Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Four Year Old With Visibly Rotting Teeth....
youretooloud 12:08 PM 05-19-2011
One of my girls had several teeth pulled a few months back.

Lately, she's been saying "I can't eat that, it makes my teeth hurt". So, a few weeks ago, I looked really close in her mouth, and at least four of her back bottom teeth are rotting. I bought a child's toothbrush and had her brush really well, then even chew gum, and I looked again, they were still black. So, I told mom "Her teeth hurt again, and I think I can see cavities".

I mentioned it again Tuesday, and today, her mom said "We can't afford to have the rest of her teeth pulled, and I just don't want to go through it again". I can understand that completely... I hated getting braces put on my kids, I can't imagine dealing with this. But, I suggested they at least GO see a dentist... maybe it's just a matter of fillings. Because they were just in the dentist about two months ago. How can it have gone bad so quickly?

She just brushed me off. I am pretty sure they have no intentions of fixing it.

I don't blame them for not wanting to do this.. I totally get that it's a huge financial burden, and none of us can stand the thought of putting our kids through that at this age. But, still.... It's baby bottle rot. That's their fault. They wouldn't take the bottle from her (she still uses it at home) and she goes to bed with it. So, if they are the ones who inflicted this, they should try to fix it too.

SHe's also the second child in less than a month with dental problems, I have a five year old who's parents wont take her in for dental work. They claim the dentists won't see them til age six. (um.. then another dentist maybe???)
Crystal 12:18 PM 05-19-2011
Plain and simple, that is neglect. If she refuse to take her to the dentist, I'd say this is reportable. And, I'm not playing. I'd be calling NOW.

I'd ask her if SHE would live with that or if SHE would get her self to the dentist.

Poor baby.
wdmmom 12:36 PM 05-19-2011
Both of my nieces had their baby teeth rot. They seen a pediatric dentist who determined that they had no enamel on their teeth. Dad had dentures at 17 because of the same thing.

I wouldn't go pointing fingers of bottle rot or whatever. I would tell the mom that it's clearly an underlying problem that needs immediate attention. It's not affecting the child's attendance in daycare but given this child will attend school, a dental exam is required before entrance.

Since you already told the mom of the problem, there isn't much else you can do. I would make note daily of whether the child is eating or not and again bring it up to DCM or DCD and tell them that she needs dental attention, especially if she isn't eating.

Regardless of the financial burden or not, they decided to have this child, now it's time for them to step up to the plate as parents and get this child the medical attention she requires! And if they don't you clearly need to report this as child neglect.
safechner 01:15 PM 05-19-2011
Does she have insurance to cover that? She have to accept that to pay part of it or insurance pay for 100%. My insurance will pay 100% for filling and cavities. It is not fair for this little girl. I can't do that to my kids. If my kids are in pain and I will take them to the dentist with small payment plan or whatever.

I would report if she refuse to take her to the dentist. Poor little girl!
countrymom 02:02 PM 05-19-2011
acually if she explained the situation to a dentist, she would be amazed at how many would help her out with her situation.
youretooloud 02:09 PM 05-19-2011
Originally Posted by safechner:
Does she have insurance to cover that? She have to accept that to pay part of it or insurance pay for 100%. My insurance will pay 100% for filling and cavities. It is not fair for this little girl. I can't do that to my kids. If my kids are in pain and I will take them to the dentist with small payment plan or whatever.

They do have insurance, but it was used up with the last teeth extractions and dental work until January. So, I DO get what they are dealing with.

As far as enamel... I asked mom that, and she said "the dentist said it was just bottle rot".

They need to either take the bottle away, or put water only in it, or stop allowing her to have it in bed.
Live and Learn 02:28 PM 05-19-2011
Originally Posted by youretooloud:

she said "the dentist said it was just bottle rot".

They need to either take the bottle away, or put water only in it, or stop allowing her to have it in bed.
What the he77?! She is FOUR YEARS OLD! She is three years late taking away the bottle....and we never, ever, ever give a bottle in bed.

LAZY MOM!
countrymom 02:52 PM 05-19-2011
I've got one for you, dcg has silver caps all over alot of her teeth and she's 5. Her dad says it sugar that is eating her teeth, so guess what she had for breakfast, a blue fruit roll up (her mouth was all blue thats why I asked) so I guess some people don't care that they wreck their childrens teeth. You should see her mouth how many silver caps she has, when she gets older she will be embarressed.
Hunni Bee 05:08 PM 05-19-2011
A mom kept her daughter home Friday because she was having "dental surgery".

