Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>2 Week Trial
Nurse Jackie 09:30 AM 07-13-2016
I havent had anyone stop care in the 2 week trail period but wondering exactly how you ladies/gentlman do it? If a little on starts on a Monday and the parents decide to pull on Wednesday do you refund for the remainder of the week? I'm still somewhat new to the daycare thing for the most part so when I start a little one I usually use their payment to buy supplies such as bedding or sheets etc. they may need.
Blackcat31 09:42 AM 07-13-2016
Originally Posted by Nurse Jackie:
I havent had anyone stop care in the 2 week trail period but wondering exactly how you ladies/gentlman do it? If a little on starts on a Monday and the parents decide to pull on Wednesday do you refund for the remainder of the week? I'm still somewhat new to the daycare thing for the most part so when I start a little one I usually use their payment to buy supplies such as bedding or sheets etc. they may need.
I also have a 2 week trial period.

If the parent decides not to sign on at ANY time during the two week trial period, yes I would refund any money paid for services not yet provided.

If I decide at any time during the 2 week trial period not to sign the family on permanently I would do the same as above...

I don't treat any child as a regularly enrolled child until after the trial period is over. This includes spending any fees paid.
Nurse Jackie 10:10 AM 07-13-2016
Ok thanks Blackcat
Unregistered 10:12 AM 07-13-2016
I have termed during this period - twice. One time the boys, brothers, caused a hole in my wall from playing too rough. That was a first night termination. I didn't take accept any money from her.

The second one was unusual. The dcg was coming only a day or two a week over the summer. She never got fully adjusted and screamed the entire day she was here. I termed after 5 weeks. But I had the entire summer as a trial period because of low attendance. I gave back the deposit.
thrivingchildcarecom 10:15 AM 07-13-2016
Just like you I haven't had that happen in 12 years so I can't really speak from experience here. What I would suggest is that if you need to purchase supplies for a new enrollee, I would suggest adding an enrollment fee that is nonrefundable. That way you are not out of money spent if someone ever decides to pull out.
Nurse Jackie 10:26 AM 07-13-2016
Thriving good idea!
laundrymom 10:29 AM 07-13-2016
My deposit is for two weeks. If they pull they lose it. If I term I refund.
DaveA 10:32 AM 07-13-2016
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
If they pull they lose it. If I term I refund.
I don't charge a deposit but this is what I do with the tuition. My contract says I have 30 days to mail a refund if I term.
AmyKidsCo 05:10 PM 07-13-2016
How do you have this worded in your policies? I don't have a trial period but am thinking of adding it. The thing is, IMO it takes at least a month for a child to become comfortable enough to be "themselves."
Nurse Jackie 05:40 PM 07-13-2016
yes how do u word it
Tags:trial period
Reply Up