Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Time for This?
Unregistered 11:38 AM 04-30-2010
Please do not take this the wrong way, I mean nothing by it, but I am just wondering? When do you all find time to post on here!!! Your schedules seem so organized and filled through out the day I was just sort of wondering when you are posting and checking this site and how you do it ALL! LOL
Crystal 03:11 PM 04-30-2010
nap time, or break time, but I have two assistants, so I get break times daily.
MarinaVanessa 03:13 PM 04-30-2010
Before any kids come in, nap times, meal times and after kids get picked up. I do this on my "breaks".
melissa ann 03:25 PM 04-30-2010
Unless I have a day off, I'm on in the evenings after kids go home.
nannyde 03:28 PM 04-30-2010
assistant

fast reader

fast typer

been doing message boards for 12 years. Same conversations for the most part.

naptime

low on kids

kids independent and play very nicely with each other... need very little adult involvement in their play.

got everything I could possibly get done in advance before the kids came (meals, table settings, kitchen, laundry etc.)

kids free play time

have a very well oiled machine

etc.
Michael 03:47 PM 04-30-2010
Originally Posted by nannyde:
assistant

fast reader

fast typer

been doing message boards for 12 years. Same conversations for the most part.

naptime

low on kids

kids independent and play very nicely with each other... need very little adult involvement in their play.

got everything I could possibly get done in advance before the kids came (meals, table settings, kitchen, laundry etc.)

kids free play time

have a very well oiled machine

etc.

Low on kids? Let me know if you want me to add your daycare to the Daycare.com database. Anyone that regularly posts to this forum I will list for free.
Golden Rule 03:53 PM 04-30-2010
"Big" kids occupied with arts/crafts, books, WII fit or free play and don't want to play with me (one told me "grown ups are losers" just this week...)

Babies sleeping (can only poke them so much before they get a complex ) and all my busy work is done in advance...as previously stated by nannyde..been doing this for a long time. Can do it in my sleep some days...

Computer is in playroom, kids love to use it as well.

This week has been exceptional, though, I admit. With so many Spring Break/Vacations.....I have been pacing around, too much quiet makes me antsy....lol!!!
momma2girls 03:55 PM 04-30-2010
Before children arrive in am, naptimes, and after children go home in evenings
momma2girls 03:56 PM 04-30-2010
Originally Posted by michael:
Low on kids? Let me know if you want me to add your daycare to the Daycare.com database. Anyone that regularly posts to this forum I will list for free.
Awesome, can I list?
Michael 04:03 PM 04-30-2010
Originally Posted by Iowa daycare:
Awesome, can I list?
Wow, I already got several requests in like two minutes! Free is good i guess.
Of course. Just MP me.
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 04:29 PM 04-30-2010
Ill be honest, I get on when the kids are sleeping, or if they are doing story time with an older one. My kids, and my neighbor have designated reading times. They are paid 3 popcicles a week each to read a story or two a day. The kids get tired of me reading every day and its great for the big kids. I also get on in the wee mornings, ( I start at 4am, ) when the first two are still sleeping.
emosks 05:56 PM 04-30-2010
Same as everyone else!

I have 2 assistants
We are on the computer off and on all day long using Minute Menu
Naps, Snacks, etc
Fast typer/reader

I'm pretty sure most of us are on here a few minutes at a time and not hours on end!!
nannyde 06:32 PM 04-30-2010
Oh man... my luck. Just listed yesterday!!!! It's cool though. Totally worth it. Thanks for the offer though.
nannyde 06:35 PM 04-30-2010
Wow, I already got several requests in like two minutes! Free is good i guess.
Of course. Just MP me.

Maybe I should have asked for a free upgrade!!!!
sahm2three 09:08 PM 04-30-2010
Same here, naps, snacks, lunch, etc. I am a pro at messageboards too! This place has been great!
QualiTcare 10:20 PM 04-30-2010
i had my laptop outside today on the carport downloading music for the kids (okay...and myself) while they played/rode bikes. i wasn't posting, but i easily could have.

i never could've done that when i worked in a "chain daycare" but i don't! i'm at home! i send the parents picture messages and they call me throughout the day if they want to. there's a lot more freedom working from home.
Michael 11:42 PM 04-30-2010
Originally Posted by nannyde:

Maybe I should have asked for a free upgrade!!!!
67 posts? Ok, I will upgrade you to premium. What is the name of your daycare? You can PM me.
Francine 03:12 AM 05-01-2010
I wish I would have known,I added myself about a month ago. I have been advertising in my local paper for three weeks now and haven't gotten a single call. This economy is not helping me get out of the office job that I hate

I had no problem getting kids the first time I opened 14 years ago, I'm really starting to get depressed.
nannyde 03:22 AM 05-01-2010
67 posts? Ok, I will upgrade you to premium. What is the name of your daycare? You can PM me.
Yeah but they are QUALITY posts.

