Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas>Halloween Party Treats
melskids 12:37 PM 10-20-2011
Does anyone have any good ideas for healthy snacks for our Halloween party? I really DO NOT want to serve cupcakes, cookies, or candy, seeing they will all be out a few hours later trick or treating.

I was thinking veggie monsters or goblins....letting them create monsters (or whatever), with tons of different cut up veggies, and then coloring yogurt green to dip in.

Just looking for some other ideas! Are you all having a party for the kiddos?

thanks!
mismatchedsocks 12:41 PM 10-20-2011
Each day until Halloween I am making one of these treats. How fun! I am not too creative, so this helps!
http://familyfun.go.com/halloween/be...6790/view-all/
dEHmom 12:48 PM 10-20-2011
I want to try these.....

I saw this idea before, if you google cake pops there's unlimited ideas for these. It's still sweet, but it would be fun for the kids to make and it's just a bite basically. You could use oatmeal muffin which is a healthier option. Thats what I am planning to use.

Basically, you take a cake, muffin, or whatever else you want, bake it, cool it, crumble it, then using frosting, you mix it in just until moist enough to form balls, stick a stick in it, and you're supposed to dip it in candy melt (whatever color you need). then you decorate.
Blackcat31 02:37 PM 10-20-2011
We did popcorn ball "pumpkins" last year, dried fruits, yougurt cover raisins, green apples w/fat free caramel and carrot cake cupcakes (minus the frosting).

I tried to not include any candy. Figured they get enough of that elsewhere.
Cat Herder 02:38 PM 10-20-2011
Family Fun Magazine published these
Attached: pizza-mummies-halloween-recipe-photo-160-FF1005ALMAA02.jpg (14.7 KB) apple-bites-halloween-recipe-photo-160-FF1007EFCA01.jpg (8.4 KB) 
melskids 02:54 AM 10-21-2011
oh cool! thanks for all the ideas ladies!!!!
Kaddidle Care 07:13 PM 10-21-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
Family Fun Magazine published these
Love these! Alas, the nuts in the apples.. must think of an alternative. The Mummies are too cute!
meganlavonnesmommy 05:10 AM 10-22-2011
We made the apple smiles yesterday, but used mini marshmallows for the teeth.
Kaddidle Care 06:03 AM 10-22-2011
Oooh - good idea! Thanks!
GretasLittleFriends 07:13 PM 10-22-2011
I made the apple teeth last year and the kids thought they were great!! You could just carve teeth with the apple piece you cut out.
Tags:halloween - ideas, halloween - party, halloween - treats, party snacks, party treats
Reply Up