Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Holiday and Vacation Time
Unregistered 12:08 PM 01-02-2018
Hey all!
I'm new to this forum, but this is my second year operating an in home center. I can't wait to read back through these threads to see if other issues I am having are addressed, but I thought I would start with this one.
I have been catering to teachers and their children, having been a former teacher myself. After my first year, I have adjusted my contract and policies, but I feel I am still a pretty good deal... every family gets three weeks off, no pay. This is for the week between Christmas and New Year's, and for mid winter and spring breaks. They also only pay three days for thanksgiving week.
The previous year, I didn't charge for any other school vacation days. Financially it really hurt and I decided that any other 4 day work weeks would still be a full week pay. They also do pay for snow days and sick days for their children.
Where I see their savings is that they don't have to pay all summer. They give a 2 week deposit to hold their spot and this can be used for the first 2 weeks of care in september.
From my experience, many centers charge or make children come in the summer and I thought this change was more than fair.
Two of my families didn't pay me for a full week this week (returning from new years). It hasn't been a problem before... and now I am questioning if my policy is fair or if I should reconsider it... or were they just not paying attention, or confused because it was coming off the unpaid week last week.
My question is really, how are national holidays handled... when you are closed... does a family pay full price all week every week regardless?
Thanks!
Tags:deposits, holiday schedule, paid vacations, vacation
Up