Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My Hubby got into MEDICAL SCHOOL!
originalkat 03:12 PM 06-09-2015
I am so excited I just had to share the news... My husband got into medical school! He is 39 and this will be his second career after the military. He worked his tail off in undergrad these last four years and I have as well doing daycare as our only income while he was in school. There is still quite a road ahead, but I am so excited for the future!
Michael 03:28 PM 06-09-2015
Congratulations, hopefully a greater income awaits in the future. Its great he is getting to do what he wants for himself.
Play Care 04:04 PM 06-09-2015
Amazing!! Best of luck!
Laurel 04:51 PM 06-09-2015
Originally Posted by originalkat:
I am so excited I just had to share the news... My husband got into medical school! He is 39 and this will be his second career after the military. He worked his tail off in undergrad these last four years and I have as well doing daycare as our only income while he was in school. There is still quite a road ahead, but I am so excited for the future!
That's wonderful, two careers!! You deserve a lot of credit for supporting the family so he could attain his goals. Good for you!

Laurel
Controlled Chaos 05:20 PM 06-09-2015

Baby Beluga 06:19 PM 06-09-2015
That's awesome!
e.j. 08:22 PM 06-09-2015
That's great! Congratulations to your husband and you!
bklsmum 08:36 PM 06-09-2015
Congrats to both of you!
childcaremom 09:27 PM 06-09-2015
Wow! What an accomplishment.

Wonderful for both of you!
Josiegirl 02:21 AM 06-10-2015
Wow!! He's quite the achiever! Good luck to him and to all of you!
LindseyA 04:39 AM 06-10-2015
I would like to thank him for his services, and you both for your sacrifices. The spouse plays a huge role with our military men and women! And now to become doctor!! Absolutely amazing!
hope 04:42 AM 06-10-2015
What great news!
Unregistered 12:22 PM 06-11-2015
Please thank him for his service Congrats to him! MEDICINE is great!
Blackcat31 12:34 PM 06-11-2015
Yah!!!

What fantastic news!!!
daycare 12:51 PM 06-11-2015
congrats to you guys..

I expanded my daycare so that I could support my family to allow my husband to go to medical school.

I can share this with you if you don't mind. It is not easy on anyone, especially your hubby.

Do you guys have kids?

I felt like a single mom during this time because of how much school demanded of him, especially during his clinics and internship.

I would highly recommend hiring help if you already havent.

again congrats to both of you. He could not have done it without you help!!!
KidGrind 04:54 PM 06-11-2015
Congratulations! I live in a section of my community were I am surrounded by medical students in various stages of their journey. Two of my families are in medical school!

I am wishing you both the very best!
originalkat 11:46 AM 06-18-2015
Originally Posted by daycare:
congrats to you guys..

I expanded my daycare so that I could support my family to allow my husband to go to medical school.

I can share this with you if you don't mind. It is not easy on anyone, especially your hubby.

Do you guys have kids?

I felt like a single mom during this time because of how much school demanded of him, especially during his clinics and internship.

I would highly recommend hiring help if you already havent.

again congrats to both of you. He could not have done it without you help!!!
Thanks for the advice! We do have 2 kids. They are 8 and 10 yrs old. We have been homeschooling, but they are going to go to a small Christian school next school year because it has become too much to have the daycare (10 kids enrolled now) and homeschool. I just can't do it all. I have heard that these first 2 years wont be too bad, but clinicals in years 3 and 4 and then residency can be pretty grueling. I may have to pick your brain if questions come up. Where is your hubby in the process now? Is he done with residency? Did the daycare interfere with his studies at all?
originalkat 11:47 AM 06-18-2015
Thank you everyone for the well wishes! Sorry I did not respond sooner. Time got away from me.
daycare 01:54 PM 06-18-2015
Thanks for the advice! We do have 2 kids. They are 8 and 10 yrs old. We have been homeschooling, but they are going to go to a small Christian school next school year because it has become too much to have the daycare (10 kids enrolled now) and homeschool. I just can't do it all. I have heard that these first 2 years wont be too bad, but clinicals in years 3 and 4 and then residency can be pretty grueling. I may have to pick your brain if questions come up. Where is your hubby in the process now? Is he done with residency? Did the daycare interfere with his studies at all?
Anything I can help with let me know. Yes the first two years were not so bad, but the clinicals were pretty demanding on him, which much more work for me. I had a hard time keeping up with daycare and homelife, felt like a single mom at times, but I made a strict routine and made my older kids help me out.

He has graduated and is licensed, just not practicing. LONG STORY, After all we all went through, he decided to open a cross-fit gym in our town and works 2 nights a week in the ER. So basically his business makes zero and he is able to keep it open with the money he makes working in the ER......UGH it's sour grapes with me right now, but I hope he decides to re-enter the field soon.

the school loans are a nightmare and BIG!!!

sorry not trying to scare you. If I was able to make it through all of that with him, no doubt you could.

The daycare didn't interfere with his schooling, he 100% separated himself from the daycare during that time, would go to coffee shops or library to study so not to be bothered by the kids.

It's a long journey, but worth it if your husband fulfills a career in it at it's end.
Tags:husband, husband - super, medical school, second income
Reply Up