Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Forms - Uploads>Infant Daily Report?
MNmamaOf4 08:32 AM 02-02-2011
I know yesterday or the day before when someone posted something similar about this many of you stated you don't do them that they are a waste of time etc. I had a part-time infant for about 3 weeks and I did infant reports for the mom as a relative always picked the baby up and she told me they were very helpful. I wish my former daycare would have done them because DH always took the kids to daycare and usually picked them up and when I'd ask questions about when they ate last, etc he never really knew. So it would have been nice to have that info. That's why I've decided to at least do them for my infants, plus it helped me to know when the baby I was caring for needed to eat again.

For those of you who do use them, what all do you include in them? I have a printed form and it stays on my counter and I fill it out as the day goes on. But I would like to refresh the look before my full-time baby starts next week. He'll be my only DCK besides my own 3 that are here and my kindergartner after school. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks!
Pammie 08:39 AM 02-02-2011
I've made my infant daily report forms on Printmaster on an 8.5"x11" in landscape format with a cute little clip-art in the center.

On the left side of the page it says:

All About My Day (I write the child's name here)
Today is (Date)

This is when I ate(I note time and amount)

This is when I slept(I note time nap started - and total length)

My diaper changes were(Time and wet/bm)

This morning I was feeling:

By afternoon I was:

Please help me be ready for next time by sending:

On the right side of the page it says:

Pam wants you to know....
kitkat 08:41 AM 02-02-2011
Mine are really simple and include:

-What/when they ate
-Sleeping
-Diaper changes
-A comments section at the bottom

It's basically just a bunch of blank lines with a heading for each section. I've always filled them out and still fill it out for my dcg in 4K!
littlemonkeys 09:19 AM 02-02-2011
I always have done an infant daily report for my younger dcb's...

I have my report titled with my dc name and under it reads "Infant Daily Report"

Child's name and date

Drop off/ pick up time

Then I have "My provider wants to share what I did today"
Below that reads, For Breakfast I ate:___________ all some none
For lunch ""
For snack ""

Bowel Movements: 1 2 3 4 They were: Normal Loose Hard
(Most of my parents didn't care to hear about the wet diaper output)

Nap time: _____-_____ Nap Time:______-______

This is how I played today:___________________________________ (I briefly state what we did, not everything though)

This book was read to me today: ___________________________________________

Special Notes from my Provider: (I leave a few lines for this)

My Provider wants to remind you to please bring the following to daycare tomorrow:

And I have listed all the supplies needed and I check them off as I need them refilled

I've been using the trial for MMK and now I've been doing them for all my dck's using the MMK format. The older parents have expressed to me that they appreciate that I do this and I've had many compliments.
SandeeAR 12:14 PM 02-02-2011
Hopefully this works. I just attached a copy of mine.
Attached: report sheet.doc (27.0 KB) 
tenderhearts 12:32 PM 02-02-2011
I do them until 12 mo and will do up until 18 mo if parent wants me too.
Mine says:

Dear Mommy and Daddy!

Today I was Happy Tearful Playfull all of the above! Other_____

For reakfast I ate:______________All some none
For lunch I ate:________________All some none
Fr snack I ate:_________________All some none

this is how mny bottles I drank today:

Time:_________oz_________
Time: ________oz_________

Nap time:________to________Nap time:__________to___________
Special Notes from my
Provider:______________________________________________

Mommy and Daddy:
My provider wants to remind you to please bring the following to daycare
tomorrow:
Diapers____Ointment_____Formula______Baby Food______Other_____
clothing Item:

I like this it's to the point and easy and quick to fill out.
My 10 mo old, her mom still likes receiving these but my 12 mo old, his mom said I didn't have to do it anymore when he was about 9 mo.
littlemonkeys 08:34 PM 02-02-2011
Originally Posted by tenderhearts:
I do them until 12 mo and will do up until 18 mo if parent wants me too.
Mine says:

Dear Mommy and Daddy!

