Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>18 Month Old Will Not Sleep
sahm2three 12:09 PM 09-26-2012
I have had him for a month now, and I am LUCKY to get him to sleep for a half hour. Then he screams the entire 2 hours more that everyone else is sleeping. I have tried EVERYTHING to get him to sleep, but nothing has helped. And he doesn't seem to understand that he has to be quiet. I don't have anywhere to put him far enough away from everyone else that I can just let him cry the whole time. I have such terrible sleepers as it is that I have everyone so spread out. I just don't know what to do. I asked mom what she thinks and she thought I could go lay down with him. I told her I have 6 kids here during nap, and I am sure each kiddo would love for me to come lie with them, but I can't. And I need a break in my 10+ hour day. So that won't work. She seemed kind of shocked. What do I do???
cheerfuldom 12:24 PM 09-26-2012
Originally Posted by sahm2three:
I have had him for a month now, and I am LUCKY to get him to sleep for a half hour. Then he screams the entire 2 hours more that everyone else is sleeping. I have tried EVERYTHING to get him to sleep, but nothing has helped. And he doesn't seem to understand that he has to be quiet. I don't have anywhere to put him far enough away from everyone else that I can just let him cry the whole time. I have such terrible sleepers as it is that I have everyone so spread out. I just don't know what to do. I asked mom what she thinks and she thought I could go lay down with him. I told her I have 6 kids here during nap, and I am sure each kiddo would love for me to come lie with them, but I can't. And I need a break in my 10+ hour day. So that won't work. She seemed kind of shocked. What do I do???
From the mom's response, she is probably co-sleeping at home with him now.

If you cannot rearrange kids to give him the room to CIO, then you will probably have to term.
sahm2three 01:55 PM 09-26-2012
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
From the mom's response, she is probably co-sleeping at home with him now.

If you cannot rearrange kids to give him the room to CIO, then you will probably have to term.
I am going to have to give this some thought. So so tired of nap time issues on top of everything else.
cheerfuldom 03:33 PM 09-26-2012
Do you know for sure what they are doing with him at home? Most of the time, it doesnt matter what they are doing at home because kids can adjust at daycare. But in this case, you need to know so you can try and come up with a game plan for the future. I had one mom that was co-sleeping and nursing to sleep a 1 year old and then was confused when he wouldnt sleep for me. Then she was strolling him in this house for up to an hour at a time and wanted me to do that here to get him to sleep. Needless to say, this little one never adjusted to care and after a few months, I had to let him go. He never did give up when I tried CIO with him and mom wasnt interested in changing anything at home. I dont know what she did when she left here....
Reply Up