Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Guess I'm Officially Nervous Now...
Zoe 07:29 AM 12-09-2011
My licensor is coming sometime in December for my re-licensing visit. First one, so I'm nervous about it and the house has been pristine this month.

Well last night I had a dream that she came by and my dog had dug large holes all over the yard, making it treacherous. My DH had taken out all of the outlet covers and never put them back. There was dirt tracked in all over the house, and the baby gate was nowhere to be found for the bottom of the stairs.

Ugh. I hate stress dreams. I triple checked everything this morning. Doubt she's going to come today though. She only works part time so I don't think she works on Fridays. But you NEVER KNOW!

Any tips for random things that licensors have found issues with that I should watch out for?
laundrymom 08:33 AM 12-09-2011
Things I've been dinged on,...
Water temp @121 degrees. Not 120.
Having perfume on top shelf of my med cabinet
Shampoo on my shower surround shelf
Not being hOme for a surprise inspection. ( we were on walk)
Having someone on premises without background check, (I'm fighting this one) my dog groomer was out front. On the street, in a trailer ( mobile groomer). She never has been in my home, but walks through my yard to get to my door she is here once every 8-10 weeks.
Meeko 08:50 AM 12-09-2011
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
Things I've been dinged on,...
Water temp @121 degrees. Not 120.
Having perfume on top shelf of my med cabinet
Shampoo on my shower surround shelf
Not being hOme for a surprise inspection. ( we were on walk)
Having someone on premises without background check, (I'm fighting this one) my dog groomer was out front. On the street, in a trailer ( mobile groomer). She never has been in my home, but walks through my yard to get to my door she is here once every 8-10 weeks.
I'd fight that one too! What's next? The mailman bringing a package to you house???? Good grief!
mismatchedsocks 09:04 AM 12-09-2011
Blind cords, rugs in kitchen, fridge temp, pizza cutter in drawer in kitchen ( my whooops!) ziplocs not locked up, weeds in backyard, paperwork errors, that is all i can think of in last few years that I have gotten a ding for. good luck!
littlemommy 09:09 AM 12-09-2011
Originally Posted by lilrugrats:
Blind cords, rugs in kitchen, fridge temp, pizza cutter in drawer in kitchen ( my whooops!) ziplocs not locked up, weeds in backyard, paperwork errors, that is all i can think of in last few years that I have gotten a ding for. good luck!
Weeds in the backyard?! Do they WANT you do spray nasty chemicals on the lawn? That'd be much more dangerous than a weed..

I'll be having my visit in the next couple months, too. I'm not too nervous cuz my licensing lady isn't super strict. Hopefully that hasn't changed!
mismatchedsocks 09:24 AM 12-09-2011
She said they were a poisonous weed? I asked her the name and she told me she didnt know!? I looked into it and it was this. Needless to say she never took the "ding" off.

http://levahnbros.wordpress.com/2010...eping-charlie/
Zoe 09:27 AM 12-09-2011
rugs in kitchen? Or bugs in kitchen? Lilrugrats, can you clarify???
mismatchedsocks 09:31 AM 12-09-2011
Originally Posted by Zoe:
rugs in kitchen? Or bugs in kitchen? Lilrugrats, can you clarify???
RUGS. she said it qualified as hazardous to kids if they slipped on it. I hope your licenser is not as crazy as mine. Also make sure your bathroom handsoap does not say keep out of reach of children.
Zoe 09:32 AM 12-09-2011
Originally Posted by lilrugrats:
RUGS. she said it qualified as hazardous to kids if they slipped on it. I hope your licenser is not as crazy as mine. Also make sure your bathroom handsoap does not say keep out of reach of children.
Nice. So far she seems like a very realistic woman. I specifically asked her last year if it was okay that my shampoo and stuff was on the shelf in my bathtub. She said as long as the kids aren't trying to get into the tub, I'm fine. She understands that this is a home. Thankfully.
christinaskids 09:36 AM 12-09-2011
Wow those plants are all over here in sd, my licensor never went in my backyard, just looked out there. Ive gotten dinged for a too small window(bytwo inches), water temp and one parent wouldnt give me their shot records.
Tags:license, license - renewal, relicensing visits, stress, stress dreams
Reply Up