Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Diaper Bag...
coolconfidentme 06:41 AM 09-13-2013
Today a DCM brought diapers/wipes in a Victoria's Secret bag.

Happy Friday folks!
daycarediva 08:13 AM 09-13-2013

I no longer allow bags or do field trips but I had a Mom once bring a vera Bradley bag for her child and INSISTED I keep it clean and NOT take it on the field trip. I rolled my eyes, removed the child's things and handed it back. Yup, NOT going to the zoo worried about a designer diaper bag.
Blackcat31 08:23 AM 09-13-2013
I no longer allow diaper bags either.....

I got tired of knowing/seeing more than I wanted to....

It's always amazing what NON-child related items can be found in a diaper bag
Unregistered 08:43 AM 09-13-2013
not sure what's wrong with a victoria's secret bag. do you mean just the pink striped bag with the logo? is that indecent now?? that's a little prudish. I mean, if it had a picture of a woman in her underwear, I'd have issue, but really??
Hunni Bee 08:47 AM 09-13-2013
We had roaches being brought in, on several different occasions.

I started requiring bottles to be brought in clear Ziploc bags, and anything else in shopping bags that could be thrown away. And no transfer of anything back and forth except bottles...if its sent to daycare, it stays at daycare.

Definitely doing this rule when I open.
Unregistered 10:49 AM 09-13-2013
I no longer accept diaper bags, car seats , blankets, only the child is transferred every day,diapers etc must come in disposable bags.Blankets I keep and wash.
Maria2013 10:58 AM 09-13-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I no longer allow diaper bags either.....

I got tired of knowing/seeing more than I wanted to....
  • underwear (thongs)
  • cigarettes (both smoked and unsmoked)
  • crushed beer cans
  • bottle tops
  • hunting knife
  • marijuana paraphernalia
  • bills
  • DVD's (NOT childrens)

It's always amazing what NON-child related items can be found in a diaper bag
that^
MotherNature 11:17 AM 09-13-2013
Slightly related- We do cloth diapers here, and one of my dcg's parents own a farm. We get our CSA shares through them, so they'll bring our produce weekly at drop-off. They didn't bring a wetbag that day, so I sent the diapers back in a plastic bag that said Farm Fresh Goodness.I pointed it out & we all laughed.
Cat Herder 12:42 PM 09-13-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
that's a little prudish. ??
Could be flipped to say bringing it was trampy.

As it is, it is just funny.

Victorias new secret is she wears diapers....

"I can't laugh, I have the cranky".......

TGIF, CCM!!!
Willow 12:47 PM 09-13-2013
Stealing "I have the cranky"

I could care less personally, and probably would have asked them if they brought me an early birthday present when I saw it
Unregistered 01:03 PM 09-13-2013

Really? I didn't realize that shopping at Victoria's Secret made you trampy. Judgemental much? I wonder if I brought my diapers in a Walmart bag if you'd call me white trash?
Angelsj 07:40 PM 09-13-2013

Really? I didn't realize that shopping at Victoria's Secret made you trampy. Judgemental much? I wonder if I brought my diapers in a Walmart bag if you'd call me white trash?
It would depend on how you were dressed.
JoseyJo 08:14 PM 09-13-2013
Originally Posted by Angelsj:
It would depend on how you were dressed.
LOL! Seriously though I would think it was mildly inappropriate to bring diapers in a VS bag but I would expect them in a walmart bag. Maybe that means I am a white trash prude?
EchoMom 05:28 AM 09-14-2013
I have a family that sends their baby bottles in a Guiness cardboard sixpack holder. :P

I don't love it, but I don't really care.
Willow 06:31 AM 09-14-2013
Originally Posted by EchoMom:
I have a family that sends their baby bottles in a Guiness cardboard sixpack holder. :P

I don't love it, but I don't really care.

That is pretty genius actually
Blackcat31 07:06 AM 09-14-2013

How is inserting this awfully judgmental statement about Walmart any different??

You were offended someone made a comment about Victoria's Secret and yet, you make a similar statement about Walmart?

Pot meet Kettle....

FWIW~ OP NEVER EVER said there was anything wrong with diapers being brought in a Victoria's Secret bag....she ONLY laughed....because really it IS kind of funny.

YOU added the negativity, judgments and assumptions to the statement....oh and even called the OP prudish.

So clarify again, WHO it is that is judgmental here....
Cat Herder 08:12 AM 09-14-2013

Face Palm.......
Attached: joke.jpg (54.1 KB) cupcake joke.jpg (10.8 KB) 
Tags:diaper bag, diapers
Reply Up