Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>When You Only Have Two Families...
SilverSabre25 12:41 PM 02-03-2014
how can you keep things "confidential"?

"Your child may have been exposed to pink eye." Well, it's obviously not my kids or I'd be closed....so it's clear that it was the other child....and I feel awfully stupid for saying "I can't tell you who" when it's crystal clear WHO.
Blackcat31 12:53 PM 02-03-2014
I always tell my families I can't say who but if they figure it out...good for them.

I just cant' confirm or deny.

I suppose it is awfully obvious when you only have two families. I would still just use the correct language and leave it at that.
originalkat 02:41 PM 02-03-2014
All of my dc kids are 3 and older so they usually tell their parents anyway! So and so was sick... so and so hit Bobby... etc... So things aren't very confidential around here either.
spinnymarie 06:58 PM 02-03-2014
Ha, I was going to say that as well - all the kids tell anyway.
But I agree that I wouldn't say just to be professional.
Cat Herder 06:26 AM 02-04-2014
Privacy??? There's no privacy in daycare!!!! (in my best Tom Hanks voice, which is pretty bad)
SilverSabre25 07:23 AM 02-04-2014
lol catherder!

I always do such a good job starting out...but the inevitable "Oh no, what happened?" spills it out. I just feel so dumb saying "someone" when the answer is pretty clear....
mema 07:24 AM 02-04-2014
I currently only have 2 families also. I don't say names either, but of course they know. Even when I had 4 families tho, they figured it out.
Tags:confidentiality
Reply Up