Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>To All Minnesotans...
Breezy 11:52 AM 01-25-2012
Please please please warm it up and get rid of the snow! I am vacationing up there next wek until the 19th and I am SO not used to the cold anymore!!!! Brrrr I dont even own a winter jacket!!
Blackcat31 12:00 PM 01-25-2012
Bahahahahaahahahahahah!!!

We are in the middle of a heat wave right now! It is 32 F here and my dck's have literally been outside ALL day (except lunch). Last week it was in the negative numbers so this is what your are getting!

We also have very little snow right now which in my opinion makes it seem colder.

What part of the state are you headed?
Breezy 12:03 PM 01-25-2012
My parents live in New Hope. Husbands parents live in Edina. We will be staying at my aunts in Plymouth and I will be visiting family in Big Lake at some point I am sure!
Blackcat31 12:10 PM 01-25-2012
Oh well then you are still almost 5 hours south of me and it is much warmer down there...... It is cold enough up north here that even southern Minnesotan's stay away! LOL!!
Breezy 12:15 PM 01-25-2012
Whew, thank goodness. So excited! We are driving though which kinda stinks but oh well.
kidkair 12:33 PM 01-25-2012
Originally Posted by Breezy:
Please please please warm it up and get rid of the snow! I am vacationing up there next wek until the 19th and I am SO not used to the cold anymore!!!! Brrrr I dont even own a winter jacket!!
Sorry, I'm still wishing for a snow storm! We need the snow!
MNMum 12:38 PM 01-25-2012
You are going to MN for a vacation in January? That doesn't sound like a vacation to me...I'll be heading somewhere warm! It's been great here the past 2 days! Much prettier with a little snow. And I agree with PP, it feels warmer with the snow, weird, huh!
Breezy 12:43 PM 01-25-2012
Originally Posted by MNMum:
You are going to MN for a vacation in January? That doesn't sound like a vacation to me...I'll be heading somewhere warm! It's been great here the past 2 days! Much prettier with a little snow. And I agree with PP, it feels warmer with the snow, weird, huh!
My DS's first birthday is Feb 15th so we are going home to celebrate. We will also be getting him baptised as his soon to be godmother (my older sister from FL) is meeting us in MN. My husband is in the military and stationed here in AZ and was on a deployment at the beginning of the year and hasnt seen his family in 2 years or more. So it will be a relaxing cold vacation! We have basically no family here in AZ and we both have huge families in MN
Zoe 01:41 PM 01-25-2012
I don't know Blackcat, just because you're more up North (dontcha know ) than I am, doesn't necessarily mean it's warmer down here! It has been in the twenties for a little while since we got snow finally.

But you know, our weather is so unpredictable who knows?! It could be in the 50s by the time you get up here, or 20 below!

But I'll work on it for ya. I Minnesota!
mema 02:13 PM 01-25-2012
The sun is peaking out thru out the day today!! We made it outside almost all morning everyday this week!! Gotta love the low 30's

I believe the 10 day forecast has us staying in the 30's (at least in the southern portion of the state!)

Enjoy your little vaca and visiting with fam!
Blackcat31 03:14 PM 01-25-2012
Originally Posted by Zoe:
I don't know Blackcat, just because you're more up North (dontcha know ) than I am, doesn't necessarily mean it's warmer down here! It has been in the twenties for a little while since we got snow finally.

But you know, our weather is so unpredictable who knows?! It could be in the 50s by the time you get up here, or 20 below!

But I'll work on it for ya. I Minnesota!
Ya, I knew that but figured normally it is warmer....but then again, I shouldn't bank on normal either huh? LOL!
laundrymom 04:13 PM 01-25-2012
Black, how old are your kids?
Abigail 04:23 PM 01-25-2012
Wow we only get outside 20 minutes at a time and we're in tear because our fingers are cold and our snot is running across our cheeks and we keep tripping in our first "real" snowfall this year. I need winter boots myself so I can stop shoveling paths around my yard!
laundrymom 06:09 PM 01-25-2012
I have a 4, two 3's, four 2's & a 15,14&11 months. Its so hard to get out when its cold snowy,icy.
MissK 08:56 AM 01-26-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Bahahahahaahahahahahah!!!

We are in the middle of a heat wave right now! It is 32 F here and my dck's have literally been outside ALL day (except lunch). Last week it was in the negative numbers so this is what your are getting!

We also have very little snow right now which in my opinion makes it seem colder.

What part of the state are you headed?

^^^^ Exactly! It should be sub zero temps with windchill to boot this time of year. Today is 30 degrees and theres maybe a couple inches of snow here. This is more like October weather! It may be sad that its still technically below freezing and we still feel spoiled....
Blackcat31 09:10 AM 01-26-2012
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
Black, how old are your kids?
My youngest is 7 months and my oldest is 5.

The infant (the 7 month old one) could not care less if we were standing in a car wash...just as long as he is being held.

I also have 3 toddlers who are 20, 20.5 and 23 months. They LOVE outdoors and the rest of mine are 3-5 years old.
kidkair 12:56 PM 01-26-2012
I wish we had the much snow! We can still see grass everywhere! The kids get rather bored with no snow mounds to climb on.
Reply Up