Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Maternity Leave Was Short, But I'm Happy To Have The Kids Back!
littlemommy 06:24 AM 01-31-2012
We had our baby girl two weeks ago on our son's 2nd birthday! I had planned on taking a short maternity leave, and brought the kids back in yesterday, after having 2 weeks off. My son is soo happy they are back. It was hard for him not having kids his age to play with when that's what he's used to. Surprisingly the dc kids didn't take much time to adjust to being back!

Yesterday threw another change at us, too. My DH left for his new job. He'll be working 2.5 hours away, and will be coming home on the weekends. We're glad that he was able to find a good job, it just stinks that it has all happened at this time. DS didn't sleep very well last night
GretasLittleFriends 06:33 AM 01-31-2012
Congratulations on the new baby and DH's new job!! That is a lot of exciting changes.

Routine is probably what is best for the kids, both your son and his friends. I'm glad you are well enough to have them back. Do you have a helper? My MIL was here (her 1st granddaughter) and my DH took some time to stay home. He travels a lot (owns his own small trucking company and is a driver). He went back to work after my first week back to daycare.

I also took a short maternity leave. I took the week before off just to be safe. She was due May 6, and was born April 28. I had kids Sundays and planned to reopen May 9th (after her birthdate was early), but realized that was Mother's day, so I opened Monday the 10th. LOL
Blackcat31 06:37 AM 01-31-2012
Congratulations on the new baby!!
littlemommy 06:39 AM 01-31-2012
Originally Posted by GretasLittleFriends:
Congratulations on the new baby and DH's new job!! That is a lot of exciting changes.

Routine is probably what is best for the kids, both your son and his friends. I'm glad you are well enough to have them back. Do you have a helper? My MIL was here (her 1st granddaughter) and my DH took some time to stay home. He travels a lot (owns his own small trucking company and is a driver). He went back to work after my first week back to daycare.

I also took a short maternity leave. I took the week before off just to be safe. She was due May 6, and was born April 28. I had kids Sundays and planned to reopen May 9th (after her birthdate was early), but realized that was Mother's day, so I opened Monday the 10th. LOL
I don't have a full-time helper, but both of our families are all in the area and are more than happy to help if I need it. DH keeps reminding me not to be afraid to ask for help.

I told the parents our situation, and that I will be here until our house sells. It's not even on the market yet-we still have a couple projects to finish up. It's going to be a tough couple months, but we'll make it!
AnneCordelia 06:44 AM 01-31-2012
Congratulations!!! I hope it all falls into place soon!
Tags:maternity leave
Reply Up