue, etc. Apparently it hasn't occurred to him that I might be, I dunno, BUSY WORKING and am getting frustrated by the extra work I'm dealing with because they are all home.
On top of this one of my dcp's has decided that he's going to be dropping the child off ten minutes early each day - when I had given permission for inclement weather days only...
I feel like this a lot. Dh works an early shift and is home between 1:30 and 3 and sometimes it would be great if he would just take our 1 yo out of the mix for a while. Sometimes he makes more of a mess than they do. Don't you understand that everything you leave out, the kids are going to get!?
And my 11 yo dd whom I love dearly, has had so many days off because of weather and she also riles them up sometimes and always questions why I told the kids this or that and that I'm not being fair and so on and so on. Sometimes I think it's nice to have some "help", but most times it's just more of a pain and is annoying.
melilley 11:13 AM 02-21-2014
Dear dcb,

Thank you for climbing on the couch and sliding face first down the pillows and length of the couch, leaving a nice big snot trail. And thank you for constantly putting your fingers in your mouth and leaving spit trails all over the furniture and toys. And lastly, please thank your mom for having you come to my home Mon. and today with a non-stop runny nose while she and your brother are having a snow day at home having fun together and while me and the rest of the dck's are getting your cold. I love it!

Thank You
CraftyMom 11:13 AM 02-21-2014
So happy Friday is finally here! Enough said!
TwinKristi 03:20 PM 02-21-2014
Looks like I'm "teething" like the 17 month old DCG I have. I have managed to not get sick in 2+ yrs and of course I do now! I felt dizzy, sick, sore, headache, throat hurt, etc. Thank GOD my drop-ins on Wednesday cancelled because I was pretty dang sick that day and dh stayed home to help me. My oldest son is sick as well, possibly mono, and we've had 3 trips to the dr/ER/lab this week! I'm glad it's Friday!!!
melilley 03:23 PM 02-21-2014
Originally Posted by CraftyMom:
So happy Friday is finally here! Enough said!

drseuss 10:12 AM 02-25-2014
I'm running out of energy here! I have two babies right now, and they both happen to be very (VERY) high maintenance. This has changed our whole routine for the day, because of course the squeaky wheel gets the grease. My older kids have less planned activities and projects and things that they are taking home lately, and I am sure my parents have noticed. Wish I could tell them that as soon as these two babies stop screeching all day long things will change. UGH.
Naptime yet? 10:11 AM 02-26-2014
I don't know what I did to you, Karma, but thanks for nothing.

My dcks have been great, no major issues. Then I get a drop-in infant who screams because apparently sleep is overrated for this 6 month old.

And the catch-22 is the drop-in status. Not here enough for routine to set in, but here long enough to make the day feel like it will never end.

Ahhhhh....Just go to sleep, baby, we'll all feel better!
Oss_cc 01:04 PM 02-26-2014
That was my day yesterday... Two drop ins were woken up but the hustle and bustle of the SA kids coming home but the other 2 slept through it. I said they could quietly lay there but laying there turns into giggling and playing so I had to separate them and they still managed to wake up the other 2... Today it was my DS who was doing it and woke up DCB. Kids!!
Seriously! Lol little stinkers
Blackcat31 01:06 PM 02-26-2014
Originally Posted by Naptime yet?:

My dcks have been great, no major issues. Then I get a drop-in infant who screams because apparently sleep is overrated for this 6 month old.

And the catch-22 is the drop-in status. Not here enough for routine to set in, but here long enough to make the day feel like it will never end.

There are ONLY two solutions to drop ins.

Either do not take them. Ever.

or

Charge a HUGE drop in rate so that the troublesome behavior that comes with drop ins makes it worth while.
Oss_cc 01:31 PM 02-26-2014

Ugh, my 8 mo FT DCG is a non sleeping screamer every Monday and into Tuesday. By Wednesday, she remembers the routine and starts to get that I'm not going to hold her ALL day, especially at nap, but I love starting over every week!

