Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Silly Mommy!!!
AnythingsPossible 07:25 AM 05-03-2011
Gotta love first experiences with parents. DCM at drop off today..."We started potty training yesterday! She did so well, we are just in panties today!" Wow, one day and she's got it down. swell. I told her I am open to letting her wear panties, but after one accident, she will be wearing a pull up over her panties. Can't have pee puddles all over the house! Here's hoping for the best!!
Mike Lassiter 08:02 AM 05-03-2011
must be her first child too, otherwise she would know better than expect so much from one day's efforts. Maybe she is an optimists
MyAngels 08:06 AM 05-03-2011
Originally Posted by AnythingsPossible:
Gotta love first experiences with parents. DCM at drop off today..."We started potty training yesterday! She did so well, we are just in panties today!" Wow, one day and she's got it down. swell. I told her I am open to letting her wear panties, but after one accident, she will be wearing a pull up over her panties. Can't have pee puddles all over the house! Here's hoping for the best!!
I kind of laugh when I think back on this, but I actually did potty train my oldest child in one day, right after his second birthday. Back then I did everything "by the book" - literally, I bought a book for anything I didn't know how to do . I found a book called "Toilet Training in Less than a Day," which is still available BTW. We had a whole day of nothing but potty training, one-on-one. He never had one accident after that day. Looking back, I realize it probably had more to do with him being ready than that book .
AmandasFCC 08:25 AM 05-03-2011
My mom used that book on me lol I bought it for use with my dd but haven't read it yet. I had her potty trained in one LAST summer and now she's totally fallen off and will not get back on Talk about frustrating!!! The girl is amazingly intelligent but continues to tell me she's dry when her pull up is clearly sagging. Thankfully she still tells me when she needs to poop on the toilet though lol.

I had a mom do this to me yesterday too. Dcb doesn't tell you he needs to pee or poop, and yet she shows up, says "He was dry all weekend so he's in underwear. If you want to put him in a pull up i'm ok with it, but at home we're done with them."

I'm like ... ok ... we'll give it a shot, but I was concerned about the poop situation. Kid has poopy days where he'll have teeny tiny turds 5x per day. Ii'm not interested in dealing with that in underwear! He ended up peeing on the floor 15 mins after arriving. Back in a pull up he went!
cheerfuldom 08:34 AM 05-03-2011
yeah i had a mom try this with me and needless to say, kiddo was having success maybe twice a day if that. the rest was accidents and back into pullups she went. I had one mom want to potty train her 18 month old but this kid wasn't even walking yet! She couldn't even stand independently and there ended up being medical issues with her. She's almost 2 and finally walking but I will not be potty training here anytime soon.
Michelle 08:43 AM 05-03-2011
I am potty training 3 two year olds right now and I thank God I have wood floors but I feel for you guys that have carpet!
wdmmom 09:06 AM 05-03-2011
I ask if the put the child to bed with a diaper on. That's usually an obvious answer. Oh, well than lil miss Suzie Q needs to wear a diaper here too. We don't allow panties until the child hasn't had an accident for 4-6 weeks! I have new carpet!

My thought process is something like this:

Would you rather save 40 cents on a diaper or spend over $200 to professionally clean my new carpet???
Lilbutterflie 09:25 AM 05-03-2011
Anythings Possible: any update? How's she doing?
AnythingsPossible 09:36 AM 05-03-2011
We have had one accident so far
She is the first child of the family, and I totally get not wanting to use pull ups, I'm not a big fan myself, but these aren't even training pants, just simple little panties!
I don't doubt that she did well at home with constant direction from mom and no friends activities to distract her!
So, we did put a pull up, over her panties so that if she does have an accident, she will know, but my carpet will not suffer! She is a bright little thing, and has told me she needs to go, just missed it earlier. Hopefully it goes well! Never heard of the potty train in a day book, may have to check that one out!
MG&Lsmom 10:02 AM 05-03-2011
See I wish my DCM would show up and say DCB is in underwear! He's totally ready and if I take him to the potty every 30-40 mins he goes for me. But at home they are just not working on it. He doesn't tell you yet, but I think that's part of the process. I nakey bottom trained my kids. Pullups are just expensive diapers imo. I have old, needing to be replaced carpets, so as soon as preK is out in 3 weeks I'll have DCB and my own DS in underwear and long teeshirts until we're done! DCB is ready, DS will be my challenge.
jojosmommy 10:50 AM 05-03-2011
Originally Posted by MG&Lsmom:
See I wish my DCM would show up and say DCB is in underwear! He's totally ready and if I take him to the potty every 30-40 mins he goes for me. But at home they are just not working on it. He doesn't tell you yet, but I think that's part of the process. I nakey bottom trained my kids. Pullups are just expensive diapers imo. I have old, needing to be replaced carpets, so as soon as preK is out in 3 weeks I'll have DCB and my own DS in underwear and long teeshirts until we're done! DCB is ready, DS will be my challenge.
LOL
daycare 10:59 AM 05-03-2011
I love how parents just want to force thier kids to potty train...

this morning I had a DCP come in and say our little one just pooped on the potty this weekend and we decided to put DCK in pull ups.... OMG you were so aright about them not being absorbant,,.. we had to go buy a new mattress for her bed because she had 3 major blow outs over the weekend while wearing the PU..............I couldnt help but laugh......
Childminder 11:01 AM 05-03-2011
In 40+ years of training children I had one that I walked into the bathroom on his second birthday, explained the entire potty thing to him and he NEVER pottied in his pants or wore a diaper again. One.

I have had a few that take a week or two to figure it out and some that I swear never will. I have never had success with kids in pullups and always have the parents start at home first then bring the child in unders with plastic pants after a couple of weeks of success at home. They will never train, imo, unless they feel how uncomfortable it is to peep/poop in their pants and not a stay dry diaper/pullups. Yeah it can be a little messy for a few days but the plastic pants make a difference in the puddles and cleanup.
Tags:potty training
Reply Up