Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Funshine Express-Fun activity we did today
originalkat 10:04 AM 05-10-2010
As part of the Monster Theme this month, I'm sure you Funshine Express Users saw the Milk Jug Big Green Monster activity(in math section). We decided that he would want to eat Yy sound objects. So we fed him until he was full! We also read the story "Go Away, Big Green Monster!"
Big Green Monster Preschool 006.jpg
Just wanted to share!
Attached:
TGT09 10:47 AM 05-10-2010
That is awesome! I just went to the library a bit ago and got that same book! I'm also about to finish a jug of milk so I might just do the big green monster of my own! Great job!
My4SunshineGirlsNY 10:49 AM 05-10-2010
That is so cute...does Funshine Express send you the books to go along with the theme? Or do you go to the Library for that?
SunflowerMama 10:51 AM 05-10-2010
So cute! We read the same book today!! I'm going to work on a Monster Jug too for later in the week! Fun theme this week!

I'm thinking about possibly a pajama day Thursday and Monsters Inc.!!
SunflowerMama 10:54 AM 05-10-2010
That little container for the letter items did you make that? It kind of looks like a chinese food soup container but the letters look great. I think that would be awesome to make one for each letter and have them stocked away and ready to be used.
SunflowerMama 10:55 AM 05-10-2010
Originally Posted by My4SunshineGirlsNY:
That is so cute...does Funshine Express send you the books to go along with the theme? Or do you go to the Library for that?
They send you a book list and you can just get what's available at the library. I usually get my books 2 weeks at a time .
originalkat 11:20 AM 05-10-2010
We get a book list from Funshine online. I can check our library books out for 4 weeks at a time. So at the end of the month I request all my books online (usually 15-18) and they are all waiting for me when I come to pick them up so I am ready for the first week of the new month. I have been displaying the books and posting them on my blog for the parents as well so they can see all the great literature their kids are being exposed to. Here is a link to one of my posts like that...
http://greengatepreschool.blogspot.c...ril-12-16.html
I love the pajama day with Monster's Inc idea! I think we will do that as well!
originalkat 11:27 AM 05-10-2010
Originally Posted by twinmama:
That little container for the letter items did you make that? It kind of looks like a chinese food soup container but the letters look great. I think that would be awesome to make one for each letter and have them stocked away and ready to be used.
I have worked places where they have collected objects for each letter of the alphabet and they were stored in empty wipe containers. That is where I originally got the idea. However, I saved up and bought this WONDERFUL set from Lakeshore Learning(direct link is below pic) I use it EVERY week and the kids LOVE it. I think these are worth the money.

http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/seo...02101216~~.jsp
TGT09 11:36 AM 05-10-2010
That is so cool! I apparently need to get on Lakeshore!
originalkat 11:39 AM 05-10-2010
Originally Posted by TGT09:
That is so cool! I apparently need to get on Lakeshore!
Oh yes! I LOVE LakeshoreLearning. I get their catalog every year. You may even have a retail store close to you depending on where you live. Our closest one is about 2 1/2 hours away. But whenever we take a road trip we ALWAYS stop in there! The store is literally like a LIVING catalog!
SunflowerMama 11:42 AM 05-10-2010
Originally Posted by originalkat:
I have worked places where they have collected objects for each letter of the alphabet and they were stored in empty wipe containers. That is where I originally got the idea. However, I saved up and bought this WONDERFUL set from Lakeshore Learning(direct link is below pic) I use it EVERY week and the kids LOVE it. I think these are worth the money.

http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/seo...02101216~~.jsp
I love it!! I'm totally saving up for that set!!
actaktmdt 02:11 PM 05-10-2010
I will check out that lakeshore site, those letters look neat.

I did not buy FS stuff for May. We are using Aprils sense I ended up with only 1 dc kid for 3 days for the month. I didnt want to waste money....the parents dont seem to mind and love it.
originalkat 02:32 PM 05-10-2010
Originally Posted by actaktmdt:
I will check out that lakeshore site, those letters look neat.

I did not buy FS stuff for May. We are using Aprils sense I ended up with only 1 dc kid for 3 days for the month. I didnt want to waste money....the parents dont seem to mind and love it.
That is a good idea!
Carole's Daycare 08:42 AM 05-11-2010
We love that book! We've had tons of fun with the Monsters theme here too! I can check out for a month- so I do the same thing when I get my curriculum (3 weeks before month on auto ship) I review the themes/activities, choose books from my own collection that fit, whether on the book list or not- and order from the library for pickup. Our library also has "kits for kids' in many, many different themes. They include puppets, books, videos and other activities all on a theme. Periodically I sign up for one of those that matches an upcoming theme.
Tags:funshine
Reply Up