Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>New Member, Some Questions to Start New Home-Based Daycare
Ruchi30 10:53 AM 01-28-2020
Hi,

Thanks much for putting this wonderfully informational portal, you've been of great help to numerous people like me.

I am planning to start a home based day care and i've completed the formalities for my state (NC), which is CPR, Background check, NC credentials etc.

Please help me with a few questions:

1. Before i take license( and run it without license), is there a limit to what age of kids and no. of hours i can care for them? ( i have worked at a daycare for a few months so i know, i can very well run it with joy)
2. If i'm claiming the payments in my taxes, will running a daycare without license be considered 'Illegal' ? and whether it may have any repercussions from Immigration point of view (I have EAD on H4) ?
3. Does it mater whether Parents pay by cash or paypal or check ?
4. I have a two storey single family home, can i use a bedroom on the second floor for this business ?

Thanks much
Ruchi
Michael 06:40 PM 01-29-2020
Welcome to the forum. Here’s a thread that will be helpful in starting a daycare: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31166
Tags:starting a child care, starting a daycare
Reply Up