Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>License Worker Showing Up When You Are Closed?
MomBoss 12:20 PM 01-08-2018
Im suppose to have my annual inspection during my maternity leave. I plan on letting my license worker know when I will be closed so she can hopefully come before or after my leave when I start working again.
However, what if she shows up while Im closed? Do I have to let her in? Im in no way going to be in a good mood or feel well enough lets say she shows up the day after I get home from the hospital. I dont feel I should have to let her in my home while im healing/in pain and taking care of a newborn. If daycare is not in session, does she have the right to enter my home during my personal time?
Blackcat31 12:37 PM 01-08-2018
Originally Posted by MomBoss:
Im suppose to have my annual inspection during my maternity leave. I plan on letting my license worker know when I will be closed so she can hopefully come before or after my leave when I start working again.
However, what if she shows up while Im closed? Do I have to let her in? Im in no way going to be in a good mood or feel well enough lets say she shows up the day after I get home from the hospital. I dont feel I should have to let her in my home while im healing/in pain and taking care of a newborn. If daycare is not in session, does she have the right to enter my home during my personal time?
Your licensor has a right to show up unannounced during your business hours. However, if you notify her/him (via e-mail or paper or however she/he prefers to be contacted) that you are temporarily closed for certain dates, they won't come. If you are closed and have properly notified licensing you do not have to allow them to enter/come in.
Meeko 12:54 PM 01-08-2018
In Utah, licensing can only inspect if you have kids in care. They prefer you let them know when you will be closed, but it's not required. No kids. No inspection.
DaveA 02:16 PM 01-08-2018
The way it was explained to me in IL is that technically a rep can show up anytime during licensed hours. But in practice they don’t unless you are open and have kids. I’ve had a rep l show up right as I was getting ready to head to the library. He looked to make sure DCKs were in seats properly and said he’d come back the next time he was in the area. I let them know of any closing dates.
MarinaVanessa 02:29 PM 01-08-2018
I'm in CA and the way it works here is that the analysts can visit at any time even if you are on vacation or on leave, sick etc. The reason for this is because they want to make sure that if you say that you are closed you actually are closed and not operating out of the scope of your license. Licensing is trying to avoid providers claiming that they are closed and then accepting a temporary family who's kids are putting them above their ratios, a temporary visitor who isn't background checked staying in the home and any other illegal activity going on in side someone's daycare while the provider says that they are closed just so they can avoid a licensing visit.
It seems like overkill and you may not like it however that's how licensing works generally.
Tags:annual inspection
Reply Up