Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Illness From Your Own House
Bonnie 06:25 AM 01-11-2011
We had a terrible very contagious stomach flu that went thru my own family, 3 kids 1 by 1 over a week. Did not know how contagious it was until all the DC families ended up getting it and their extended families. It was terrible. Needless to say I felt awful too but how do you ever know what is that contagious until it is too late. I was just wondering how other folks handle those embarrasing situations.
DCMomOf3 10:00 AM 01-11-2011
You just put it behind you. I can hardly think a provider would purposely get the entire dc sick. Usually you are contagious before you realize you are sick.

Welcome!
Michael 10:38 AM 01-11-2011
Welcome to the forum Bonnie!
SandeeAR 10:54 AM 01-11-2011
It happens. When I started my daycare, Jan 2010. Two weeks into care, I came down with H1N1. Thankfully,, I only had one kid that day. She came down with it 3 days later and then shared with her Dad!

This year, I got the flu shot in September!
SilverSabre25 11:47 AM 01-11-2011
If your stomach flu was this vomiting and/or diarrhea thing, then you should in no way feel bad because it seems to be everywhere. And anyway...the dcks were probably exposed long before you guys knew you sick. Don't feel bad. Sick happens.
jen 11:54 AM 01-11-2011
It happens! Don't beat yourself up.
mac60 01:15 PM 01-11-2011
How do you truly know it came from you and your family....It is terrible here, today a kid puked on my living room carpet....GRRRR, I am so sick of sick kids. Don't beat yourself up over it. Not your fault.
dEHmom 01:21 PM 01-11-2011
quite a few years back we all managed to get the flu. it came as quick as it went. it lasted less than 24 hrs, and it managed to make its way all the way back to the usa when family came to town, and visited with family, and we visted with that family. apparently it wasn't the flu, it was something called norwalk, and it is generally passed through baby feces, ewww. I am an extreme hand washer, and wash my hands thoroughly and constantly, so its not like i changed baby diapers and spread it everywhere. No idea where it came from or how it started, as I wasn't doing daycare then, and we hadn't been to a mall or anything, and my kids weren't in school yet.

but I was pretty red faced when the people driving on a 8 hr trip back to usa from canada had to pull over for almost a day because they couldn't drive more than 10 minutes before looking for a bathroom. :S
Tags:bacteria, sickness, stomach flu
Reply Up