I looked in her mouth today, everything from her canines back is capped.

I know most of my kids don't brush their teeth in the morning because their breath is awful...I try to have them brush their teeth at daycare with me, but lately I just haven't been able to manage it...I lost my assistant and it's just too much before nap. I may have them start doing it when they get up.

Some parents actually don't care if their their preschooler's teeth rot because they are baby teeth and they think, oh they'll just fall out anyway.
Mom_of_two 05:22 PM 05-19-2011
The child is in pain. I think that issue needs to be addressed!! If it were my child I would go through any and every channel to find a way to get it done, state/city programs, dental college-whatever. It is their responsibility regardless of financial burden (and kinda scary that the child's pain is just ignored.) I agree that it is neglectful and the child needs an adult to help her since obviously her parents wont. Keep us posted!!
momofboys 06:03 PM 05-19-2011
Originally Posted by safechner:

That's great that your ins pays 100%. Ours does not. . . & we have pretty good insurance but it still only pays a portion. I do feel for the little girl & agree she should be seen but can understand the financial aspect. WTH was she doing still letting her have a botttle? That I do not understand!
Crystal 06:12 PM 05-19-2011
Originally Posted by Hunni Bee:
Some parents actually don't care if their their preschooler's teeth rot because they are baby teeth and they think, oh they'll just fall out anyway.
Besides the obvious pain for the child, the parents need to realize that poor dental hygeine does not only affect the teeth. Decay THAT bad can and will lead to other health issues. This particular case is a serious issue. The child has already had teeth pulled and needs MORE pulled. THAT is neglect. It is DISGUSTING that the parent is not taking care of it. I can assure you no adult would suffer that pain - they would find a way to fix it.

They should be embarrassed an ashamed.
Crystal 06:13 PM 05-19-2011
Originally Posted by momofboys:
That's great that your ins pays 100%. Ours does not. . . & we have pretty good insurance but it still only pays a portion. I do feel for the little girl & agree she should be seen but can understand the financial aspect. WTH was she doing still letting her have a botttle? That I do not understand!
I would find any and every piece of literature out there regarding baby bottle tooth decay and the health implications that can result. I'd then give it to the parent and ask them to please educate themselves.

I'd also find a list of community resources that will help them get the services their child needs.
Kaddidle Care 06:26 PM 05-19-2011
Lately, she's been saying "I can't eat that, it makes my teeth hurt".
She needs to be able to eat. How horrible for the child to be neglected in this way.

Mom needs to find a Dentist that is willing to do a payment plan. She should also look into State Insurance if there is any in your State if she can't afford dental work for her child.

But.. there's a big difference in not being able to afford something and not being willing to spend money on something.
nannyde 06:43 PM 05-19-2011
Originally Posted by Crystal:
I would find any and every piece of literature out there regarding baby bottle tooth decay and the health implications that can result. I'd then give it to the parent and ask them to please educate themselves.

I'd also find a list of community resources that will help them get the services their child needs.
Yes this

Also keep in mind that kids with "bottle mouth" have a lot higher liklihood of busting teeth out if they fall face first.

The teeth are weak and even a good bump to the side of the couch or a fall on the sidewalk can be enough to knock them out.

I've seen that twice in my years of caring for kids. Didn't happen on my watch but it could of.
CdnMumof4 08:06 PM 05-19-2011
...might not be 'baby bottle rot' or their fault..just putting this out there. A friend of mine's 2yr old had to have several teeth pulled and had dental surgery , because they started rotting - it was nothing they caused, but it was something going on inside his own body. He has some rapid decay rate or something, but it's an actual medical condition. so- it may not be as simple as too many sweets, or sending a bottle to bed.

That's too bad for the little one, that's got to be so uncomfortable and probably extremely embarrassing for the parents. Try to stay compassionate, keep encouraging she brush her teeth after every meal while at your home and don't give her any refined sugars- to help prevent more decay. She definitely should go in and see a dentist..I know it's expensive in America to see medical professionals- but isn't there a program within the school system, for families who can't afford dental care? ...might be worth looking into

eta: I went back and read responses- after posting. Mom actually admits to giving 4yr old a bottle???? My 4.5 yr old isn't even allowed to use a sippy cup anymore, heck, my 2.5yr old is losing sippy cup priviledges- a bottle, at 4?! This now makes me think more of the neglect aspect of it ... but, still consider what I have posted above, regardless.
missnikki 06:20 AM 05-20-2011
Thinking out of the box here:

