Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>How to I Input this into MMK....Tom?
CrackerJacks 03:33 PM 04-05-2014
I have a mom who is now on state pay. However, it took 2 months for the pay to be set up. In which time the mom paid me directly. Now the state is going to reimburse her. But....they won't reimburse her directly (since she is not the "vendor") so they will direct deposit the reimbursed amount to me directly and then I will write her a check for the amount she paid for the previous 2 months. Now, how do I show all of this in MMK?
TomCopeland 05:34 PM 04-05-2014
Originally Posted by CrackerJacks:
I have a mom who is now on state pay. However, it took 2 months for the pay to be set up. In which time the mom paid me directly. Now the state is going to reimburse her. But....they won't reimburse her directly (since she is not the "vendor") so they will direct deposit the reimbursed amount to me directly and then I will write her a check for the amount she paid for the previous 2 months. Now, how do I show all of this in MMK?
Show the deposit from the state as income. Show the check to the parent as an expense (create a new expense category - "parent refund").
CrackerJacks 05:35 PM 04-12-2014
Thanks tom, I understand exactly what you are saying, however MMK wants to keep a credit going on that child's account..how do I get rid if this credit, so it shows a 0 balance

Parent curently owes $135 (3 separate invoices for $45)
State deposited $512 - to include the jan-current back pay that the parent paid personally.
Family now has a credit of $377 of which I will write her a check for (the amt of her out of pocket before state started paying)
TomCopeland 07:16 AM 04-13-2014
Originally Posted by CrackerJacks:
Thanks tom, I understand exactly what you are saying, however MMK wants to keep a credit going on that child's account..how do I get rid if this credit, so it shows a 0 balance

Parent curently owes $135 (3 separate invoices for $45)
State deposited $512 - to include the jan-current back pay that the parent paid personally.
Family now has a credit of $377 of which I will write her a check for (the amt of her out of pocket before state started paying)
Can you show the $512 as paid by a third party for the parent? If not, show it as paid by the parent.
rebekki78 12:19 PM 06-03-2014
This is why I have chosen not to give refunds. Any payments paid from DHS on the parents behalf is now going to come off from future invoices. So, if DHS paid and there is an overage on the account of, say, $300, then the parent wouldn't have to pay anything for the next two weeks. It is easier then trying to find a way to refund on MMK. I hope this makes sense.
TomCopeland 12:52 PM 06-03-2014
Originally Posted by rebekki78:
This is why I have chosen not to give refunds. Any payments paid from DHS on the parents behalf is now going to come off from future invoices. So, if DHS paid and there is an overage on the account of, say, $300, then the parent wouldn't have to pay anything for the next two weeks. It is easier then trying to find a way to refund on MMK. I hope this makes sense.
Yes, I understand. Yes, you may want to apply the refund to upcoming care and show a positive balance until future invoices eat it up.
Tags:mmk, tom copeland
Reply Up