Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Is There A Time Of Year When Biz Picks Up?
jenh171 04:23 AM 03-29-2011
Perhaps not an accurate title for this thread, but I'd like to know from those doing child care for many years...have you noticed any pattern in terms of a time of year where a lot of people seem to be looking for child care? I always have my ads on craig's list, facebook, biz cards at the stores, and sometimes it seems I get a lot of inquiries and other times it's quiet. I'm in my third year and trying to pay attention to whether or not there is a rhythm to the responses...are more people apt to be looking at certain times of the year? And btw, I only take infants-4yrs...no school age kids.
lil angels 04:26 AM 03-29-2011
It seems for me I get more calls in the spring and around the first of the yr. I have been doing this for almost 11 yrs.
SilverSabre25 04:27 AM 03-29-2011
Last year, my first year doing this, I got a lot of responses in the Spring, and a lot more in the fall. I also do not take school agers.
AfterSchoolMom 04:32 AM 03-29-2011
I take infants and SA's. For me, things always pick up in August and January (right after the school's Winter break).
Cat Herder 04:39 AM 03-29-2011
It used to be "approximately 9 months from the last long term power outage" for infants

I guess there is some truth to it since all 6 of my DCK's were born in Dec. and Jan.... (our area gets hit with severe storms alot in March )
Zoe 05:01 AM 03-29-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
It used to be "approximately 9 months from the last long term power outage" for infants

I guess there is some truth to it since all 6 of my DCK's were born in Dec. and Jan.... (our area gets hit with severe storms alot in March )
Hmmmmmmm........you may have something there catherder. Both of my kids were born in December!
Zoe 05:03 AM 03-29-2011
Oh, and btw, I really hope you guys are right about the spring thing. I STILL haven't gotten any bites on any of my ads so I still have just the one family. Thank God we can pay our bills with the income I've got but I'm getting a little nervous here.
Meyou 05:06 AM 03-29-2011
I find I get the most calls in the spring too although alot of that business ends up being new clients for the fall. People tend to look for care about 6 months in advance here.

I don't take new clients between June 1 and Sept 1 though. Our summers are too busy with outings and the lake for me to integrate a new little one into the mix. They need to learn the everyday rules first before we venture into outing protocal. lol
treehugger82 07:48 AM 03-29-2011
I'm hoping that spring brings some new clients as well! One of the providers in my town said she gets a lot of calls in the spring and fall, so I'm hoping the same goes for me!!
MyAngels 09:44 AM 03-29-2011
I've always found January, May and late August, early September to be the times that I get the most calls. I've been in the business for 19 years.
Tags:business picking up, economy, more business
Reply Up