What if you called around to local dentists in your area, and asked them if they would be willing to come and do a 'toothbrushing show' for the kids? You could call it 'dental day', and give parents the referral cards and a toothbrush, etc...to kind of get the kids thinking that brushing is fun? If you can't knock the parent upside the head, get the kid to start doing things right from now on. (Too bad she can't drive herself to the dentist.)
Unregistered 10:54 AM 05-20-2011
Say it's bottle rot, say it isn't and it's medical. I know a kid that doesn't have enamel and is having tooth decay probs. Regardless, I'm tired of lazy parents. My child has regular dental appts every 6 months and doesn't have any decay and almost no tartar buildup. You know why? Because I brush & floss the child's teeth 2 times per day. Yes, me, not my kid. Brushing for 2 minutes each time isn't difficult when you have musical toothbrushes that play for 2 minutes. My pediatric dentist doesn't recommend my child brushing own teeth until 9 years old - only supposed to let them do it after I'm done brushing for the full 2 minutes. Up until then, the doc says kid won't have the dexterity nor the ability to clean thoroughly. A lot is diet too. Parents think nothing of letting their kids drink juice at every meal or throughout the day. What happened to good old fashioned water or milk like I give my kid? I limit juice to 1 serving per day. Candy is given as a sometimes treat and fruit is encouraged in our household as dessert. My child has never had soda and I almost never have it in the house. I know so many kids who have cavaties because the parents don't brush their kids teeth and let them have soda and let them eat candy every day, etc. These same parents don't change their habits even when their kids have to get those cavaities filled. I remember having cavaties when I was in grade school because my parents were lazy - they wouldn't even pay for sealants on my teeth, even though their insurance covered it, they would have only had to pay the deductible. I remember how bad my teeth hurt and I couldn't even eat. I remember how frightened I was of having to go to the dentist and having to get those filled. I didn't want to do to my kid what my parents did to me.
Chelle 02:34 PM 06-30-2011
My 5 1/2 year old has most of his teeth rotten. I went to one of the few pediatric dentists I could find and she gave him temp fillings three times that all fell out the same day! They had to strap him down three times while he screamed in fear and would not let me in the room. I finally waited till a regular dentist would see him, which yes was at age 4. He said there is nothing he could do really, and suggested waiting for them to fall out. He also said some people are born with thin to no enamel and there is nothing you can do about it. So I got another opinion, which was the same.

My son was off the bottle by age 1, he never went to bed with one and no pacifier after 4 months. No candy or sugary and acidic food or drinks in excess, I did everything I could. He brushes his teeth regularly as well. I raised two children already who never had this problem. Yes I am worried about teasing when he starts school this year and more than that I am worried about his health and his adult teeth. If any of you daycare finger pointing geniuses can come up with another solution to pulling all his friggin teeth out I would really love to hear it.

~A Mom Who Knows What's Right
familyschoolcare 04:21 PM 06-30-2011
Originally Posted by Chelle:
My 5 1/2 year old has most of his teeth rotten. I went to one of the few pediatric dentists I could find and she gave him temp fillings three times that all fell out the same day! They had to strap him down three times while he screamed in fear and would not let me in the room. I finally waited till a regular dentist would see him, which yes was at age 4. He said there is nothing he could do really, and suggested waiting for them to fall out. He also said some people are born with thin to no enamel and there is nothing you can do about it. So I got another opinion, which was the same.

My son was off the bottle by age 1, he never went to bed with one and no pacifier after 4 months. No candy or sugary and acidic food or drinks in excess, I did everything I could. He brushes his teeth regularly as well. I raised two children already who never had this problem. Yes I am worried about teasing when he starts school this year and more than that I am worried about his health and his adult teeth. If any of you daycare finger pointing geniuses can come up with another solution to pulling all his friggin teeth out I would really love to hear it.

~A Mom Who Knows What's Right
First of all you are right rotten teeth does not always mean neglect. It is however one of the signs. With that said here is some advice on you little one, and some background to go with it.

My sister children had the same problem and she was doing everything right as well. Very long story short..... she talked to the ped. and between the teeth and some other signed they figured out that the child's whose teeth where the worst has acid-reflex. The theory was that the acid was coming up during his sleep and quickening the rotting of his teeth, that with the combination of "bad Teeth genes" caused the problem. He is being treated for his acid reflex and the teeth are not rotten as fast still faster that any other child I know however my sister is told that the rate of cavities in all her children is considered normal.

Therefore my advice is talk to your son main doctor about his teeth if you have not already. The human body is very complex and the cause of rotting teeth may not be in the mouth.

