Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Rage Continued.....
Cat Herder 04:30 PM 06-03-2011
This is from the Huffington Post. Todays edition. Seems to be a continuing trend, now... The comments are awesome but I can't seem to be able to link... Technical assist would be most appreciated from a more computer gifted soul.

ADELANTO, Calif. — An 11-year-old California boy at an alternative school for at-risk students is accused of punching his fifth-grade teacher in the face and breaking her nose.

San Bernardino County sheriff's investigators say the teacher was attacked around 9 a.m. Thursday at the Adelanto Community Day School in Adelanto, about 85 miles northeast of Los Angeles.

The teacher was taken to a nearby Mojave Desert hospital for treatment. The boy is in juvenile hall for investigation of assault.

Investigators tell the Victorville Daily Press that the boy became upset when the teacher asked him to move to another seat in the classroom. The boy refused to move and yelled at the teacher before getting up and punching her.
sharlan 05:12 PM 06-03-2011
Adelanto is a rough area. Not one where I would like to live.
Crystal 05:39 PM 06-03-2011
It's unfortunate that we are seeing more and more of this. Sadly, teachers have no ability to really stop the violence, and should they decide to restrain a child who acts out like this the teacher would be the one charged. I have seen it happen here recently when a teacher held a child around the arms and waist when he tried to attack....the teacher was arrested.

Hopefully the child will get more than a slap on the hand and he will remember the consequences enough to not ever want to repeat the behavior.
Crystal 05:40 PM 06-03-2011
here is your link:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_870916.html
MG&Lsmom 09:19 AM 06-04-2011
Originally Posted by Crystal:

Hopefully the child will get more than a slap on the hand and he will remember the consequences enough to not ever want to repeat the behavior.
Unfortunately if the child has a behavior plan or IEP in place that documents a 'disability' and that aggression is part of the disability, NOTHING will happen to him. Maybe a suspension. But the schools can't do anything beyond a 2 week suspension without a hearing to determine if the disability 'caused' the aggression. In 99% of case, it does and the kid goes back to school as the hero who got to punch a teacher. Ask me how I know this? I was assaulted by a special needs student my 5th year of teaching. I was cornered and hit repeatedly, he kept me captive in my classroom for 45 minutes (think hostage). I could not even sue his parents for the sick time I was not paid for. His 'disability', temporary PTSD from being bullied in Kindergarten. He was in the 8th grade. All I asked him to do was pick up a paper he dropped in the hall at dismissal time.
Tags:rage, rage baby, violence
Reply Up