Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>New Client Dropping Off Contract-Question
Unregistered 02:39 PM 04-14-2015
I have a new client dropping by tomorrow morning to bring me her signed contract and have me meet her infant. (Parents interviewed before birth and have been paying to hold the spot since). I have a very small group of regulars (my two kids and two dcb's). Since i am still establishing my business, I do accept drop in clients while I work up to capacity. Tomorrow, I will have 2 drop-in's, putting me up to capacity for the day. (I can have 6 total). Should I warn daycare mom that when she comes by I will have a full house and that its not typical? I know she liked my small group, so when she comes it may seem different than the interview, just because there are 2 extra kids in the mix. (They are well behaved kids I've had a few times already). I don't want to scare her off I guess.
Thriftylady 02:42 PM 04-14-2015
I may just tell her when she comes in something like "I had a couple of drop ins today so I have a bigger group, but it isn't this way everyday, and I will be taking less drop ins when your little one starts full time".
rosieteddy 08:05 AM 04-15-2015
I usually meet the infant after I close.I tell the parents I want to have a little one on one time with them and their "special"baby. then I set up the least disruptive time (outdoor for me at 4:00pm) to show our group.I would set that up for a low enrollment day.I also give a 30 min time frame for the visit.I explain truthfully that the other children need my undivided attention at other times.Always worked for me.
preschoolteacher 08:34 AM 04-15-2015
I wouldn't have anyone come over during a day with two drop-ins. In my experience, drop-in kids tend to be a ton of extra work. They aren't used to the routine or the rules and there's more crying. I'd find another time to have her over!~
KSDC 10:56 AM 04-15-2015
Also, be sure that the baby doesn't put you over your numbers. In Kansas, that child would count toward your numbers, even if the mom is there.
daycare 06:43 PM 04-15-2015
Originally Posted by preschoolteacher:
I wouldn't have anyone come over during a day with two drop-ins. In my experience, drop-in kids tend to be a ton of extra work. They aren't used to the routine or the rules and there's more crying. I'd find another time to have her over!~
this...

Also, dont ever set yourself saying oh this never happens and then when they enroll it does. you never know what changes may occur in your personal life.

When i started out, I never wanted a large dc i wanted a small one. Well things happened out of my control within my own families financial situation and I had no choice but to grow my business. So all of those clients that I told i would never do it, left when I did.

any time i have someone come by to meet and greet like that, we do it at the end of the day when things are winding down, less kids and the parent can see me interact with both the parents and the kids.
AmyKidsCo 08:20 PM 04-15-2015
I would introduce her to the children, "This is Jimmy, Jenny, Sara and Sam, who are here every day, and this is Patty and Peter, who are only here sometimes." or whatever phrase you want to use.
Reply Up