Gotta love high maintenance "held" babies!
TwinKristi 04:08 PM 02-26-2014
Ohhhhh man... Just had another explosive diaper from DCB. He had some delays and stuffing issues with food and doesn't chew well but has a very big mouth (like a high pallet) so he just swallows his food down. Well he's had these pooping out of his diaper issue for a long time but we switched diapers which limited it to maybe once a week now. Well the last 3wks it's been weekly and twice it's been whole blueberries overflowing out the back of his diaper. Today he even picked one up and tried to EAT it!! I almost threw up! Luckily on a couple occasions dh has been here or one of my teens so I was able to separate and clean him up. Luckily I currently only have him, 4 SA boys and my DS in the afternoons when this usually happens so it's not like I have 7 other littles here to handle as well. I told mom and Nana they need to either cut up the blueberries in quarters or mash them up in yogurt or oatmeal rather then sticking him in his highchair with a bowl of blueberries and doing whatever they're doing. Today it got on my floor and couch before I caught him out of the corner of my eye. In the past it's been on the back deck. I'm getting a new couch in a couple weeks and I'm scared!! :-(
MotherNature 05:02 AM 02-27-2014
I'll start with yesterday- DCM texts Tues. to make sure I'm open Weds. I had to go to the ER for an ultrasound. I'm pregnant & started bleeding for apparently no reason. My husband took the day off Tues & Weds to help. I let her know I'll be open,but I'm basically just resting for the week.They show up yesterday. DCD forgot her bag. They live half an hr away. I tell him not to worry about it; we'll be fine. They bring her lunch and organic milk. She's also potty training, so she runs around in a top and undies, but I put a diaper on her at nap. She can just use one of ours today. So, dad shows back up at 330 w/ the bag and milk. She has a meltdown-she never does this. yay. Don't know why he needed to bring that back. He asks me if he can drop off early Thurs. They are contracted at 9. He asks for 7!!! b/c he has a meeting at 715. I tell him yes. Technically my hours are 7-7, but my earliest kid gets here at 820. No, I don't mention an early charge or anything. They don't usually ask for special and they're leaving in April, so I'm just letting crap go. So I get up early, wake my son up, and head downstairs. He doesn't show up til 720! I'm a bit irritated. I could've slept an extra half hour..Keep in mind I'm on doctor mandated rest right now too, and they know it! Then I go to take her pants off (and she's wet through them) so she can use the potty easier-no undies, just a diaper...She's not wearing a long shirt or dress, so now everyone can see her parts. It's just my son & a baby though, so it's ok, but annoying when it's in my handbook. She can't pull her pants up and down, so I have to help her, which is why I asked her to be put in either undies or a long dress/shirt to cover her. Annoying.
Thegrayghost1966 11:51 AM 02-27-2014
DCM is picking her child up early today (he is 18 mos) but, he is refusing to nap. She is taking him with her to the doctor. UGH! Oh wait, 40 minutes before she is to get here, he sleeps and I have to wake him for snack. Double UGH!
Thegrayghost1966 12:06 PM 02-27-2014
Oh my, i have a mouth stuffer too. Sadly, he poops twice at my house every day and they are nasty!!!! Many explosions too. He's a whopping 31 pounds for an 18 month old and a big eater! Today, I thought he had pooped and accidentally put my fingers in it! Blech!
Patches 04:31 PM 02-27-2014
Sister-in-law and Best Buy

That is all
preschoolteacher 06:58 PM 02-27-2014
I had an almost 3 year old dropped off by dad at 8:30 AM in her unchanged overnight diaper. I didn't find out until 9:30 AM when I did diaper checks. Jeez. I have heard of parents not changing their kids in the morning, but really ... I was shocked. The diaper was huge with pee. Poor kid. I'll be checking her at drop offs now.
LannieJ 09:22 PM 02-28-2014
Hi everyone!! I'm new to the message boards. I've read a lot of the stories and can totally relate! I think I will be visiting this page ALOT to vent with my peers.

Anyhoo, my vent is about one of my dcms. I am paid weekly on Fridays for the next week's care. This particular mom always has an excuse as to why she can't pay on Friday....I forgot (but you've been doing this for 3 yrs), I ran out of checks (but the check you gave me is the next consecutive number from the last one), I left the check on the counter at home (but when you gave me the check on Monday, it had Monday's date on it). I wonder how she'd feel if her employer "forgot" to pay her! I always tell my hubby that I'm going to enforce my late payment fee, but I don't.