Today I was Happy Tearful Playfull all of the above! Other_____

For reakfast I ate:______________All some none
For lunch I ate:________________All some none
Fr snack I ate:_________________All some none

this is how mny bottles I drank today:

Time: ________oz_________

Special Notes from my
Provider:______________________________________________

Mommy and Daddy:
My provider wants to remind you to please bring the following to daycare
tomorrow:
Diapers____Ointment_____Formula______Baby Food______Other_____
clothing Item:

I like this it's to the point and easy and quick to fill out.
My 10 mo old, her mom still likes receiving these but my 12 mo old, his mom said I didn't have to do it anymore when he was about 9 mo.
Lol... This is the same one I have... I just forgot to add the how many bottles and oz... How funny. I think I found mine on a website that offers free forms.
Abigail 09:29 PM 02-02-2011
Tenderhearts, is that the exact same one you use? This one has multiple spelling errors. Ex. Playful, breakfast, many.

I created a similiar version to a cute layout I found online of an infant report sheet. I only made two on this four-page layout because I have not made a final decision on how small/large to make these until I start using them. It's set up very nice I think. Easy-to-read, creative, colorful, short & simple yet informative.
Attached: Infant Sheet.doc (31.0 KB) 
tenderhearts 07:25 AM 02-03-2011
No this is NOT the exact one I use, I typed it very quickly yesterday to show.

I found it online somewhere too. I like it and parents seem to as well.
tenderhearts 07:32 AM 02-03-2011
Abigail just curious but isn't it more important how much they ate than how much they "liked" it?
Abigail 10:12 AM 02-03-2011
Tenderheart, in the What............... you can either put 1/2 C. or just put applesauce (for example) You don't necessarily have to put the amount either because the serving size is based on the food program recommendations for the food and if they eat it they "like it" and if they don't it is "yucky"
MNmamaOf4 08:30 PM 02-07-2011
Thanks for all of your help ladies, I really appreciate it! Just finishing mine up!
Abigail 08:56 PM 02-07-2011
MNMama, what did you decide to do?
Michael 12:59 PM 03-21-2011
SANDEE’S DAILY REPORT

NAME__________________________________ DATE_____________________

Today I was: ( ) Happy Nap___________ to ______________
( ) Fussy
( ) Sleepy Nap___________ to ______________
( ) Other
( ) Clingy Nap ____________to_______________

Diaper/Potty Trips Meals and Snacks

________________Wet Ones ___________________________________
I had ______ wet pull ups
I had ______dirty pull ups ___________________________________

Supplies Needed: ___________________________________

SANDEE’S DAILY REPORT

NAME__________________________________ DATE_____________________

Today I was: ( ) Happy Nap___________ to ______________
( ) Fussy
( ) Sleepy Nap___________ to ______________
( ) Other
( ) Clingy Nap ____________to_______________

Diaper/Potty Trips Meals and Snacks

________________Wet Ones ___________________________________
I had ______ wet pull ups
I had ______dirty pull ups ___________________________________

Supplies Needed: ___________________________________

Greenshadow 02:02 PM 03-21-2011
I used to do a daily report on paper but I dont anymore. Now I have a dry erase board on the wall by the door. I write down the bottles that the baby has had and what the kids ate for meals as well as what times they took naps. Its better on the landfills and I found that more parents werent even reading them than the parents that were.
SilverSabre25 02:09 PM 03-21-2011
Originally Posted by Greenshadow:
I used to do a daily report on paper but I dont anymore. Now I have a dry erase board on the wall by the door. I write down the bottles that the baby has had and what the kids ate for meals as well as what times they took naps. Its better on the landfills and I found that more parents werent even reading them than the parents that were.
Ooo that's an interesting idea. I'm thinking of putting in a bulletin board just inside the door. I might steal that idea...
Greenshadow 02:34 PM 03-21-2011
Its worked out great (the dry erase board) because the parents check it on their way out the door everyday. Most questions are answered by the board. I write down if someone needs a change of clothes on there or special notices too, like reminders of a day off I need (that I'd requested) that week. I just erase it every day and start over every morning. It cuts down on the amount of time I spend writing a paper for each kid. I'd rather spend my time WITH the kids; not writing about them.
Former Teacher 05:32 PM 03-21-2011
Originally Posted by Greenshadow:
I totally don't mean to be rude and if it comes out that way, I really don't mean it.

But I think as a parent I would be upset for other parents to read about my child's day.

