Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Clean Up Time....Taking So Long!
thecrazyisout 11:00 AM 08-16-2011
So, I have tried everything and my 2 boys can not focus on cleaning...they have realized that cleanup is before lunch..which is before quiet/nap time...so, they have linked taking a long time to clean up=takes longer to get to nap time....I CAN NOT wait for school to begin...they count down continues....Sept.6 here we come baby!
Meyou 11:26 AM 08-16-2011
Play a game of whatever is left on the floor when the timer goes off goes in my garbage bag and see how fast they get.
SilverSabre25 11:27 AM 08-16-2011
We clean up before going outside. Taking a long time to clean up = less time outside.

There have been a couple times where clean up took so long we didn't have time to go outside...those taught the kids that maybe cleaning up fast is a good idea. Now my 2 and 3 yos get even the biggest messes cleaned up in 15 minutes or less.

Our schedule is free play inside, outside, lunch, nap.
laundrymom 11:32 AM 08-16-2011
We clean before lunch, or we dont eat.
thecrazyisout 11:56 AM 08-16-2011
Yeah, the before lunch thing was working too for me because I have hungry boys.....I think I will do the clean up, outside time, lunch nap....reversing some things might be best!
LittleD 08:17 PM 08-16-2011
-My boys have to clean up before going out before lunch (30mins to an hour prior to lunch) That way there is less mess between the time we come in, wash our hands, and the time we eat.
-They also have to put the toys away before we eat.
- If I'm organized enough that day, they do a craft or play with playdoh before lunch is served. (no toys on the floor if they are sitting at the table)
-Make a competition out of it. Keep track of how many toys they each put away "Thats one for johnny, go Johnny" or "look, one two THREE for Bobby! Keep going guys!" My boys are ultra competitive, so I try to work it in favor of me whenever I can.
Tags:clean up
Reply Up