I'm at premium from what I can see so we are good. Thanks. I sent you a p.m.

Nan
tymaboy 08:32 AM 05-01-2010
You can achieve a lot when you have the kids on a schedule. It also all depends on how well behaved the kids are doing on the particular day. There are some days that I do not make it on till they are gone.
Golden Rule 11:45 AM 05-01-2010
Also wanted to mention that I have a daycare fb page and instant messenger for the parents to talk to me from work and share photos of their kids doing funny/new things. It is not uncommon for me to have 6 pages (weather.gov, art projects, emails, online training sites/pre-school sites, etc) minimized at any time. Just because we are "logged in" this forum does not mean we are even "in" the forum.

I have broadband and my computer is on 24/7...sometimes I even forget to log out of things for days at a time... (I was logged into "family fun" arts and crafts forum for almost 3 days, once...got alot of teasing for "Insomniac of the year" I was not even in this state at the time!)
judytrickett 01:53 PM 05-01-2010
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Please do not take this the wrong way, I mean nothing by it, but I am just wondering? When do you all find time to post on here!!! Your schedules seem so organized and filled through out the day I was just sort of wondering when you are posting and checking this site and how you do it ALL! LOL
Well, you see, when you have standards and expectations for the children in your care and you actually allow the children to meet those expectations you spend FAR less time putting out fires. And when you are not spending time putting out fires that allows more time for free play. And free play means Judy is sitting in the corner, laptop on her lap getting a little adult interaction so she doesn't go completely insane.

Nap time is also NAP time around here. EVERYONE sleeps.
AmandasFCC 06:33 PM 05-01-2010
Nap time, before kids get here, and when they leave.

PS, I'd love to list too if possible Michael, do I post enough?
booroo 09:57 PM 05-01-2010
I have wifi, which allows me to gave access through mycell phone, Itouvh and the lap tap!! Plus my kids aren't here until afternoon, just in time for naptime!!
QualiTcare 10:05 PM 05-01-2010
Originally Posted by booroo:
I have wifi, which allows me to gave access through mycell phone, Itouvh and the lap tap!! Plus my kids aren't here until afternoon, just in time for naptime!!
yeah, i can use my phone too. plus, my schedule is not the normal 9-5 (or 6-6) or whatever. i only "work" a few days a week.
booroo 10:10 PM 05-01-2010
Originally Posted by QualiTcare:
yeah, i can use my phone too. plus, my schedule is not the normal 9-5 (or 6-6) or whatever. i only "work" a few days a week.
Yeah my dkb comes after preschool, then the new family I have the dkg at 730am and her brother after school but I only have 2 or 3 times a week, or sometimes they niether one come until 330 but are here until 8pm. Plus I can read fast, if I have the computer I can type fast as well.
actaktmdt 10:41 PM 05-01-2010
during nap times, for a quick check of emails and to see whats going on....and on nights like tonight where my insomia has kicked in
melskids 06:33 AM 05-02-2010
i sit mine in front of the t.v. in the other room with the door closed so i can have privacy, grab a nice cold beer and glare at this computer moniter all day....

i'm only kidding!!! i couldn't help myself.....lol

i'm usually on in the a.m. before kids get here, maybe check in at night after they leave, and sometimes on the weekends if i have nothing going on.
judytrickett 11:03 AM 05-02-2010
Originally Posted by melskids:
i sit mine in front of the t.v. in the other room with the door closed so i can have privacy, grab a nice cold beer and glare at this computer moniter all day....

Well, thanks a lot for giving away our one and only secret.
misol 07:31 PM 05-02-2010
Originally Posted by Golden Rule:
Also wanted to mention that I have a daycare fb page and instant messenger for the parents to talk to me from work and share photos of their kids doing funny/new things. It is not uncommon for me to have 6 pages (weather.gov, art projects, emails, online training sites/pre-school sites, etc) minimized at any time. Just because we are "logged in" this forum does not mean we are even "in" the forum.

I have broadband and my computer is on 24/7...sometimes I even forget to log out of things for days at a time... (I was logged into "family fun" arts and crafts forum for almost 3 days, once...got alot of teasing for "Insomniac of the year" I was not even in this state at the time!)
I do this too! I will sign on in the morning so that whenever I get a free moment like meals, snacks, or naps, I can just sit down and everything is already right there. There have been times where I have forgotten to sign off though, and I would wonder if anyone would be thinking that I had been on the forum the ENTIRE day and night!
Tags:extra time, posting
Reply Up