Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Last Day
Indoorvoice 11:49 AM 06-14-2019
Today is my last day as a formal daycare provider! I will be continuing to watch my favorite family for a while, but will be operating more as a stay at home mom/ homeschool type and not mess with all the formalities and expectations that have been stressing me out over the past couple of years. They will be part time and are so awesome about wanting to spend time with their kids and give me a break when they aren't working. This family is on board and excited for the new relationship we will have. I'll be keeping my license to stay legal,but that's not very hard at this point. I have learned so much from this forum over the past 5 years. I am so grateful to have had this space to ask silly questions and vent about things only people in the profession understand. I plan on still staying around. I have come to personally care about what many of you are going through and love when a recognized name pops up even though I might not have anything great to add. Thank you!!
Josiegirl 01:05 PM 06-14-2019

Hope your last official day has been going well for you!
It's such a different feeling to be done.
Indoorvoice 01:43 PM 06-14-2019
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:

Hope your last official day has been going well for you!
It's such a different feeling to be done.
Thanks,it wasn't terrible. I had just this one boy left for the whole week but my school aged kids were home making it hard for him to nap. He was his normal crabby self this morning and I feel so bad for him,but this is how he always is. Mom and dad didn't even pick up. The grandpa picked up and it was an awkward goodbye. I guess that's how it goes though. Such a weird ending to a stressful relationship with this family. I'm glad it's over though.
knoxmomof2 01:51 PM 06-14-2019
Congrats to you! I'm so jealous 😊 I have 2 teens who do their homeschooling online and an 18 month old. I'm due with our 4th (and last!) child in December. When my 18 month old is 5 or so, I plan to stop doing daycare and do the whole SAHM/ homeschooling Mom thing again since they'll need more hands on teaching and my teens will be 18+ and I won't have them around for extra eyes, ears and hands with the daycare.

I miss being able to focus on just my children like I did when my teens were little. But we struggled a lot financially, so I don't want to quit until it's necessary for me to. I want my home back. Only 3.5 years to go....... 🤣
knoxmomof2 01:56 PM 06-14-2019
Originally Posted by Indoorvoice:
I guess that's how it goes though. Such a weird ending to a stressful relationship with this family. I'm glad it's over though.
Yeah, the family with 2 boys that I recently termed politely with 2 weeks notice (because they had a billion special requests and Mom was at home with the new baby... I just couldn't with that any more), I couldn't wait for them to be gone! The Dad was like "tell her bye. You won't see her again." The boys are 1.5 and 3, they could care less... Lol.. I was like "have a good weekend!" That's it, I had nothing more to say....
Mike 07:13 AM 06-15-2019
I hope the new path goes great for you.
Tags:quitting daycare
Reply Up