Thanks for listening!!
Josiegirl 05:37 AM 03-01-2014
Oh I hate Best Buy too! I've boycotted them and Sears.
Play Care 06:10 AM 03-01-2014
I've complained to DH for years about the accountant we've used for our taxes. I feel that he doesn't fully take the dc deductions, or doesn't completely understand them. This year he called US to ask if three is a standard meal deduction for day care I asked DH if we got a discount for doing his job for him???!!
Finally DH has seen the light, but goodness!!
CraftyMom 06:44 PM 03-01-2014
Do parents EVER read ANYTHING I give them??!! Seriously! I take the time to type and print out memos and then no one knows what I'm talking about when I bring it up later on. And my handbook...I swear no one has ever read it!!!
Play Care 05:34 AM 03-02-2014
Do parents EVER read ANYTHING I give them??!! Seriously! I take the time to type and print out memos and then no one knows what I'm talking about when I bring it up later on. And my handbook...I swear no one has ever read it!!!
I feel your pain. I've come to the conclusion that no one hears anything I say or reads anything I sent out. And of course it's always my fault when I have to say "no" because of it
kathiemarie 08:12 AM 03-03-2014
I think people have been taught to ask for things they want.... even if it is spelled out for them. I hear all the time "Hey, it never hurts to ask!" I just say "nope, I'm not doing that, please refer to our contract/handbook if you have any questions." With a big smile and then move on!
Oss_cc 01:38 PM 03-03-2014
Ugh, Mondays are the worst. Every single Monday, 8 month old DCG comes in completely refusing to nap without a total meltdown. I'm sure that she is held all weekend and not kept on a nap schedule. So every Monday, she screams bloody murder the second she sees that she's going in the PNP, and continues to scream for 20-30 minutes. Loudly. I sing to her and rub her belly, but it still takes awhile to settle her down. This drags into Tuesday and sometimes Wednesday. By weds/thurs, she gets it and goes to sleep no problem. Then the weekend comes and we start all over again Monday.
My DD was super high needs, but this DCG takes it to the next level!
Sunshine74 09:27 AM 03-04-2014
Today feels like a full moon, a party day, and the day a holiday all rolled into one. And it is none of those. The kids are wound up, miserable, and no one ate a good lunch today.

And a little OT, but I watched my friend's two kids over the weekend for a few hours, and she just messaged me that she and her oldest were just diagnosed with strep. Sigh, I catch everything.
jgcp 01:42 PM 03-04-2014
Originally Posted by Sunshine74:
Today feels like a full moon, a party day, and the day a holiday all rolled into one. And it is none of those. The kids are wound up, miserable, and no one ate a good lunch today.
Ya what's up with today everyone in my home is acting crazy!!! Couldn't read had 2 kids screaming in my face just because and no one ate well ugggg feels like a Monday! Hurry Friday get here soon
bloominggenius 09:23 PM 03-04-2014
I hate the new regs in Iowa that say kids with headlice should not be sent home. My 6 yr old got lice from a classmate at school and they aren't sending the kid home. Meanwhile I rushed to get mine and spent $100 and 12 hours treating, cleaning, scrubbing, disinfecting and swearing.
My daughter is now clear and I am afraid to send her back to school. If she gets them again I will scream!
Get real Iowa. Lice are not a "lifestyle choice". I don't choose for my child to get them. I don't want them spreading to my daycare, and loosing me clients. I don't want my head to itch every time I hear the word.
I don't care about the regs. I am sending any child with lice home and I will not allow them back until they are 100% clear. My lifestyle choice is to have a clean safe daycare period.
And homeschooling is looking very appealing......
bloominggenius 09:27 PM 03-04-2014
Originally Posted by Patches:
Would've been nice to sleep in! I was up and ready by 6:30 this morning and my 6:30 drop off didn't show up. My next one didn't show up until 7:20. So, had I known my early one wasn't coming, I could've slept in another 45 minutes
I know where you are coming from. I have a mom who keeps showing up an hour early laughing about how her little pumpkin woke up early so they decided to just get a move on.
I want to tell her to get a move on right to another daycare. I wonder how she would feel if she got teleported to work an hour early still in her PJ's and then didn't even get paid for the overtime?
These dcp's make me crack-head crazy some days
Blackcat31 08:11 AM 03-05-2014
Originally Posted by bloominggenius:
I know where you are coming from. I have a mom who keeps showing up an hour early laughing about how her little pumpkin woke up early so they decided to just get a move on.
I want to tell her to get a move on right to another daycare. I wonder how she would feel if she got teleported to work an hour early still in her PJ's and then didn't even get paid for the overtime?
These dcp's make me crack-head crazy some days
Do you accept her into care an hour earlier than planned?