Believe me, I KNOW daily reports are a waste of time, money, and energy. However I also know that in TX at least its required to hand a parent a daily take home sheet.

But that's just my opinion
Abigail 10:07 PM 03-21-2011
Please let me know what you think of my new infant daily report. I worked really hard on it!
momofsix 06:04 AM 03-22-2011
Originally Posted by kitkat:
Mine are really simple and include:

-What/when they ate
-Sleeping
-Diaper changes
-A comments section at the bottom

It's basically just a bunch of blank lines with a heading for each section. I've always filled them out and still fill it out for my dcg in 4K!
Exactly what mine are. I use them for infants only-stop at a year old.
Holiday Park 05:04 PM 11-07-2012
I use a APP called daily connect . It isn't free but it's so worth it! I have a client who only gets the daily reports by email at the end of the day, because she doesn't have the APP. Another client not only has it sync'd on her phone with mine, but her BOyFriend does too. It's neat seeing all three of us post things on the APP for the one baby as he gets dropped off and picked up, etc... And when he last ate or slept before he arrived here ( if she enters that in , orherwise verbally tells me) .
You can send pictures to it. And everything. You can add meals/bottles/diaper changes for several babies at the same time by hitting the + button . Emailing the info is easy peasy. Just tap "email" and you can edit it before sending but it goes straight to tour email and automaticly enters everything from whatever time period you want ( just today, or days,etc... Prior)
MommieNana4 07:27 AM 11-08-2012
I used Baby Connect...an free online program that worked great for me.
mamac 10:43 AM 06-04-2013
I finally created an infant report that I am happy with and I thought I'd share it here. There is a boy and a girl form. You need a google account to access it.

(I tried uploading the word.doc here but my computer and I do not get along.)

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...00&usp=sharing

Edit: Sorry if anyone couldn't access this. I had it set to private. oops. It's all fixed now.
Brooksie 04:23 PM 06-04-2013
infant-daily-report.pdf

This is what I send home with each of my infants each day. All the parents love it and find it very helpful. I even had someone recently leave for financial reasons and they had to have their mom watch the baby instead. She was so worried about it that I gave her a blank copy and she now has her mom fill this out for her too, since she enjoyed reading it so much at the end of the day and it makes her more comfortable that his needs are being met. I would really recommend doing this for each child. I have never thought it was a waste of time.
Attached:
AmyKidsCo 08:24 PM 06-04-2013
I use the Daily Connect app. It offers over 25 different things you can record but I use 9-10, depending on the child.

I always use:
Pick up/Drop off
Meals (Time, what, amount)
Sleep (from when to when)
Diaper (poo, pee, dry, plus amount and poo consistency/color)

I sometimes use:
Potty (during potty training - poo, pee, empty plus same choices as diaper)
Mood
Activity
Health (when child has runny nose, cough, etc)
For me it's much quicker to touch and swipe than to write, plus I can email it to parents and save money on paper and ink!
sunlight 09:00 AM 06-13-2013
I use an infant update memo and a toddler memo from "Funshine Express". For about $6.00 you get 125 memos. They last a really long time and I just keep one and make copys on my printer. They are cute and ez to use and parents like them too. Here is a link to their website so you can see what they offer http://www.funshineexpress.com/?id=2...partment_id=40

I'll try to attach a pic of all 3 update sheets.infant gram.jpg
They also have a toddler update sheet and a preschool memo. All Cute!
Attached:
Lyss 09:18 PM 06-18-2013
Originally Posted by mamac:
I finally created an infant report that I am happy with and I thought I'd share it here. There is a boy and a girl form. You need a google account to access it.

(I tried uploading the word.doc here but my computer and I do not get along.)

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...00&usp=sharing

Edit: Sorry if anyone couldn't access this. I had it set to private. oops. It's all fixed now.
Cute! I like them.

Mine are very basic (see attached), all black, and I tried to fit multiple on one page because I'm very stingy with ink! I also have a non-solids eating infant one that can fit 3 on a page
Attached: Infant Daily Report.pdf (173.2 KB) Toddler Daily Report v2.pdf (103.0 KB) 
Tags:daily report, daily report sample, forms, infant report
Reply Up