Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Playground Pics?
playdate4 11:55 AM 04-09-2014
Show me your backyards and playgrounds we are having our playset installed next Thursday and would love ideas on outside play
DaisyMamma 05:25 PM 04-09-2014

melilley 05:21 AM 04-10-2014
Originally Posted by DaisyMamma:
I just LOVE your huge tire! Nice playground!
Unregistered 05:51 AM 04-10-2014
Nice play area! Do you mind telling me if you painted the tire yourself, and what you used?
Thanks
MCC 06:10 AM 04-10-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Nice play area! Do you mind telling me if you painted the tire yourself, and what you used?
Thanks
This is so nice!!!

My backyard is a HUGE HILL. I hate it. I have all kids under 3 and they struggle to get up the hill. We have about a 13x13 foot area that is flat
originalkat 06:17 AM 04-10-2014

playdate4 08:40 AM 04-10-2014
Love the tire...

I love these pics...
Mom2TLE 08:48 AM 04-10-2014
Daisy Mama I have three off those tires in my yard, the previous owners had planted flowers in them, I was going to throw them out but yours is so cute painted ( mine are painted white) Maybe I should do that instead. What do you have in yours?
Blackcat31 09:19 AM 04-10-2014
Originally Posted by Mom2TLE:
Daisy Mama I have three off those tires in my yard, the previous owners had planted flowers in them, I was going to throw them out but yours is so cute painted ( mine are painted white) Maybe I should do that instead. What do you have in yours?
Most of our area playgrounds have tires on them. All used in various ways...

If you google ideas for using tires on playgrounds...all sorts of cool pictures come up!

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...ds&FORM=HDRSC2
taylorw1210 10:49 AM 04-10-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Most of our area playgrounds have tires on them. All used in various ways...

If you google ideas for using tires on playgrounds...all sorts of cool pictures come up!

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...ds&FORM=HDRSC2
I need to find some tires!!
Sunshine74 11:11 AM 04-10-2014
Originally Posted by taylorw1210:
I need to find some tires!!
I was thinking that same thing.
LadyK8 11:31 AM 04-10-2014
I don't have a fenced in backyard, so these cute playgrounds will not be a reality for me for a really long time.
DaisyMamma 12:12 PM 04-10-2014
Thanks everyone!

My husband hates the tire. He says "how will we ever get rid of it?" Which is true. It weighs 300 lbs and we built the fence around it

Anyway, inside I put dirt in the area where water likes to pool and covered that with mulched hay. Right now the kids have a yoga ball in the middle of it.

The paint was simple outdoor spray paint from home depot. I think it was some sort of latex. Someone on this forum actually told me what to buy! It was a few years ago so I forgot what it was exactly. But it had to be painted because the kids kept coming inside covered in black tire marks.
DaisyMamma 12:18 PM 04-10-2014
You can't see this part in the photo, its up in the back.

Jack Sprat 12:18 PM 04-10-2014
We have two rear tractor tires coming next week!! Thank you for the idea! One is going on its side for a tunnel the other is going to be flat for them to climb in and out of.
Jack Sprat 12:25 PM 04-10-2014
Attached Pictures below
Attached: 1.jpg (132.4 KB) 2.jpg (147.1 KB) 
Jack Sprat 12:26 PM 04-10-2014
I don't recall how to flip the pics....That plastic Step 2 thing is getting moved out and the tractor tires will go there!
Blackcat31 12:27 PM 04-10-2014
Our local tractor supply store sells these:

jenboo 12:33 PM 04-10-2014
Im jealous the big yards!!

Here is mine. I can't even remember how many houses we went through trying to find one with a big back yard. Our yard is HUGE compared to most yards around here. The size and grass has gotten me clients
I also love the tire idea! but my grass is precious to me (we just bought it and installed it ourselves in September) so everything comes off it each night.

We are in the process of building a patio covering

Jack Sprat 01:16 PM 04-10-2014
Yours PP looks so nice and tidy. Ours looks like a bomb hit it, or 6 kids under the age of 6 lol! I want to add papas(?) grass to the front to provide privacy from the street and line the back with it as well. Also, more wood and less plastic.
melilley 04:34 AM 04-11-2014
Originally Posted by jenboo:
Im jealous the big yards!!

Here is mine. I can't even remember how many houses we went through trying to find one with a big back yard. Our yard is HUGE compared to most yards around here. The size and grass has gotten me clients
I also love the tire idea! but my grass is precious to me (we just bought it and installed it ourselves in September) so everything comes off it each night.

