Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Making Snow??
DCMomOf3 12:07 PM 08-31-2010
My son wants to make snow and I don't know if that is even possible. Anyone done it before, or know how?
SunflowerMama 12:23 PM 08-31-2010
We just did that last week!! Kids loved it!

You just add water.

http://www.google.com/products/catal...CAcQ8wIwADgA#p
anappleadaycare 01:16 PM 08-31-2010
if you open a couple of disposable diapers and empty the contents into a bowl and add water.....instant snow! you can buy the contents at a supply store but it's the same thing that they use in disposable diapers
TGT09 05:57 AM 09-01-2010
Originally Posted by twinmama:
We just did that last week!! Kids loved it!

You just add water.

http://www.google.com/products/catal...CAcQ8wIwADgA#p
Where did you do it? In a bathtub? This sounds like a blast and my kids would love it!
SunflowerMama 06:00 AM 09-01-2010
Originally Posted by TGT09:
Where did you do it? In a bathtub? This sounds like a blast and my kids would love it!
I made it in a huge mixing bowl and then divided it for the kids on smaller containers.

If you go to my blog you can see a few pictures of it.

www.littleacornchildcare.blogspot.com

They absolutely loved it!!
TGT09 06:05 AM 09-01-2010
Awesome, thanks!

Too fun! Your blog is awesome, I hadn't thought about doing a daycare one! I just might have to do it!
SunflowerMama 06:21 AM 09-01-2010
Originally Posted by anappleadaycare:
if you open a couple of disposable diapers and empty the contents into a bowl and add water.....instant snow! you can buy the contents at a supply store but it's the same thing that they use in disposable diapers
Isn't that stuff crazy toxic? That would freak me out a little especially with little ones that would try and put it in their mouths.
DCMom 11:54 AM 09-01-2010
Originally Posted by anappleadaycare:
Really??? I don't know if I would let my dck's play with that. Maybe because of where it originated? LOL~

The Instant Snow, that looks cool. Is it really the same thing as what is in diapers, because then I don't know. I hate that stuff when a diaper breaks...
Michael 12:03 PM 09-01-2010
Most grocery stores sell blocks of ice. Get something like a paint scrapper and you should be able to scrape some up quick.
SunflowerMama 12:08 PM 09-01-2010
Originally Posted by DCMom:
Really??? I don't know if I would let my dck's play with that. Maybe because of where it originated? LOL~

The Instant Snow, that looks cool. Is it really the same thing as what is in diapers, because then I don't know. I hate that stuff when a diaper breaks...
That Instant Snow stuff is not what is in diapers. It's comes as a powder and as you add water it expands and then you can "fluff" it and it becomes similar to the feeling of snow.
DCMom 12:30 PM 09-01-2010
Originally Posted by twinmama:
That Instant Snow stuff is not what is in diapers. It's comes as a powder and as you add water it expands and then you can "fluff" it and it becomes similar to the feeling of snow.
OK, good to know! LOL~I was worried!
Crystal 12:44 PM 09-01-2010
lots of ice in a blender. it's free.
anappleadaycare 01:05 PM 09-01-2010
sodium polyacrylate is what is inside disposable diapers as well as what they sell to make fake snow. The chemical, though non-toxic, can cause mild to severe skin and eye irritation if contacted in its powdered form

as long as you add the water to it before you allow the kids to play in it, it's safe. of course, you don't want to allow the children to eat it
countrymom 12:05 PM 09-02-2010
in a couple of months I will have all the snow that I can get, does anyone want any. Free if you come and shovel my drive way.
momofsix 11:44 AM 09-03-2010
Originally Posted by countrymom:
in a couple of months I will have all the snow that I can get, does anyone want any. Free if you come and shovel my drive way.

Tags:activities, making snow
Reply Up