Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas>Cooking With Your Kids
athomemommy 04:44 AM 10-26-2011
The kids love to cook with me and I have began to let them fix their own foods.

So got any good microwave and Crockpot recipes. I want them to be able to do most of it if not all. ( I will be supervising and there for the HOT stuff)

Am even going to make them make a list and round the numbers so they have a budget. then maybe take them to the store for their food have them pick put what they need and pay with the money in their envelop. It will take some time to learn but it will give them team work and problem solving!
Cat Herder 05:01 AM 10-26-2011
Ziplock Bag Omelette's (microwave) were popular in the 4 year old room.

Diced ham, shredded cheese, etc.

I grew up in the 70's-80's and still have "Microwave Traumatic Distress Syndrome". For almost 5 years we ONLY ate microwaved foods....it was HORRIBLE.

Ever had a microwaved Thanksgiving Turkey..... Yep, I have.....

Now, Crockpot "Stone Soup" is a great lesson.
athomemommy 11:05 AM 10-26-2011
Not that I want them to eat all things in there. Just some. I want to help out. So far they have done great. Amazing how much nicer they are when there is a goal in mind!
Cat Herder 11:08 AM 10-26-2011
Originally Posted by athomemommy:
Not that I want them to eat all things in there. Just some. I want to help out. So far they have done great. Amazing how much nicer they are when there is a goal in mind!
Oh, I am sorry... I think it is a fun idea and I bet your daycare kids will LOVE it.

I was just sharing a funny...at least I thought I was. I am out of coffee today..
Rachel 09:44 AM 10-27-2011
I have these 2 cookbooks and the kids love doing things from them. I have 1 year olds and infants now. I miss cooking with my preschoolers!

http://www.amazon.com/Pretend-Soup-O.../dp/1883672066

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/158...G4G011JF4WG6PD
sanderson 05:11 AM 11-22-2011
Oh! I also used to have microwave food for over a year and I felt so pathetic with it. Now I utilize microwave only for heating only when if there is nothing else to eat..
Tags:cooking - learning, crock pot, microwave
Reply Up