Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help Hitting/Pushing Needs to End
actaktmdt 09:28 AM 05-12-2010
The kids seem to think hitting is ok when I'm fixing breakfast and lunch...this needs to stop now........I'm at a loss as to what to do
melskids 09:46 AM 05-12-2010
is it only when your busy preparing meals or doing stuff that takes 100% of your attention away? or are they doing it all the time?

i would sit them at the table and make them wait for meals. maybe with crayons and paper. for serious offenders, they would sit right by me on the kitchen floor while i was preparing meals.
emosks 11:05 AM 05-12-2010
Are you going over the rules with them?
tenderhearts 11:15 AM 05-12-2010
I wasn't having hitting and shoving issues but every time I had to go start lunch the kids would start, running, yelling or fighting with each other so now when I'm fixing lunch for the 15 min, they all have to sit down quietly and we watch a disney sing a long, usually by then lunch is done. It has helped me so much, if they talk or play around and bother someone they have to sit away from the others. It has made a HUGE difference. My dck are between 3-5. Good Luck
AnythingsPossible 11:18 AM 05-12-2010
You could sit them at the dining table while you are fixing meals with an activity to do. Tell them if they want to be able to play away from the table they need to show you they can follow the rules and be kind to each other.
actaktmdt 02:31 PM 05-12-2010
I dont know why I double posted..must have been an issue with my phone. I did even think about doing an activity at the table...ill try that. Lunch is just a crazy time for me b/c thats when my part time shows up.....
emosks 05:48 PM 05-12-2010
You have to let them know who is in charge though. Activities will only work for so long before they are back to acting all nuts!
Tags:hitting
Reply Up