Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>New Work Environment
sariejohnston 06:21 AM 06-20-2014
I Just moved tx I have been job searching, I have had one job interview so far.. I really want this Job but the work environment I'm a little intimidated by it because its nothing like What I am use too.. I was working at a head start as a sub teacher's aid in Mo. I had a interview the other day for a preschool teacher job the lady talked so fast I could hardly follow, there was so much information about how the daycare runs and their expectation and teacher responsibilities it was hard to process everything .. I really want the Job, but I'm scared that I am going to mess up because There was so much information I am having a hard time remembering everything she said and it seems pretty strict. I just am looking for some encouragement and some advice on how to adjust to a new work environment. Thanks.
Blackcat31 06:48 AM 06-20-2014
Everything new is scary!

Just take it one day at a time and I am sure you will be just fine.

I doubt the director expects you to learn everything all at once so I wouldn't worry about that.

I'm a super fast talker too and I don't always realize I am rambling on at light speed until I notice the perplexed look on the listeners face

If you get the job, the biggest thing in my opinion is to just make sure you have a positive attitude and are willing to learn what you don't know. If you can smile every day and just try your best, you'll do just fine.
midaycare 06:51 AM 06-20-2014
Originally Posted by sariejohnston:
I Just moved tx I have been job searching, I have had one job interview so far.. I really want this Job but the work environment I'm a little intimidated by it because its nothing like What I am use too.. I was working at a head start as a sub teacher's aid in Mo. I had a interview the other day for a preschool teacher job the lady talked so fast I could hardly follow, there was so much information about how the daycare runs and their expectation and teacher responsibilities it was hard to process everything .. I really want the Job, but I'm scared that I am going to mess up because There was so much information I am having a hard time remembering everything she said and it seems pretty strict. I just am looking for some encouragement and some advice on how to adjust to a new work environment. Thanks.
All new jobs seem overwhelming at first. You will probably have to work really hard for a few weeks to understand everything, but after that you will get it! I work by the rule of "3". 3 days to understand the basics of the job, 3 weeks to feel comfortable, 3 years to become an expert.
AmyKidsCo 12:26 PM 06-20-2014
Can you ask for a mentor to help you learn the ropes at first? Don't be afraid to ask questions - IMO if they see you're trying to learn what you need to know they'll be understanding and appreciate your efforts. Good luck!
Tags:daycare environment
Reply Up