Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Happy St. Patty's Day!
CenterTeacher20 06:33 AM 03-17-2021
For the first year ever, EVERY kid in our center showed up in green today for our St. Patty's party!!

They are all so excited and sweet today.
Annalee 06:39 AM 03-17-2021
I forgot to wear green myself; have two of 9 kids in green Yesterday was a rough one and I had some issues last night getting to bed late and woke up well after 6 this morning with two alarms going off so not a good start for me
Blackcat31 07:11 AM 03-17-2021
Happy St Patricks Day!

Here it's not really a holiday that is noticed.
No one wears green and it is mostly just something mentioned on the calendar but that seems to be about it.

Maybe we don't have many people of Irish descent around here *shrugs*
Cat Herder 07:19 AM 03-17-2021
I'm of Irish descent and am not feeling it today.

Technically, it is a remembrance of death so.....

My husband did make the stew, though.
CenterTeacher20 07:37 AM 03-17-2021
My family is Irish.

DCF's probably not so much but we'll take any reason to celebrate here!
Cat Herder 07:52 AM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by CenterTeacher20:
My family is Irish.

DCF's probably not so much but we'll take any reason to celebrate here!
I usually do, too. We are expecting severe weather. The birds are quiet and no squirrels to be found. It is super foggy, raining and soggy wet. It is pretty creepy feeling here. I have a bag packed to hit the basement ready. Eyes to the skies.

Maybe we will celebrate on Friday. Friday is supposed to be beautiful.
Blackcat31 08:03 AM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by CenterTeacher20:

but we'll take any reason to celebrate here!

Opposite here.
I avoid ANY reason the DCK's or parents think we should celebrate.

Every time there is any kind of celebration, the kids think they "deserve" a gift/treat or some type of reward and the parents think it's leverage to get their kids to do X or Y or that it's something they build up to their kids about what's going down at daycare for the day.

ie: a way for them to get out of having to do anything parent related.

Drop and RUN!
284878 12:34 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Opposite here.
I avoid ANY reason the DCK's or parents think we should celebrate.

Every time there is any kind of celebration, the kids think they "deserve" a gift/treat or some type of reward and the parents think it's leverage to get their kids to do X or Y or that it's something they build-up to their kids about what's going down at daycare for the day.

ie: a way for them to get out of having to do anything parent-related.

Drop and RUN!
I skip all parties too.

If I ever consider having one, I just remind my self of all the stress and work that some of you have just do something that none of the parents appericate.
CenterTeacher20 03:02 PM 03-17-2021
Originally Posted by 284878:
I skip all parties too.

If I ever consider having one, I just remind my self of all the stress and work that some of you have just do something that none of the parents appericate.
Ever since my last term, the remaining parents have been SUPER appreciative over everything. Guess word travels fast when most of them work together
Tags:saint patrick's day
Reply Up