I hop this helps.
Meyou 03:38 AM 07-01-2011
Oh my goodness....that poor child. A cavity can be so painful and she has a mouth of them. That makes me want to cry. How can a parent NOT figure something out to get them fixed? Shameful.

I have another not bottle rot story to share though. My dd complained about a sore tooth when she was 3 so I made her a dentist appt. They said she had 6 cavities and rescheduled to have her sedated for the work. When we went back the dentist came out and proceeded to give me a lecture on bottle rot and how just because I was a teen mother (I was 24 but looked 12) it was no excuse to abuse my child like that. Luckily my mom was with me (I was flustered and close to tears) and immediately stood up and said her granddaughter had been weaned off the bottle at 16 months and we brushed her teeth daily. I added that just because I had good genes that was no reason to belittle my parenting without having a clue. The dentist blustered and stammered and went back into the room. She came out again and apologized and said that from further examination it appears my daughters teeth were very close together and all of the cavities started in between the teeth and spread. Then told me I needed to floss her teeth at least once a day. She's 12 now and all of the caps from when she was 3 have fallen out. My sister, brother and mother all have this problem too.
Unregistered 04:45 PM 07-20-2011
OMG! same thing has happened with my lil girl. I'm 23 yrs old, a single mother of 2 kids. My little girl is 4yrs old and i have a younger son who is 2yrs old. Im a survivor of domestic abuse, 5 years i was with someone i thought "loved" me. I left him a year ago. Ive worked all my life, before my son was born I only had my daughter and i had to leave her with a babysitter which i knew and trusted. I took my daughter off the bottle at 1.5yrs but when my daughter was beginning to talk around 2.5 she would mention she would be given a bottle at her babysitters house?! Without my permission! i was outraged and had a talk with her. She confessed and assured me it wouldnt happen again. Well by then i had my son, and she was taking care of both. Turns out both were getting bottles i noticed bottle rot and was forced to find child care elsewhere. I made sure my son didnt have a bottle past 1 year of age, but my daughter already went too long using a bottle and not to mention all the juices that were given to her I took my kids to the dentist and my son has perfect teeth but my little girl needs her front 4 pulled out and to do that will cost $2,500 i cried. How could i have let it get that far, its all my fault. I work full time and am trying my hardest to save money for it. I do get child support but thats not even enough money to cover my costs of childcare. I spend $900 a month to have my kids well taken care of. So all im saying is tell the mother your very concerned and that she needs to get her kids to the dentist soon!
BabyMomma 08:53 PM 07-20-2011
I'm a mom and it happened with my kiddos. No I didn't neglect, but I did get overwhelmed with a few things (my mom was dying of cancer, running more than one business, husband acting a stone fool, etc.). My oldest had three removed and caps placed on a few and I thought I was the worst parent in the world. My youngest had a tooth color cap put on a front tooth and a few caps in the back also.

I found out that I was more embarrassed at stuff than they were. Coming out of dental surgery my oldest woke up momentarily and said, "Mommy, am I still fabulous?" I replied, "All day long baby, all day long." And that smile is just as bright as when she had all of her teeth.

I'm just glad I found a wonderful pediatric dentist (Kool Smiles turned me completely off) who assured me that it happens, then put us all on the right track. My kids brush twice a day with a specialized flouride after regular brushing. Love it!

So, hopefully the parents of these dental assistance needing children will get on track too. I like the idea of a dentist coming in to visit the children bringing in a few "this is what happens when you don't brush" props. Every little bit helps...
mac60 05:56 AM 07-21-2011
Our dentist told us that people have either "soft" or "hard" teeth. Those with soft teeth tend to get cavities regardless of how great their dental health habits are. Teeth are heriditary, no doubt. You can have 2 kids with 2 very different teeth.
jojosmommy 12:07 PM 07-21-2011
Originally Posted by mac60:
Our dentist told us that people have either "soft" or "hard" teeth. Those with soft teeth tend to get cavities regardless of how great their dental health habits are. Teeth are heriditary, no doubt. You can have 2 kids with 2 very different teeth.
My mom is the admin at a dentist office and has been since before I was born. This is VERY TRUE. You either get tartar and no cavities or little tartar and cavities.

I personally have only NOT had cavities 2 times in my life and am a morning noon and night brusher. My teeth look great BUT I spend a pretty penny each year on dental hygiene. My husband has never had one cavity and brushes 1x per day and rarely brushed (and never had dental care) while in the marine corp.

