Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>End Of Year Tax Statement
Unregistered 05:20 PM 02-24-2021
When providing end of year tax statements how do you go about providing a statement to two parents who both pay for their child’s tuition? Do you send two separate statements to each parent, with the amount each parent paid, or do you send them both the same statement with the total amount paid for the entire year? Would you do the same for a parent who receives daycare assistance as you would for a parent who pays weekly tuition?
Jo123ABC 10:35 PM 02-24-2021
I'd do separate ones. Here's a breakdown of payments and dates paid by parent 1. Here's parent 2s breakdown. I'd probably call on the assistance part and give it to whoever they say you can legally give it to just to be safe.
Cat Herder 04:34 AM 02-25-2021
Each individual has an online payment account, so each individual gets their own W-10 with what they, personally, paid.
Meeko 06:32 AM 03-04-2021
I don't do twice the paperwork just because two parents can't get their financial act together.

One parent is the client and responsible for paying me. The other parent can pay their ex back.

In the past, I have had to deal with one parent not paying on Friday for the following week and then having to turn away the other parent on Monday morning. They scream and yell about how it's not their fault that ex didn't pay and they have to go to work etc etc. I won't be put in the middle.

I've had two parents both try to claim the total amount paid.

I let them fight over it away from here.
One client. One account.

One child with two accounts doesn't work for me.
Cat Herder 07:58 AM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by Meeko:
I don't do twice the paperwork just because two parents can't get their financial act together.

One client. One account.

One child with two accounts doesn't work for me.
I did it this way for years until I got online autopay. The program does it for me or I would go right back to this.

It is funny how many of the "single" moms get so mad when the dad who paid gets his W-10.
Tags:state assistance, state assisted payments, statements, tax statement, taxes
Reply Up