Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Do I Give A Refund??
rysakaem1 03:09 PM 10-18-2011
Terminating within two week trial period. I told mom yesterday that I could not keep infant after next week. He's scheduled and paid to be here tomorrow. Mom just called to say he would not be here tomorrow and will stop by to pick up his things. Do I give her a refund for tomorrow?
daycare 03:14 PM 10-18-2011
Originally Posted by rysakaem1:
Terminating within two week trial period. I told mom yesterday that I could not keep infant after next week. He's scheduled and paid to be here tomorrow. Mom just called to say he would not be here tomorrow and will stop by to pick up his things. Do I give her a refund for tomorrow?
What does your contract say?
Blackcat31 03:15 PM 10-18-2011
Originally Posted by rysakaem1:
I wouldn't. You are available for care. Mom chose not to use you. Her loss.
Creek 04:14 PM 10-18-2011
It depends what your contract says.

I have a 2 week trial period of care where the parents or I can choose to terminate care with no notice. It's never been utilized though mind you. After those 2 weeks, a 4 week notice is needed or payment for 4 weeks if 4 weeks is not given.

GL!
Meyou 02:38 AM 10-19-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I agree with this.
Cat Herder 04:52 AM 10-19-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Same policy here.
wdmmom 07:58 AM 10-19-2011
I offer a 2 week trial and I have the parents pay for that 2 weeks up front. Regardless if parent or provider cancels/terminates, there is no refund.

They are getting out of my 4 week notice policy. The least they can do is pay a week.
Tags:refund, terminate, two week notice
Reply Up