Additionally, when I was two and my two year molars started coming in they came up in pieces. My mom knew that wasn't right and took me in immediately and I had caps on my back molars until my permanent teeth came in. Obviously my mom being in the dental field didn't neglect my teeth but genetics took over and something wasn't right with them. Maybe this is the case with this kid.

I would look up some free resources, most states have a free clinic where they can be seen. They may have to wait a while though as obviously lots of people tend to go there. I would tell her that her daughter is in pain and would also let her know you are going to call cps and talk to them about it. They can decide if this is neglect or not.

I would talk to mom about how you know this can be a big financial burden but it is necessary. Let her know you will support her- maybe help the kid brush at daycare, or have a tooth day and show all the kids how to brush appropriately.
youretooloud 12:20 PM 07-21-2011
Since this came back up... I'll update....

The five year old got four gold crowns in the back. She's very proud of them, and got to play video games while they worked on her teeth. They are kinda cool looking.

The four year old still has tooth pain, and hasn't been back to the dentist. But, I'll say something again today. I know it's hard.. but, they have money for IVF, they can fix her teeth too.
actaktmdt 01:26 PM 07-21-2011
I'm sorry but that's neglect and cps worthy of reporting. The two boys that just enrolled were removed from their parents why...rotting teeth and underweight acording to fc mom. The 2.5 will be going to univ of Michigan to have 7 root canels.
broncomom1973 09:07 PM 07-21-2011
Well, as a nurse who worked for an oral surgeon for 6-1/2 years, I have seen every spectrum of oral health in both children and adults. It really is sad to have to give either oral or IV sedation to have to remove decayed teeth in a child, however, it is even sadder to have to give IV antibiotics due to infection from infected and decayed teeth in addition to extracting the decayed teeth. Honestly, I have seen many life threatening.....yes, life threatening tooth infections. I have seen people (adults and children both) come in with golf ball size lumps on their lower jaw from infected teeth. I have seen patients admitted to the hospital who ended up with a tracheostomy because the infection spread so far as to affect their airway. I also remember one patient whose infection spread all the way down into his chest affecting his heart. He was in his 20's, also ended up with a trach and was on life support for quite a while. People dont think these things happen, but they do. I live in a fairly rural area and while I worked at that clinic we saw infected teeth on a daily basis. It is going to cost these people alot more than just the cost of extractions if this poor child ends up with an infection (pain is usually indicative) and ends up admitted to the hospital for IV antibiotics. I would also like to say that we never turned a person away from our clinic due to finances. Everyday, dentists from all over the northwestern portion of our state would send their patients with infected teeth to us for treatment- extraction. This was in addition to the patients who were walk-ins. I cant tell you how many nights I worked until after 7 p.m. because although our last patient was scheduled at 4 or 4:30, we had to stay late to do surgery on the "work in patients", most of whom had no insurance or funds to pay for the surgery. I even remember the Dr I worked for (he was both an MD and oral surgeon- not all oral surgeons are MD's, some are just DDS with oral surgery training) paying for a patients antibiotics out of his own pocket. The patient told him that they couldnt afford to get the Rx filled, so he called the pharmacy and had it billed to him. His primary concern was always to treat the patient.

Bottom line- it IS neglect.
laundrymom 06:07 AM 07-22-2011
Since this came back up... I'll update....

The five year old got four gold crowns in the back. She's very proud of them, and got to play video games while they worked on her teeth. They are kinda cool looking.

The four year old still has tooth pain, and hasn't been back to the dentist. But, I'll say something again today. I know it's hard.. but, they have money for IVF, they can fix her teeth too.
Holy cow!!! I would mom TODAY how long she is going to let her 4 yr old suffer before getting them medical attention? Because this is a child abuse/ neglect issue.
BabyMomma 10:23 PM 08-21-2011
I've been told by my children's dentist that many times parents neglect to get care for the children because they assume that they're baby teeth will eventually "fall out" anyway. They don't realize the impact it has on the gums, etc. Poor child...
Unregistered 10:22 AM 09-29-2011
I think it's funny how all these parents always claim that it's genetics that causes their childrens teeth to rot. Sure it exists out there but it is not that common. I've never heard one parent admit that they need to take better care of their childs teeth. I can't believe that all these little children going to the dentist, getting their teetth capped and pulled due to rot....are from genetics. They're lazy. Period. Stuffing a bottle in their face to pacify them to put them to sleep is a lot easier than actualy doing the work. Giving the pop because they whine and cry for it is a lot easier then bearing the brunt of having to be a parent. No parent is perfect. Admit the fault and change it.

