Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Nap Mat Questions
WImom 10:27 AM 09-22-2010
Just ordered these mats - http://www.discountschoolsupply.com/...&Brand=&Price=

What can I use for sheets? I tried crib sheets but the mat keeps folding up like the sheets don't fit. I did get the sheets used from someone so maybe they shrunk??

How do you store your nap mats? Do you leave the sheet on or not?
broncomom1973 10:37 AM 09-22-2010
I have similar nap mats and I use body pillow pillowcases for them. I use the ones that have a zipper at the end and they work great. They are also economical as you can get them for $5-$10 each at Wal-Mart. And yes, I do keep the cover on and fold them up. I launder them each week.
DCMomOf3 10:46 AM 09-22-2010
I honestly don't use a sheet. I just spray them down to wash them since they are vinyl. (I have them numbered so the same child gets the same one every time and I have fairly flat pillows they use for their heads that we made as a craft so each child has his own special one.)
boysx5 10:54 AM 09-22-2010
I just use a receiving blanket on mine and put them in their bins when we are done each day so I don't mix them up and wash them down each day so far no trouble.
MARSTELAC 11:11 AM 09-22-2010
I don't use sheets since the mats are vinyl. I spray them down after nap. My problem is, the kids pick at the corners and I am constantly replacing these *&^% mats! I heard that someone in Wisconsin was using sleds with blankets (regularly washed) I am going to find out if I can do that in MN! Those plastic formed sleds would stack nicely and be easy to clean :-)
DCMom 12:26 PM 09-22-2010
Originally Posted by MARSTELAC:
I heard that someone in Wisconsin was using sleds with blankets (regularly washed) I am going to find out if I can do that in MN! Those plastic formed sleds would stack nicely and be easy to clean :-)
Now THAT is a cool idea! The body pillow case is an excellent idea also~I think I used king-sized pillow cases but they were always coming off.

I have tried fold up mats, roll up mats, stacking mats and was never happy with any of them for various reasons. I finally broke down and bought 12 of the hanging mats, the hangers with sheets from DSS about 8 years ago and I love them.
MommyMuffin 07:16 AM 09-23-2010
Originally Posted by DCMom:
Now THAT is a cool idea! The body pillow case is an excellent idea also~I think I used king-sized pillow cases but they were always coming off.

I have tried fold up mats, roll up mats, stacking mats and was never happy with any of them for various reasons. I finally broke down and bought 12 of the hanging mats, the hangers with sheets from DSS about 8 years ago and I love them.
Do you have a link to the hanging mats? I am just curious, I love the body pillow idea too.
newtodaycare22 09:37 AM 09-23-2010
I have vinyl mats simliar to those but crib sheets fit them. My kids bring one from home and I send it home each Friday...it's the parents job to wash
WImom 11:34 AM 09-23-2010
Well, I'm going to go out and buy a body pillow cover, king size pillowcase and another crib sheet and see what I like best. Thanks for all the ideas.
DCMom 12:09 PM 09-23-2010
Originally Posted by MommyMuffin:
Do you have a link to the hanging mats? I am just curious, I love the body pillow idea too.
http://www.discountschoolsupply.com/...&Brand=&Price=

Initially it's expensive. I bought 6 mats, 6 sheets and 1 hangers about 8 years ago. When I expanded 3 years ago I bought another set of 6. They have stood up really well, I have only had to replace one sheet because the ties got cut off (don't ask...)
Lilbutterflie 12:13 PM 09-23-2010
Originally Posted by WImom:
Just ordered these mats - http://www.discountschoolsupply.com/...&Brand=&Price=

What can I use for sheets? I tried crib sheets but the mat keeps folding up like the sheets don't fit. I did get the sheets used from someone so maybe they shrunk??

How do you store your nap mats? Do you leave the sheet on or not?
These are the exact nap mats I have, and I use crib sheets. Initially they fold up, but force them to lay flat and the sheets then lay flat as well. Works really well! And my crib sheets have been washed MANY times and probably are a little shrunk also. (o:
Tags:mats
Reply Up