Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Changing from 2012 to 2013 for record-keeping
Abigail 06:32 PM 12-22-2012
This is my first year in business. I opened the first week of January in 2012 and have records for everything. I just entered meals for the food program online and I use my menu and weekly attendance sheet to do this. What I'm wondering is if I should have next week and the Monday the 31st as my last "weekly" sign-in instead of M-F because the next Monday ends the year. Any benefits to doing it this way? I was thinking record keeping wise perhaps?

I guess I use attendance M-F to keep printing paper to a minimum, but it would be nice to have everything in 2012 in the same place and not missing a day. Should I print my attendance sheet for next week with the final 6 days then? I'm closed Mon and Tues so I'll have room to make it work.

I also was lucky enough to have a receipt book for 2012 that I'm coming down to the last few pages so now I know for next year i'll need a bigger one that my daycare is full as I write weekly receipts for parents. Happy I did that!

Anything else I should be prepared for as the year ends?
Tags:attendance, record keeping, taxes, year end
Reply Up