Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How are you feeling?
SunshineMama 12:33 PM 11-28-2012
Pregnant providers: How do you answer this question when parents ask?

I always say I am feeling good- I can't imagine that a parent would want to hear how I am actually feeling (Which is huge, tired, and irritated).

Or even if you were sick, but opened the daycare after taking a sick day because you had to, and you still feel like crud.

How many of you actually fess up to feeling bad when a parent asks you?

I am curious what others say
bunnyslippers 12:52 PM 11-28-2012
I am honest within reason. I am going through chemo...actually sitting in the hospital right now. I let them know if I am less than 10
0%...if they ask. I am pretty upbeat anyway, so e en if I feel lousy I tough it out.
SunshineMama 01:06 PM 11-28-2012
Originally Posted by bunnyslippers:
I am honest within reason. I am going through chemo...actually sitting in the hospital right now. I let them know if I am less than 10
0%...if they ask. I am pretty upbeat anyway, so e en if I feel lousy I tough it out.
I cant imagine how it must be to do daycare and chemo. My thoughts are going out to you, you must be one tough cookie!
cheerfuldom 04:00 PM 11-28-2012
I am honest with you all but certainly not with the DC parents, as far as how I feel during my pregnancy. I dont even give details to moms that have been here for years. I try to remain professional which means vague, upbeat, not too much personal information. Even the most concerned parent does not want to know that you have been puking all morning and can barely stand upright long enough to answer the door LOL I put on my friendly daycare provider face and suck it up and make sure the parents and kids dont notice that anything is different. Even if we end up with an occasional lazy day so I can sit down....I dont tell the kids its because Ms. X doesnt feel good
Sugar Magnolia 07:58 PM 11-28-2012
Originally Posted by bunnyslippers:
((((hugs))))
JustMe 07:58 PM 11-28-2012
I am pregnant, and when they ask I say something like "pretty good," or "a little tired," etc.

I don't say what I am really feeling, which is more along the lines of "annoyed, huge, uncomfortable, exhausted, and taken advantage of. By the way I hope you enjoyed your nap after you got out of work because you know I am too chicken to call you out on keeping your non-stop crying child here for 3 extra hours. I enjoyed the 11 hour day."

Sorry, I am bitter in my pregnant state.
Reply Up