Do you charge additional fees for that additional care?

I require parents to stay within the hours they contracted for and don't allow care outside of the time they scheduled without advance notice and additional payment.
daycarediva 09:51 AM 03-05-2014
I hate the new regs in Iowa that say kids with headlice should not be sent home. My 6 yr old got lice from a classmate at school and they aren't sending the kid home. Meanwhile I rushed to get mine and spent $100 and 12 hours treating, cleaning, scrubbing, disinfecting and swearing.
My daughter is now clear and I am afraid to send her back to school. If she gets them again I will scream!
Get real Iowa. Lice are not a "lifestyle choice". I don't choose for my child to get them. I don't want them spreading to my daycare, and loosing me clients. I don't want my head to itch every time I hear the word.
I don't care about the regs. I am sending any child with lice home and I will not allow them back until they are 100% clear. My lifestyle choice is to have a clean safe daycare period.
Tea tree essential oil, just a few drops, in her head while shampooing. It will help prevent a reinfestation.

I am a nit free daycare. Nits=go home.
Naptime yet? 09:58 AM 03-05-2014
My SAer was asking my DD4 yesterday if she's been to the dr's lately to "have her head checked". I thought she meant a psych eval She then proceeded to tell me how lice are going around her school & she doesn't want to get them from my DD. I told her that it would be the opposite & if she thinks she has lice, I need to know, especially since her sibling is here all day to potentially spread the love.
TaylorTots 12:55 PM 03-05-2014
I never thought about adding in a clause in my illness policy stating if your child has lice, they will not be provided care until it is clear.

Whether my state thinks it is a disease or not, it is very contagious and there is NO WAY I am dealing with that.

*Goes to make an addendum to contracts*
Shell 10:30 AM 03-10-2014
Dear dcm,
It was so wonderful seeing you parked in front of my house, 15 minutes early this morning. You must have been in such a rush as you brought dcg (2) in with her breakfast (that needed jam spread on it) with no drink, saying she didn't have time to eat this morning, she got dirt from her boots all over her nap sheet while in the car, and that dcg didn't go to bed until 9:30 last night Oh, and thanks for that sympathetic, "I wish I could stay here all day and play" comment, because obviously all I do all day long is play and chase rainbows all day long.
Here's an idea: You live 5 minutes away. Why don't you let your child sleep in a little, eat breakfast at home, and spend quality time with your over tired child?! Too much to ask?
TaylorTots 01:10 PM 03-11-2014
I am so ready for this day to be over.

5pm dcm/dcd picking up dcg 4yr -- term notice
6pm interview for summer school age care
7:30pm signing contracts for new enrollment

I like my 7-5pm days. This makes for a long and anxiety riddled day
melilley 05:05 AM 03-12-2014
Day 14 of school closing due to snow and day 12 of dcb being here on a snow day (one of which I didn't allow him to come and told mom no because he was sick) while his preschool teacher mom is at home sitting at home with dcb's brother because her school is closed. They are even saying to stay off the roads if possible! Dumb, dumb, dumb yo bring your child out if you don't have to!
I know I shouldn't complain, but I had to get it out. I couldn't imagine doing that to my kids. I guess there are all kinds!
KidGrind 07:30 AM 03-12-2014
I am closed today. I had an appointment and couldn’t find my keys.

I am just so very angry.
Blackcat31 07:35 AM 03-12-2014
Originally Posted by KidGrind:

I am just so very angry.
hope your day gets better.
TaylorTots 08:44 AM 03-12-2014
Originally Posted by KidGrind:

I am just so very angry.

SilverSabre25 11:55 AM 03-12-2014
They said they'd pick him up at 2.

