Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Brand New! Hiya!
dkm5189 03:59 PM 06-08-2014
Hi!
I have been lurking for a week and finally decided to register
My name is Denise and I am from Michigan. I am finally deciding (after dreaming about it for the longest time) to open a daycare!
I have three kidlets of my own (10,6,2) and I can honestly say I am beyond excited about this journey!
I am terrible at intros, but I figured I could at least throw mine out here.......so hi
Blackcat31 04:20 PM 06-08-2014
Welcome to the forum!

Regular member traffic picks up quite a bit during the weeks so stick around!
TickleMonster 05:23 PM 06-08-2014
Nice to meet you! You are going to love this forum! So many helpful ideas and lots of support here.
dkm5189 06:06 PM 06-08-2014
Thank you!!
Some of the posts have been very helpful! I have run into many things I haven't even thought about haha!
Its def a wealth of info
Thanks again for the welcomes!!!!
Michael 09:07 PM 06-08-2014
Welcome to the forum!
melilley 11:12 AM 06-09-2014
Hi neighbor! I'm from MI too!
dkm5189 01:32 PM 06-09-2014
Yay! Hello neighbor!
If you don't mind, can I pm u? I have been curious about laws and stuff, and of course a fellow Michigander can help with those! Thanks again for the welcome!!
melilley 03:07 PM 06-09-2014
Originally Posted by dkm5189:
Yay! Hello neighbor!
If you don't mind, can I pm u? I have been curious about laws and stuff, and of course a fellow Michigander can help with those! Thanks again for the welcome!!
Of course!
melilley 03:11 PM 06-09-2014
I may not be able to get back to you right away, I have to cook dinner and stuff, but here's a link to the MI Child Care page. It has the rules and statutes on it as well as a Technical Assistance Manual where it thoroughly explains each rule. If you have any other questions, just ask! Hope it helps!

http://www.michigan.gov/dhs/0,4562,7...529---,00.html
BumbleBee 04:42 PM 06-09-2014
Hey there! Another Michigander here. I'm in the SW portion of MI. Stick around-it's great here!
dkm5189 05:14 PM 06-09-2014
I am up north.....way up north, mackinaw s my neighbor! Imma troll (the good kind!l
I have done plant of looking over the website, getting everything lined up.....I guess questions more relate to a point of view type of thing, like, how do inspections go? Do u accept dhs payments, I have a private septic....how does that work with the environmental inspection?....things like that...probably also with mixed ages.....I want them all to enjoy their time here
I love reading the posts....very helpful!
I would have sent a pm earlier but my kindergarten graduate and myself totally forgot bags for teachers gifts its been a back and forth kinda night, yay for pajamas!
BumbleBee 08:25 PM 06-09-2014
Originally Posted by dkm5189:
I am up north.....way up north, mackinaw s my neighbor! Imma troll (the good kind!l
I have done plant of looking over the website, getting everything lined up.....I guess questions more relate to a point of view type of thing, like, how do inspections go? Do u accept dhs payments, I have a private septic....how does that work with the environmental inspection?....things like that...probably also with mixed ages.....I want them all to enjoy their time here
I love reading the posts....very helpful!
I would have sent a pm earlier but my kindergarten graduate and myself totally forgot bags for teachers gifts its been a back and forth kinda night, yay for pajamas!
Born & raised in the UP myself. I miss it. Maybe someday I'll make it back up there. Again, welcome to the forum. I will try to answer some of your questions soon. Heading to bed shortly :-) Glad to have you here!
dkm5189 12:43 PM 06-10-2014
Grade eh yooper...haha love it!!!!!
Thank u for the welcomes!!!
Tags:michigan insurance, michigan member
Reply Up