Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Stopping by to visit?
Josiegirl 03:28 AM 04-04-2014
WWYD?
It's no biggy really but just curious how you all would reply. A former dcm and her dd want to stop by at 4:45 today, just to visit.
Chances are most, if not all, of my dcfs will be gone by then and it IS Friday. They pulled their kids when transportation became difficult for them. I can understand their reasons completely. I'm glad they pulled because their ds was difficult for me to handle. Their ds is taking dance and I know that's where he'll be, so they'll probably stay til 5:15 or so, then leave to pick him up.
Some of my current dcfs are friends/co workers to this dcm so if any of them happen to meet in passing I can picture everyone staying to chat. I liked the parents and this little girl but truthfully, I'm done.
So, given all of the circumstances, what would you say?
Thanks
Oh, and Happy Friday!!
NeedaVaca 03:58 AM 04-04-2014
Why don't you just tell her that it's so close to the end of the day you doubt there will be any kids left to visit with? You could even add that once all the kids are gone for the day you have plans for the evening to get ready for. If you want you could suggest meeting at a park at a later date instead (to soften the blow). I would probably leave it on her to make those arrangements too, maybe she won't follow through
KidGrind 04:19 AM 04-04-2014
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
WWYD?
It's no biggy really but just curious how you all would reply. A former dcm and her dd want to stop by at 4:45 today, just to visit.
Chances are most, if not all, of my dcfs will be gone by then and it IS Friday. They pulled their kids when transportation became difficult for them. I can understand their reasons completely. I'm glad they pulled because their ds was difficult for me to handle. Their ds is taking dance and I know that's where he'll be, so they'll probably stay til 5:15 or so, then leave to pick him up.
Some of my current dcfs are friends/co workers to this dcm so if any of them happen to meet in passing I can picture everyone staying to chat. I liked the parents and this little girl but truthfully, I'm done.
So, given all of the circumstances, what would you say?
Thanks
Oh, and Happy Friday!!
I would just reply:

That’s sweet of DD and you to think of me. It’s Friday the end of a long work week for me. I’ll be wrapping up with clients and looking forward to enjoying my weekend. It wouldn’t be a great time for a visit. I hope all is well with your family.
Naptime yet? 04:22 AM 04-04-2014
If you don't want them to visit, make something up ("I'm sorry, I have plans"). Or tell them you have somewhere to be at such & such a time, so unfortunately the visit would have to be brief. Or do like Vaca said and try to get together for a "play date" somewhere other than your house.

I think I would go for that option. If a former dck came to my house I think the provider in me would come out and I wouldn't enjoy the visit so much (unless the child & DCM were awesome).
morgan24 04:36 AM 04-04-2014
I always answer request like that with....I'm sorry but that won't work for me maybe some other time. That way your really not committing to anything.
taylorw1210 04:49 AM 04-04-2014
Originally Posted by KidGrind:
I would just reply:

That’s sweet of DD and you to think of me. It’s Friday the end of a long work week for me. I’ll be wrapping up with clients and looking forward to enjoying my weekend. It wouldn’t be a great time for a visit. I hope all is well with your family.
I like this but would probably add in, "I have Friday night plans with the family.."
DaisyMamma 06:04 AM 04-04-2014
tell them nicely not to come on a friday after work
Unregistered 06:09 AM 04-04-2014
Would it put you over in numbers?
Shell 06:20 AM 04-04-2014
I would just reply:

It's convenient for them, but too late for you. I think this sounds good
Childminder 07:38 AM 04-04-2014
Oh I'm sorry but Friday at closing time is just not good for me! Hope you and the children are well and maybe we could set up another more convenient visit in the future. I'll be sure to get back with you.
Texasjeepgirl 11:51 AM 04-04-2014
Originally Posted by taylorw1210:
I like this but would probably add in, "I have Friday night plans with the family.."
THIS...
And TO ADD..
I have this issue frequently occur from similar.. ex client...
loved the girl.. 2 but the boy was almost 5 ...had been with me since 13 months but was pushing me to the LIMITS... they left for preschool for him.. and daycare near school for girl..
I'm STILL very close friends with the mother and do things with her socially now and then....but everytime she wants to DROP by with the kids to visit... I manage to dodge it... usually something similar to the quoted post..

My3cents 12:07 PM 04-04-2014
I would just reply:

perfect.

I don't do play dates~
Reply Up