Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Care.com Now Requiring License Numbers?
Baby Beluga 12:18 PM 05-11-2020
Has anyone heard anything about this?

I pay a yearly fee to advertise on Care.com, but I operate legally license exempt in my state. I just received an email from Care.com stating I had to provide my license number by the 15th as they now require it for those who advertise.

Has anyone heard anything about this?

I responded to the Care.com rep with my questions about license exempt providers but am awaiting a response.
Cat Herder 12:27 PM 05-11-2020
I think they asked for mine when I enrolled. I assumed they had options for legally unlicensed since they also have nannies. Not all nannies are licensed, either.
littlefriends 12:51 PM 05-11-2020
They asked me for mine when my time was up to re enroll too. It was last month. Not sure but I don't remember seeing anything about having to or not being able to be a member.
Baby Beluga 01:08 PM 05-11-2020
Hmm, I don't remember being asked for one and my renewal was in January. I hope they don't stop allowing license exempt providers to advertise
AmyKidsCo 12:49 PM 05-12-2020
They've send me several emails saying they're now including licensing information - woo hoo! But every time I've tried to add mine there was some error or another so I gave up.
boy_mom 12:57 PM 05-12-2020
As a former Care.com employee, i can say requiring a license number has been in the works for a while. It's was becoming a liability by allowing unlicensed daycares on the platform, since there is no way to make sure people are following rules and safety guidelines.
Baby Beluga 01:33 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by boy_mom:
As a former Care.com employee, i can say requiring a license number has been in the works for a while. It's was becoming a liability by allowing unlicensed daycares on the platform, since there is no way to make sure people are following rules and safety guidelines.

I understand it, but it still stinks. I just hope they refund my fees if they are not going to allow license exempt providers to advertise. I pay one lump sum each year. Website says no refunds are given, but that was before the new requirement was rolled out.
boy_mom 03:40 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
I understand it, but it still stinks. I just hope they refund my fees if they are not going to allow license exempt providers to advertise. I pay one lump sum each year. Website says no refunds are given, but that was before the new requirement was rolled out.
I agree, there are a lot of great providers out there who are licensed exempt, but hopefully they will be able to create a way for those provides advertise.

I would def call customer care for a refund, especially if you arent being allowed to advertise anymore!
Baby Beluga 03:56 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by boy_mom:
I agree, there are a lot of great providers out there who are licensed exempt, but hopefully they will be able to create a way for those provides advertise.

I would def call customer care for a refund, especially if you arent being allowed to advertise anymore!
I hope so too!
hwichlaz 08:07 AM 06-16-2020
do you get an ID number with your background check or anything that you could use? a registration number of some sort?
Baby Beluga 08:18 AM 06-16-2020
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
do you get an ID number with your background check or anything that you could use? a registration number of some sort?
I spoke to a rep though and they said it was sent to me by mistake She said when I signed up I did so as licensed exempt and at least for the remainder of my current advert year I did not have anything to worry about. When it is time to renew, I will ask again how they want to handle it.
Tags:care.com
Reply Up