We are in the process of building a patio covering

Can you please send me a palm tree?
I them! Cute playground too...
Meeko 07:17 AM 04-11-2014
I need to update these, we have changed a few things.
Attached: yard1.jpg (125.9 KB) yard2.jpg (159.8 KB) yard3.jpg (158.1 KB) 
DaisyMamma 09:29 AM 04-11-2014
Originally Posted by melilley:
Can you please send me a palm tree?
I them! Cute playground too...
Right?
My first thought was, oh its warm there! Lucky!
Brustkt 11:08 AM 04-11-2014
My kids love the sandbox!
Attached: image.jpg (67.5 KB) 
jenboo 11:09 AM 04-11-2014
Right?
My first thought was, oh its warm there! Lucky!
I'm not willing to share my palms!! Those are for my hammock

I am willing to share the heat. Its not warm...its hot. We already hit the low 90's. So not looking forward to when it gets too hot to go outside! I will do everything possible to get these kids outside all summer long.
melilley 11:27 AM 04-11-2014
Originally Posted by jenboo:
I'm not will to share my palms!! Those are for my hammock

I am willing to share the heat. Its not warm...its hot. We already hit the low 90's. So not looking forward to when it gets too hot to go outside! I will do everything possible to get these kids outside all summer long.
But, but pleeeeaaassseee! Lol We went to Vegas a few years ago and I so wanted to bring a palm tree home..but I think airport security would have noticed.

I finally got to open my windows yesterday, but only for a while. The wind made it too cold to leave them open. But today, I get to leave them open and am so excited!
jenboo 11:34 AM 04-11-2014
But, but pleeeeaaassseee! Lol We went to Vegas a few years ago and I so wanted to bring a palm tree home..but I think airport security would have noticed.

I finally got to open my windows yesterday, but only for a while. The wind made it too cold to leave them open. But today, I get to leave them open and am so excited!
There are a couple in the front yard you can have but you have to dig them up!!

We have about 3 weeks between winter and summer, and summer and winter where we can have the windows open and the heat/air off. The house is closed up the majority of the year. My AC is already running. But...we do get to be outside almost all year long..much shorter in summer but its better than nothing!!
spud912 03:46 PM 04-11-2014

I'm in Phoenix, so we have a lot of palm trees here too. We have a little palm tree in our front yard and none in our backyard, EXCEPT the neighbors don't upkeep their palm trees and it sheds hundreds of seeds into our backyard. Little baby palms are sprouting like weeds in our backyard all of the time! They are a bear to remove too! You are more than welcome to come and "pull" out all of our baby palm trees in our backyard.

I'm trying to grow a garden in our backyard and fail ever year once May and June hit. The heat bakes everything. I'm really hoping the strawberries we planted make it!
Josiegirl 06:09 PM 04-11-2014
Loving everybody's pictures! Thanks for sharing them!
Brustkt, I'd love your sandbox too. That's a great backyard!
MsLaura529 05:19 AM 04-12-2014
LOVE these. Can't wait to get our back yard set up - we need to get our mulching done and our "fencing". Right now we play outside on our back deck, which is nice a big and has a couple smaller slides and stuff on it. But the kids need room to RUUUNNNNN.
NightOwl 07:54 PM 04-12-2014
How do we add pics? I have a couple I could share.
sarah33 10:59 AM 04-14-2014
We only have .18 acre, so I made a border out of the Step 2/Little Tikes toys that we have. Our home backs to open space, so no fenced-in backyard! The kids really enjoy it.
Attached: IMG_20140414_132041_707.jpg (138.0 KB) IMG_20140414_132111_909.jpg (151.5 KB) 
Childminder 11:35 AM 04-14-2014
SDC10711.jpg

SDC10712.jpg
Attached: SDC10716.jpg (230.9 KB) 
melilley 11:39 AM 04-14-2014
Originally Posted by Childminder:
Attachment 2542

Attachment 2543
I love your playground, especially the fire truck!
Blackcat31 11:41 AM 04-14-2014
Originally Posted by Wednesday:
How do we add pics? I have a couple I could share.
https://www.daycare.com/forum/faq.ph...b3_attachments

If you need further assistance, please let me know.
Little Buttons 12:13 PM 04-14-2014
Oh my goodness childminder i ADORE your firetruck!!! All of these pics are inspiring! I want to have a playground eventually but it is too costly with the many safety requirements for now. Hopefully next summer!
Tags:playground, playground - equipment, playground pictures
Reply Up