Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Should I be Worried
Nurse Jackie 08:36 PM 06-11-2015
I have been licensed for 2 weeks. I've been advertising on fb exchange/sales pages and around my neighborhood. My first week being licensed I signed on a family with 2 kids. I've had a few people interested but I'm getting the impression that my prices were too high for them ( I called resource and referral and checked out my county's website and I priced myself at my zip codes average). I'm still in my very first week of me being licensed and the mother is asking have I signed up any other kids ( I do have a interview next week). I wasn't expecting to be full my first week of being opened but I sensed some concern from her. Should I be worried that she may go else where If I dont get any more kids in the next week or so? I figured it would take time to bring in families to a new fcc but maybe I'm being delusional.
Thriftylady 08:48 PM 06-11-2015
Hopefully she will hang in with you. Do you offer anything that sets you apart so she will hang in there? I would just tell her that will all new business, starting a home daycare takes time. Do you offer a referral bonus or discount? If so perhaps she will help spread your name. Word of mouth is your best advertising. I restarted my home daycare last August, and have no kids right now. I have had to lower my rates a ton, because no one in my area wants to pay for care. Our economy is depressed has been for several years. Hang in there. I had some kids but both left for cheaper care. One issue I have here is the SAHM crowd that "babysit" but don't offer a quality program. So keep building your program so you have something to make you shine.
Josiegirl 02:26 AM 06-12-2015
Hopefully she'll realize you won't fill up overnight! It takes some time to get established. What about hosting an open house? Any place you can advertise that's a very public sector? Any upcoming parades? Do you have FB or tried Craigslist? Word have mouth has done the very best by me so tell her to spread the word!
Good luck and try to be patient and enjoy your calmer days before the storm hits.
Blackcat31 09:51 AM 06-12-2015
Originally Posted by Nurse Jackie:
I have been licensed for 2 weeks. I've been advertising on fb exchange/sales pages and around my neighborhood. My first week being licensed I signed on a family with 2 kids. I've had a few people interested but I'm getting the impression that my prices were too high for them ( I called resource and referral and checked out my county's website and I priced myself at my zip codes average). I'm still in my very first week of me being licensed and the mother is asking have I signed up any other kids ( I do have a interview next week). I wasn't expecting to be full my first week of being opened but I sensed some concern from her. Should I be worried that she may go else where If I dont get any more kids in the next week or so? I figured it would take time to bring in families to a new fcc but maybe I'm being delusional.
"I'm trying as best as I can but it's definitely a process when building a new business. Are you asking because you are concerned your kids won't have playmates?"

Then take it from there. No sense wondering and worrying about why she is asking when all you have to do is ask...

She might be asking so she can refer co-workers to you but may not want to waste your (or their) time if you are full.
daycarediva 09:59 AM 06-12-2015
"I'm currently conducting interviews and trying to find families similar to yours in parenting style. If you know of anyone seeking child care, I would be happy for the referral. "
Nurse Jackie 03:59 PM 06-12-2015
Thanks for the great ideas as always ladies
Tags:california member, filling spots, rate - fair and reasonable
Reply Up