Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Some Things Fall In Your Lap...
coolconfidentme 03:45 AM 01-30-2014
I had a parent who I termed for not scanning in her time for her free DC vouchers. She owed that & the 2 week notice. She sent me a F U text saying I'll never see that money. She moved (the very next day) before I could file small claims on her & I have been looking for her since.

Yesterday I got a text from her asking how much she paid in DC so she could do her taxes. I calmly replied I will be mailing out the statements on the 31st & asked if her address was current on file. She quickly sent her new address. I couldn't get to the courthouse fast enough to file the small claims papers! All the ladies in the clerk's offices laughed so hard when I told them the story. I don't think anything can wipe this smile off my face.
jessrlee 03:47 AM 01-30-2014
. That's so funny! Way to go!
NeedaVaca 03:49 AM 01-30-2014
Ha ha! Way to go
Naptime yet? 04:51 AM 01-30-2014
That is AWESOME! Good for you!
MotherNature 04:57 AM 01-30-2014
That's hilarious! Good for you.
momofsix 04:57 AM 01-30-2014
Love it!
Second Home 05:36 AM 01-30-2014
Good for you !!
Patches 05:44 AM 01-30-2014
That's so funny! I would love to see her face when she realizes what she did. Maybe she'll think twice about screwing over her daycare provider from now on
coolconfidentme 06:13 AM 01-30-2014
Originally Posted by Patches:
That's so funny! I would love to see her face when she realizes what she did. Maybe she'll think twice about screwing over her daycare provider from now on
I think I will send her a statement along with a thank you note for the address update, lol.
cheerfuldom 06:18 AM 01-30-2014
keep us updated!
Play Care 06:22 AM 01-30-2014
This made my day
MyAngels 06:29 AM 01-30-2014
I'd tell her that the "statement" will be hand delivered, when will you be home? Then give it to your process server along with the summons
SilverSabre25 06:29 AM 01-30-2014
lmao! That's awesome. Good luck!
Shell 06:32 AM 01-30-2014
not too smart on her part!
coolconfidentme 06:33 AM 01-30-2014
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
I'd tell her that the "statement" will be hand delivered, when will you be home? Then give it to your process server along with the summons
That's too funny!!! Can my smile get any bigger??
Meeko 06:41 AM 01-30-2014
Oh I love it!
Blackcat31 08:40 AM 01-30-2014
Originally Posted by coolconfidentme:
I had a parent who I termed for not scanning in her time for her free DC vouchers. She owed that & the 2 week notice. She sent me a F U text saying I'll never see that money. She moved (the very next day) before I could file small claims on her & I have been looking for her since.

Yesterday I got a text from her asking how much she paid in DC so she could do her taxes. I calmly replied I will be mailing out the statements on the 31st & asked if her address was current on file. She quickly sent her new address. I couldn't get to the courthouse fast enough to file the small claims papers! All the ladies in the clerk's offices laughed so hard when I told them the story. I don't think anything can wipe this smile off my face.
Haha! That IS funny! I love when someone "thinks" they have pulled one over on you and then screw themselves in the process.

I had a DCM I termed for disrespecting me/policies etc .

When she called my licensor to report me, she apparently gave them some sort of info that lead to her case worker to look into something else and now the DCM is being charged with welfare fraud....

I tried hard not to laugh when giving my deposition to the fraud investigators.
coolconfidentme 09:24 AM 01-30-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Haha! That IS funny! I love when someone "thinks" they have pulled one over on you and then screw themselves in the process.

I had a DCM I termed for disrespecting me/policies etc .

When she called my licensor to report me, she apparently gave them some sort of info that lead to her case worker to look into something else and now the DCM is being charged with welfare fraud....

I tried hard not to laugh when giving my deposition to the fraud investigators.
Karma is a bad mofo to be messing with!!!
Cat Herder 09:53 AM 01-30-2014
I'd feel inclined to also register her for every type of "living with your STD" mailing there was....

Fingers crossed you collect from her
melilley 09:56 AM 01-30-2014
That's awesome! And yes, Karma is a bit**!
Blackcat31 09:56 AM 01-30-2014
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I'd feel inclined to also register her for every type of "living with your STD" mailing there was....

that's good!
melilley 09:56 AM 01-30-2014
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
That would be awesome!
daycarediva 09:57 AM 01-30-2014

omg Im DYING NOW!

My dh and late BIL used to do things like this. He LOVED his free subscription to gay p o r n mags. Dh even wrapped the card up with his housewarming gift.
ColorfulSunburst 10:24 AM 01-30-2014
she forgot "don't bite the hand that feeds you"
In Russia we speak so: "don't spit into the well, later you could need drink water from there"
My3cents 10:49 AM 01-30-2014

thanks for the chuckle.........good ones-
This thread just kept getting better thanks all I needed this today
Cat Herder 11:14 AM 01-30-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
that's good!
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
omg Im DYING NOW!

My dh and late BIL used to do things like this. He LOVED his free subscription to gay p o r n mags. Dh even wrapped the card up with his housewarming gift.
Well, her very last text communication with OP was "F U" so the mailings won't be too off direction....
coolconfidentme 01:58 PM 01-30-2014
Well, her very last text communication with OP was "F U" so the mailings won't be too off direction....
I need to think of something sassy to say to her in court. Help me with that one peeps!
grandmom 02:38 PM 01-30-2014
First, good on you.

Second, don't give her any idea that you've filed in court. She could avoid the server.

Third, don't the people at the FREE CHILD CARE service place want to know she hasn't paid her co-pay bill?
Childminder 02:51 PM 01-30-2014
Originally Posted by :
You aren't required to mail her a receipt at tax time. But you probably know that.
Cat Herder 02:59 PM 01-30-2014
Originally Posted by coolconfidentme:
I need to think of something sassy to say to her in court. Help me with that one peeps!
No.

In court I'd recommend keeping it facts only. No emotion. No eye rolling. Not one extra syllable than you have to utter.

Not one.

Stick with passive aggressive plotting in your head for fun. It is a great stress relief.

What shows outwardly should be calm, composed and respectable. What you display to the public is who you ARE to the public.
coolconfidentme 04:26 AM 01-31-2014
Originally Posted by Childminder:
You aren't required to mail her a receipt at tax time. But you probably know that.
Yep.., I know that but she doesn't. If she was smart, she would have kept the statement I gave her with her term notice, lol.

No.

In court I'd recommend keeping it facts only. No emotion. No eye rolling. Not one extra syllable than you have to utter.

Not one.

Stick with passive aggressive plotting in your head for fun. It is a great stress relief.

What shows outwardly should be calm, composed and respectable. What you display to the public is who you ARE to the public.
Exactly! I use to be a state police officer & own rental properties. I've done the court dance a bunch of times. I love it when they start with the emotions & lies. I then asked them to read what the contract states. Game over...
Leigh 06:18 AM 01-31-2014
Originally Posted by grandmom:
First, good on you.

Second, don't give her any idea that you've filed in court. She could avoid the server.

Third, don't the people at the FREE CHILD CARE service place want to know she hasn't paid her co-pay bill?
I thought this, too...she wouldn't get any assistance until her bill was paid in my state.
coolconfidentme 07:20 AM 01-31-2014
Originally Posted by grandmom:
First, good on you.

The sheriff serves the papers to whoever answers the door. It doesn't matter who that person is. (LOVE!)

I called them & they only dropped her from my program & she goes back on a waiting list for new funding with a new provider. (SAD)
Tags:funny, justice, small claims court, subsidy, subsidy issues
Reply Up