Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I'm Celebrating!
Sunchimes 08:43 AM 01-09-2012
I finally pulled together everything that you guys have taught me the last few months and made a handbook and a contract. No more drop in fees. Late fees, set hours (as much as possible with the weird schedules we have), pay based on contracted hours not attendance, etc. I was pretty confident about 2 of them because nothing changed for them except it was in writing. The last one had me afraid because she went from me being on stand-by 6 days a week and only paying when she was here to paying a weekly minimum. She took it home on Friday, and brought it back this morning, all signed.

Of course, she's going on maternity leave next week and I told her it would take effect when she came back in 6 weeks (which is also her first anniversary with me). She may have signed it now to avoid issues for the next 10 days and will use her maternity leave to find someone else. ;-)

But, no questions, no issues, no trouble. Whew, that's that until the next anniversary in July, when I may raise rates.
Blackcat31 08:51 AM 01-09-2012
Originally Posted by Sunchimes:
I finally pulled together everything that you guys have taught me the last few months and made a handbook and a contract. No more drop in fees. Late fees, set hours (as much as possible with the weird schedules we have), pay based on contracted hours not attendance, etc. I was pretty confident about 2 of them because nothing changed for them except it was in writing. The last one had me afraid because she went from me being on stand-by 6 days a week and only paying when she was here to paying a weekly minimum. She took it home on Friday, and brought it back this morning, all signed.

Of course, she's going on maternity leave next week and I told her it would take effect when she came back in 6 weeks (which is also her first anniversary with me). She may have signed it now to avoid issues for the next 10 days and will use her maternity leave to find someone else. ;-)
But, no questions, no issues, no trouble. Whew, that's that until the next anniversary in July, when I may raise rates.

Will you be holding an infant space for her during this time she will be out? If she does decide to look for new care while on leave, then you will be out the first kid AND the baby so I hope that isn't really her plan....

Nice job putting out the new handbook though, having set rules you enforce does make the job a lot easier and more enjoyable.
Sunchimes 09:11 AM 01-09-2012
I am holding a space, although she isn't paying anything. I agreed before I found you guys and knew I could do that.

If I lose the dcg, I will be devastated because I've had her since infancy and she's like one of my grandkids. Wouldn't mind losing the baby-not much of a newborn fan. But, it will just leave me one opening, the one that is being termed can stay, and I have a few who have called and odds are one will move right into the spot--with more profitable arrangements.

If she leaves, I'll have a tough time getting use to not having dcg (she goes to family reunions with us!), but I've had to make adjustments before. I'll get over it.
Tags:contract - revisions, maternity leave, maternity leave contract, maternity leave letter
Reply Up