Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Payroll?
emosks 08:17 AM 04-29-2010
Who do you use for a payroll service if you have an employee? Currently I'm looking into using Intuit and do it myself as well as another local company...but I'm wondering if there are others out there that you can recommend?
gbcc 09:11 AM 04-29-2010
I use H and R Block. It's $50 per month and then at the end of year taxes are included.
actaktmdt 11:14 AM 04-29-2010
Most banks have a seperate "payroll" department that they can allow people to use. I dont know what they charge. The two main companies here in GR is ADP and then paychex.....they offer trainings and stuff...honestly, if you can figure out how to do it, you may be better in the end...i think even microsoft accounting will allow for payroll, thats interesting that you posted this i just emailed a fellow friend that does tax accounting asking him a ton of questions
emosks 11:23 AM 04-29-2010
Originally Posted by actaktmdt:
Most banks have a seperate "payroll" department that they can allow people to use. I dont know what they charge. The two main companies here in GR is ADP and then paychex.....they offer trainings and stuff...honestly, if you can figure out how to do it, you may be better in the end...i think even microsoft accounting will allow for payroll, thats interesting that you posted this i just emailed a fellow friend that does tax accounting asking him a ton of questions
My accountant will do it for me but for a fee on top of me buying it. I'm thinking of just doing Intuit but I have Dominion coming out tomorrow. I'd rather go local I think.
actaktmdt 11:31 AM 04-29-2010
my problem is I dont have a basline year to go off from to know how much with w/h..to know a general idea to know the gen. deduction/profit amounts....he sent me an email and I dont follow it at all....i can send it you if want maybe it would make sense to you
emosks 11:50 AM 04-29-2010
Originally Posted by actaktmdt:
my problem is I dont have a basline year to go off from to know how much with w/h..to know a general idea to know the gen. deduction/profit amounts....he sent me an email and I dont follow it at all....i can send it you if want maybe it would make sense to you
Go ahead...I can take a look at it. Did you form an LLC or anything or are you just doing this individually?
grandmom 01:19 PM 04-29-2010
I had someone set up an Excel spreadsheet. I input hours worked and it does everything except FIT which is on their chart. Then she also showed me how the quarterly paper work is filled out. It's pretty easy really. And I'm not a numbers person.
Reply Up