Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Halloween Activities
lovemykidstoo 07:02 AM 10-28-2018
I usually don't do a ton of things for Halloween since I do it the actual day and figure the kids do enough with trick or treating with their family. I have them put their costumes on at the end of the day and we go to about 4 of my immediate neighbors houses and they trick or treat. Does anyone have any ideas of what you're doing? I thought maybe we could make slime. Does anyone have a good recipe? What are your plans? I have 3 and unders
Meeko 11:59 AM 10-28-2018
We do face paint and have a candy exchange. The kids decorate bags and then share out the treats they bring.

I don't allow costumes at all.

Super hero boys just use them as an excuse to kick the crap out of each other. Some kids don't have a costume and spend the day feeling left out. Costumes are not diaper or bathroom friendly. I have had parents actually tell me that because we did a bunch of stuff...they don't need to take their child trick or treating! A girl with a princess dress on, stood on the hem and it ripped. Mommy thought I should pay for it!!!!!!!!!

No more!
e.j. 12:29 PM 10-28-2018
Right now, all of my kids are 2 and under. I'm planning to do a low key celebration as usual - Halloween themed books, snack and craft, maybe a couple of games like Throw the Ring on the Witch's Hat (or toss the bean bags into her cauldron). Other than that, it'll be a regular day since the kids are too young to get it anyway. I let the parents decide whether or not to bring the kids in costume. I really don't like being responsible for keeping the costumes clean and ready for trick or treat at night.
Josiegirl 03:16 PM 10-28-2018
Yep, not much going on here either; 2 and under except from 3:00 on and I bet they'll be picked up a little bit early. I hope.
Just special treats at snack, balloons, a couple super simple games and lots of outdoor time. I'm not even going to bake anything, just pick up something at the grocery store bakery.
Gee, I've gotten lazy.
I did get them each a Halloween themed book.
flying_babyb 07:21 PM 10-28-2018
We do the toss in the cauldron every year. Usually toss rings on my witches hat. We also plan to make handprint spiders. other than that, nothing! I'll be too buzy counting down to my 5 days off!
Cat Herder 06:10 AM 10-29-2018
We are doing a small party and handprint/footprint crafts. Mine are majority under two this year. Trick or treating is from 5-8 here, my town is ridiculously into micro-management. Hopefully, most will be gone early. Want to take bets on the likelihood of that?
Ariana 07:25 AM 10-29-2018
Similar here as well. Costumes and pumpkin pancakes and some crafts. Maybe balloons if I can find orange ones.
Tags:halloween, halloween - ideas, halloween -crafts, halloween activities
Reply Up