Now it's three and he's still here.

eta: I should have posted that an hour ago; he was picked up one minute later, lol
FCCarmyprovider 08:03 AM 03-13-2014
I would SO love to do that, but military FCC I'd get in trouble for that.
kitykids3 06:52 PM 03-17-2014
You naughty naughty assistant. You went on a crash green smoothie diet that ended up in the hospital for gallbladder. now since you go on a i dont know what kind of diet because you starve urself during your work days. Now in the hospital and you can't finish working out the 2 week notice you gave me because you werent taking care of yourself!!! ugh!!! you KNOW, KNOW that YoungStar is coming out anytime between today and the next four weeks. If they come out on a wed or thur when I will be over ratios, i will lose my 5 stars all the way down to 2 stars, just BECAUSE YOU WOULDNT TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!!! How selfish. I will be happy otherwise that you are gone cuz i wont be wondering every morning if you'll be on time or come in at all and that you won't be draining my ui tax fund due to your FRAUD anymore!!!!
TwinKristi 12:44 AM 03-18-2014
HA! what the #%£} was I thinking when I got a SAND BOX?!? OMG! Huge mistake. One DCB just sat there and dumped a couple scoopfuls on the ground! Argh!! it gets all over, on everyone... Sticks and gets into diapers!? I think I'm going to take it out and put it in my off-limits yard area for my DS or the occasions that we let DCKs play on the structure. I really don't know what I was thinking!! It was only $35 and I could sell the stuff for $25 if I wanted to. I'm considering that too! I've been saving to order a water table this summer with my Pampers points but worry that will be another mistake! it's hard doing fun stuff with so many littles, they're currently 18m, 22m, 2.3y and 2.5y.
daycarediva 03:42 AM 03-18-2014
HA! what the #%£} was I thinking when I got a SAND BOX?!? OMG! Huge mistake. One DCB just sat there and dumped a couple scoopfuls on the ground! Argh!! it gets all over, on everyone... Sticks and gets into diapers!? I think I'm going to take it out and put it in my off-limits yard area for my DS or the occasions that we let DCKs play on the structure. I really don't know what I was thinking!! It was only $35 and I could sell the stuff for $25 if I wanted to. I'm considering that too! I've been saving to order a water table this summer with my Pampers points but worry that will be another mistake! it's hard doing fun stuff with so many littles, they're currently 18m, 22m, 2.3y and 2.5y.
water tables are awesome! I would NEVER do sand again. I put them in suits and let them go at it with the water. Scoop, dump/pour, repeat. No worries about mess because it's just water!
AmyLeigh 10:48 AM 03-18-2014
DCG, why oh why can't you remember that your little friend cannot hear you? He is deaf, just as he was yesterday, and all last week too. Yelling louder when you are standing behind him is not going to help. Tap him on the shoulder and he will gladly go play with you!
jgcp 02:00 PM 03-18-2014
Whoa wait what just happen?? Dcm just decided for me that she got a credit from last week cause they ended going out of town... geez happened so fast i didn't correct it. now what do i do?? Uggggg
TwinKristi 02:04 PM 03-18-2014
I would call her and say Whoa Nellie... I'm not sure if you forgot how our contract works but tuition is NOT based on attendance but a spot that is reserved in my care for your child. If you choose not to come I'm still paid. If you're not a confrontational person then print out a copy of your contract highlighting that part and an invoice or note with what she owes.
Oss_cc 02:49 PM 03-18-2014
Originally Posted by jgcp:
Whoa wait what just happen?? Dcm just decided for me that she got a credit from last week cause they ended going out of town... geez happened so fast i didn't correct it. now what do i do?? Uggggg
I totally do NOT understand this line of thinking from parents. So you expect your provider to have an undependable income because of YOUR plans?

