Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Anyone have a clever idea for this?
NeedaVaca 06:03 AM 12-16-2014
I am making memory ornaments, I'm putting a little scroll inside with questions filled out by the kids. Favorite activity, favorite tv show, favorite food, future career, Christmas wish list. These will be answered by the kids but I have 2 that are little and can't answer. I can fill it out based on my knowledge of them except future career, that one has me stumped! Anyone have a good idea for Future career for a boy and a girl?
DaveA 06:05 AM 12-16-2014
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca:
I am making memory ornaments, I'm putting a little scroll inside with questions filled out by the kids. Favorite activity, favorite tv show, favorite food, future career, Christmas wish list. These will be answered by the kids but I have 2 that are little and can't answer. I can fill it out based on my knowledge of them except future career, that one has me stumped! Anyone have a good idea for Future career for a boy and a girl?
Go humorous- professional hugger, naptime blanket tester, lego block designer.....
permanentvacation 06:11 AM 12-16-2014
Are they old enough to have a personality yet? Can you make a career out of something from their personality? Or even if they are babies, do they have a habit that you can make a 'career' out of? For example; if it's a baby who 'talks' a lot, maybe his career will be public speaker, if he's constantly hitting people, maybe his career will be professional boxer, those aren't as cute as I was thinking, but you get the idea.

Of course, you could always go with astronaut, and president.
CraftyMom 06:27 AM 12-16-2014
I would go with something funny or off the wall
NeedaVaca 06:40 AM 12-16-2014
I like the idea of it being funny. I'm not having a good day, off my game lol, I tried to think of something and the little girl loves to dance so I thought professional dancer and then went

The little boy pushes dump trucks around all day long-professional dump truck pusher? They both LOVE my cat...uugghh I guess I need some more coffee, keep the ideas coming!!
midaycare 07:03 AM 12-16-2014
Maybe leave career off of theirs and instead make it more factual. Favorite stuffy, favorite food, favorite toy, best buddy at dc, and include stats like height, weight, and a thumbprint from each hand?
Josiegirl 10:26 AM 12-16-2014
No ideas but LOVE the idea of a memory ornament!! Did you see this somewhere? I need to stash it away for next year!
Jack Sprat 11:19 AM 12-16-2014
Love this ideas!! Maybe something based off the parents..for instance my little guys parents LOVE to hunt. So he would be a professional hunter, he also like to scream (for fun), so maybe an actor in horror movies lol!
NeedaVaca 11:58 AM 12-16-2014
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
No ideas but LOVE the idea of a memory ornament!! Did you see this somewhere? I need to stash it away for next year!
Yes, I found it online somewhere. I took a clear ornament, filled it halfway with fake snow, printed out a scroll with the questions (it has a Christmas border on it), wrote down the kids answers, rolled it up and tied it with red and white twine, put it inside the ornament. Used glitter glue pen to write 2014 on the outside of the ornament! Very easy. I'm making them for my own kids too, years from now we can look to see what they wrote down
e.j. 12:04 PM 12-16-2014
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca:
I like the idea of it being funny. I'm not having a good day, off my game lol, I tried to think of something and the little girl loves to dance so I thought professional dancer and then went

The little boy pushes dump trucks around all day long-professional dump truck pusher? They both LOVE my cat...uugghh I guess I need some more coffee, keep the ideas coming!!
Maybe dancer could be changed to ballerina? Dump truck pusher could be construction foreman and as cat lovers, maybe they could be lion tamers??

I love the idea of a memory ornament. Wish you had posted sooner!
Reply Up