Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Accepting Sick Children Into Care?
pootmcgoot 02:22 PM 06-21-2012
Do you accept sick children into care? Do you charge a higher weekly rate? Have an extra charge per day the child is sick? Do you quarantine the child in another room? What are your policies for parents who can't miss work or they will lose their jobs?

Thanks
Michael 02:25 PM 06-21-2012
Most here have a sick policy that requires sending the child home. Here are some samples: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=sick+policy
Breezy 02:55 PM 06-21-2012
I have a well child daycare and kids get sent home if they are sick. That means fever, diarrhea, vomiting, etc. Even if they are just miserable and cant participate in care (lying on the floor crying constantly, etc).

It is not my problem if the parents can't take time off work it is not my job to care for a child that needs mom or dad to get better. I also will not subject my family or the other childreb in my care to their illness. I have children with compromised immune systems, etc and I don't want to put them at risk.

Mil-Mil families are required to have a family care plan for how things will be taken care of in the event the child is sick at least here in the Air Force. If its a civilian-military family the civilian is almost always expected to take time from work for a sick child.
Provider_Manda 04:22 PM 06-21-2012
I do not allow sick kids, if there is fever, throwing up, diarrahea etc. They have to be symptom free for 24 hours. And if they get sick while in care, parent/parents get called.
littlemissmuffet 08:55 AM 06-22-2012
No sick kids allowed! No exceptions!!!
Sugar Magnolia 09:35 AM 06-22-2012
In my state, we would be in violation of regs if we had a visibly ill child in care. If they become ill while here, quarantine only until they can be picked up. Our local hospital has a sick child daycare service. It costs big bucks, so no parent will get fired.
Hunni Bee 10:24 AM 06-22-2012
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia;:
Our local hospital has a sick child daycare service. It costs big bucks, so no parent will get fired.
Thats really interesting. I've never heard of that. There's a daycare near me run by a nurse that caters to sick children, though.
cheerfuldom 10:41 AM 06-22-2012
I do not take sick children, above the normal occasional runny nose and that type of thing. I would never allow sick children here because I have three of my own kids to protect, I am pregnant, and I have a fragile special needs girl in my care.
Tags:sick kids, sick policy
Reply Up