Like TK said, invoice her right away. Maybe at pick up? Good luck!
Oss_cc 02:57 PM 03-18-2014
Ugh, this baby is killing me! Everyday it's either take two fifteen minute naps and/or take one slightly longer nap and wake up SCREAMING the house down.
Maybe it's all the caffeine DCM drinks (breastfed)? We've had the same routine for six months, and her sleep is getting worse rather than better. I just cannot see how an 8 month old baby can sleep for 15-45 mins total in a ten hour period.
Maggie 11:00 AM 03-20-2014
Not dc related but still a vent....I've been stuck on candy crush level 76 for 3 days!!
KidGrind 11:01 AM 03-20-2014
Originally Posted by Maggie:
Not dc related but still a vent....I've been stuck on candy crush level 76 for 3 days!!
Oh my! You just brightened my day. My husband was just talking about Candy Crush addiction last night.
NeedaVaca 11:52 AM 03-20-2014
Originally Posted by Maggie:
I've been stuck on level 425 for a week now!! grrrrr
Maggie 11:57 AM 03-20-2014
Pretty sure this kindle will be thrown or stomped on before I get to level 425. I've got lots of patience with kids but not this game!
Patches 03:24 PM 03-20-2014
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca:
I've been stuck on level 425 for a week now!! grrrrr
I'm stuck on 425, too!
MotherNature 07:13 AM 03-21-2014
Looking at, talking to, touching the 23 m dcg causes her to whine and cry. She's become annoying and super sensitive. Only 9 more days....
jgcp 09:47 AM 03-21-2014
Why have more and more parents let their child have the run of the house?? My sister was here this weekend and she refuses to tell her dd no and yelled at me when i said"just tell her no" well then don't complain to me how tired you are and how hard it is. cause it can be real simple!
craftymissbeth 01:07 PM 03-21-2014
Annnnnd didn't get payment from two of my families. Guess I just made an easy $50!!
TwinKristi 01:15 PM 03-21-2014
Originally Posted by craftymissbeth:
Annnnnd didn't get payment from two of my families. Guess I just made an easy $50!!
So wrong!! Sheesh! I had one family out this week on Spring Break and Monday, plus they live 45 mins away so I don't mind waiting til Tues. But we talked about it ya know? Not just "see ya!" And nothing.
craftymissbeth 01:34 PM 03-21-2014
So wrong!! Sheesh! I had one family out this week on Spring Break and Monday, plus they live 45 mins away so I don't mind waiting til Tues. But we talked about it ya know? Not just "see ya!" And nothing.
One dcm sent DCD to pick up (who I've never met before today) and when I asked about payment he said "oh, dcm didn't mention it so I guess we'll just pay tomorrow or Monday." My response was "awesome! Im not available to take payments on weekends so just remember to add $25 when you bring it Monday morning"

The other is my sister and they decided to go out of town at the last minute. While I didn't have either of my nephew yesterday or today I also just told her last week that if she "forgets" to pay on Fridays then it's $25 extra Monday morning. It's her responsibility to post date a check or have someone else drop it off. Not only that but I've been excluding her 4 month old for the last week and a half because she can't take the time to go pick up a copy of his immunization record.

Humans can be so stupid
childcaremom 09:45 AM 03-23-2014
I had a dcm bring her sick child in on Tuesday. She was obviously sick and physically sick within 30 mins of bringing her. Called for pick up and mom got her right away.

The kicker: mom was off. Did not have to work.

Who on earth brings their sick child to daycare?

Now, of course, I am sick.

Thank you, dcm. You rock my world.
LoraJenkins 08:22 AM 03-24-2014
I just have to vent. 2.5 year old DCB is STILL on pureed veggies & fruits at home. Everyday I put regular veggies & fruits on his plate at lunch & snacks and everyday he refuses to eat them & cries. He does not have a "texture sensitivity" as his parents claim because he will eat rice, chicken nuggets, pizza, almonds, etc with no problem. I am beyond frustrated. And I feel so bad for DCB.
hwichlaz 09:25 PM 03-24-2014
I had a child wake up from nap with nasty green mucus running out of her eyes.

Sent her home, SCRUBBED EVERYTHING, and used saline to wash out my eyes and my family's eyes, then got permission to do everyone else's/

Crossing fingers.....
TwinKristi 11:46 AM 03-25-2014
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
I had a child wake up from nap with nasty green mucus running out of her eyes.

Sent her home, SCRUBBED EVERYTHING, and used saline to wash out my eyes and my family's eyes, then got permission to do everyone else's/

Crossing fingers.....
Yucky!! I had a DCB who had pink eye and I sent him home and did the same! No one else got it! Whew!!
Second Home 12:39 PM 03-25-2014
Thank you dcg 5yrs old for squatting in the play room and pooping in your pants not 5 minutes after going potty when you were done your snack .

