Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 08-31-2010, 07:20 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Parent E-mail's

What is your policy on sending out mass e-mail's to your parents? Do you allow them each to see everyone else's e-mail addresses or do you blind copy or send out individual e-mail's.

I'm sending out an e-mail to remind parent's that I'm closed on Labor Day. In the past I have always sent out individual e-mail's but wonder if it would be a big deal to just do 1?

I guess paranoid me wonders if the parents will e-mail each other to talk about me. lol :-)
Old 08-31-2010, 07:30 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Professionally, it would be best to blind copy each of them. Word the mass email in such a way that it is obviously not just for them: Attention daycare families, or A quick note to all my families, etc...
Old 08-31-2010, 07:36 AM

I just email them all and they can all see each other's emails. I have a small group and we are all friends here .
Old 08-31-2010, 07:40 AM
Daycare.com Member

See, I wanted to blind copy but cannot for the life of my computer savvy self figure out how to do it on AOL. lol
Old 08-31-2010, 07:52 AM

I've always sent it out to them all without blind copying..I have always worried they would email each other and compare rates etc.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:56 AM
Daycare.com Member

I just send it to everyone.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGT09 View Post
See, I wanted to blind copy but cannot for the life of my computer savvy self figure out how to do it on AOL. lol
Just put the addresses into the "Bcc" spot, instead of the "to" spot. I put all of my parents in one group of contacts, so with one click it adds all the addy's into whatever spot I want.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:05 AM
Daycare.com Member

I don't send anything by email.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:07 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by missnikki View Post
Just put the addresses into the "Bcc" spot, instead of the "to" spot. I put all of my parents in one group of contacts, so with one click it adds all the addy's into whatever spot I want.
There is no BCC spot on AOL mail. I did end up figuring it out but it's a pain in the booty!
Old 08-31-2010, 09:44 AM
Daycare.com Member

Put them in parenthesis. I also do them blind.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:08 AM

I send it out to everyone. We're small here too and everyone knows each other, so it's not a biggie.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:12 AM
Family Childcare Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenderhearts View Post
I don't send anything by email.
I don't either. Just because I never know if they check their email or not and would worry that they wouldn't check it in time or something. I just give everyone the same printed notice and tack an extra on the clipboard on top of the sign-in sheets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGT09 View Post
There is no BCC spot on AOL mail. I did end up figuring it out but it's a pain in the booty!
So how did you figure it out? I have AOL also and always wondered how to do this.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:13 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
Put them in parenthesis. I also do them blind.
Yeah, this is how it does it now that I figured it out. I don't know why I didn't know this already. Thanks!

Tags
email, email to notify, notify