I agree with broncomom197, it is neglect.
Country Kids 10:43 AM 09-29-2011
I'm also starting to wonder about the dentists. I have a friend who took her child into the dentist in May or June, dentist found a cavity. The next available appointment for a filling was January of next year!!!!!!!! This is a special dentist that just does children. Seriously 6-7 months before they can fill a cavity! By that time its just going to be bigger and causing more problems.
mismatchedsocks 12:54 PM 09-29-2011
Poor child. First for having a bottle at age 4, second for being in pain. Children dont know better, they learn everything from the parents. I can only imagine how she must be feeling. Can you do some research for dentists that work off of income based? Or payment plans?

I would notate in medical book each day about the childs teeth, and any comments she makes about it hurting. I also would write in when you talk to mom and what you say or what info you give her.
Nellie 12:54 PM 09-29-2011
I feel so bad for this little girl. My husband comes from a family with bad teeth genes. For all the pessimists they are REAL bad genes. His grandma had all her teeth pulled by 22. His mom has some dentures. 5 out of the nine kids didn't have enamel on there baby teeth and all of them rotten out or had to be pulled, and the rest of them have constant problems with there teeth even as adults. My husband remembers at 5 not being able to sleep because he teeth hurt so bad. His mom had to go get him tylonal 3 help him through the pain until he could get into the dentist. I was so surprised when we got married. My husband brushed his teeth right away when he woke up, after breakfast, when he got home from work, after supper, and before bed. On a week end day throw at least one more brushing in there. My husband will get a cavity, then the same tooth will need a root canal, and finally it will need to get pulled. He has spent so much money on his mouth. He finally go to the point when a tooth needed a root canal to just get it pulled. We are sticking the money saved from the root canal for dentures. I have finally found a dentist he likes. There is nothing like going to the dentist and having the dentist or the hygienist give you crap and make you feel like ****. He said as a kid they always said "you must drink lots of pop. Husband "No". Dentist "well you must drink alot of juice." Husband "no." Dentist "Well you must eat alot of candy." Husband "No." And not seeming to believe him. He came from a good family, but there was little money. There was NO pop, with Sunday breakfast there was a glass of juice, and Halloween and Easter their was candy. My husband has always said if the kids ever complain about there mouth hurting we will pay and do anything to not let our kids go through that kind of pain.
youretooloud 01:00 PM 09-29-2011
Since this came back up.

The oldest child (5 yr old) got all of her teeth fixed. She started kindergarten this year, and I haven't heard from them, but I know she was getting dental work before school started.

The four year old has not been back since summer, and I highly doubt mom has any intentions of doing anything else. She has things she wants to spend the money on, and "Fixing teeth that are just going to fall out anyway" is not one of them.

They just went on a four day trip to Disneyland last week. So, money isn't a large issue.
Crystal 01:47 PM 09-29-2011
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
I'm also starting to wonder about the dentists. I have a friend who took her child into the dentist in May or June, dentist found a cavity. The next available appointment for a filling was January of next year!!!!!!!! This is a special dentist that just does children. Seriously 6-7 months before they can fill a cavity! By that time its just going to be bigger and causing more problems.
Seriously! It takes a few minutes to fill a cavity....it should have been done during the time of the exam.
Nellie 04:15 PM 09-29-2011
Since this came back up.

The oldest child (5 yr old) got all of her teeth fixed. She started kindergarten this year, and I haven't heard from them, but I know she was getting dental work before school started.

The four year old has not been back since summer, and I highly doubt mom has any intentions of doing anything else. She has things she wants to spend the money on, and "Fixing teeth that are just going to fall out anyway" is not one of them.

They just went on a four day trip to Disneyland last week. So, money isn't a large issue.
Sooo Sad. Shame on her parents.
Nellie 04:23 PM 09-29-2011
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Does this place accept medicaid or what ever the states medical program for the poor? Most dentist don't accept medicaid or state funded programs because of the low reimbursement rate. The facilities that do often have year or years long waiting lists for first appointments and have the long wait time between appointments.
youretooloud 04:27 PM 09-29-2011
Originally Posted by Crystal:
Seriously! It takes a few minutes to fill a cavity....it should have been done during the time of the exam.
She'll need some pulled, and some root canals, and the front teeth need to be filled or pulled.

The five year old had several teeth pulled last year. It was sad to see her like that... then she had four root canals, and and several fillings. I hated that for her.
Tags:2011, brush teeth, dentist, oral hygiene, rotten teeth, teeth
Reply Up