Oh and thank you dcm for giving your dcg some medicine before coming to daycare then calling to see if she was feeling sick or had a fever.

Laurel 02:20 PM 03-25-2014
Sand boxes/tables bad Water tables good

Laurel
craftymissbeth 10:52 AM 03-26-2014
Ya know, there's a reason there's an extreme shortage of infant spaces in my area and it's NOT because of ratios... my last three infants have been total nightmares! Parents refuse to raise their babies with the group in mind... if you want your baby to be raised in a way that is not conducive to group care that's totally cool... but you're going to need to either hire a nanny or quit your job and stay home.

Don't expect your provider to be cool with listening to your baby scream for 10-12 hours each day simply because your pop a bottle in their mouth every time they cry, or they are rocked to sleep, or are carried all day long, etc.

Whew. I'm so over infants... scratch that... I'm so over parents.
FCCarmyprovider 11:13 AM 03-26-2014
Im so over parents who let their kids run the house.
MotherNature 11:32 AM 03-26-2014
Boo-my awesome family is leaving at the end of next month. My other family is also leaving. The first is dropping an income as dad is launching his own business, and the 2nd is going on a long maternity leave. I'm a little scared. I did have response to my listing on here, and the family/hours seem great, so hopefully well get together next week so I can get someone in here.
Oss_cc 01:19 PM 03-26-2014
Originally Posted by craftymissbeth:
Ya know, there's a reason there's an extreme shortage of infant spaces in my area and it's NOT because of ratios... my last three infants have been total nightmares! Parents refuse to raise their babies with the group in mind... if you want your baby to be raised in a way that is not conducive to group care that's totally cool... but you're going to need to either hire a nanny or quit your job and stay home.

Don't expect your provider to be cool with listening to your baby scream for 10-12 hours each day simply because your pop a bottle in their mouth every time they cry, or they are rocked to sleep, or are carried all day long, etc.

Whew. I'm so over infants... scratch that... I'm so over parents.
Seriously! Is it a new infant for you?

I've found out that the infant I watch pretty much only naps here. Weekends and days off, she only naps for 10-15 mins while DCM nurses her and then holds her until she wakes up OR takes her on a short drive. Really? No wonder Mondays and Tuesdays are always a nightmare.
TwinKristi 01:27 PM 03-26-2014
Originally Posted by Oss_cc:
Seriously! Is it a new infant for you?

I've found out that the infant I watch pretty much only naps here. Weekends and days off, she only naps for 10-15 mins while DCM nurses her and then holds her until she wakes up OR takes her on a short drive. Really? No wonder Mondays and Tuesdays are always a nightmare.
I always had a hard time getting a previous DCB down on Monday and Thurs, he didn't come Wed but mom worked and took him to her mom, step-mom, sister, neighbor... why?? LOL anyway, Mondays are always hard.
Oss_cc 01:31 PM 03-26-2014
I always had a hard time getting a previous DCB down on Monday and Thurs, he didn't come Wed but mom worked and took him to her mom, step-mom, sister, neighbor... why?? LOL anyway, Mondays are always hard.
Yes they are! I've decided I'm not doing infant care anymore after this one! Lol. She's a sweet baby, but man. So much work. And extra time!
TwinKristi 01:38 PM 03-26-2014
I actually prefer infants honestly. I would rather have 3 babies and that's it to 8 of varying ages. I have 2 of my own (that count) plus a SA boy til June but it would be so nice to have 3 infants, 2 toddlers and a school ager!
Naptime yet? 03:46 PM 03-26-2014
I actually prefer infants honestly. I would rather have 3 babies and that's it to 8 of varying ages. I have 2 of my own (that count) plus a SA boy til June but it would be so nice to have 3 infants, 2 toddlers and a school ager!
God bless you. I've decided I only like infants if I can give them back after 2 minutes.
Oss_cc 04:16 PM 03-26-2014
God bless you. I've decided I only like infants if I can give them back after 2 minutes.

Agreed! Unless they're my own.
Tags:social media, vent
First ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24  ... Last
Reply Up